No announcement yet.

Northeastern Huskies 2019-20: Reloaded...and Still in Love with Stacy's Mom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northeastern Huskies 2019-20: Reloaded...and Still in Love with Stacy's Mom

Before he goes to bed at night, Red Gendron checks his closet for Jim Madigan. We're getting into Brady against the Bills territory.

Solid weekend before the Belfast trip. Sounds like we won't have Kislin or Bucheler for a little bit...nice to see Struble get more and more comfortable every game. 2, 3, 5 and 23 are going to have to play big minutes in their absence (assuming Struble is ok)
    Last edited by Thiessen'sBetter; 11-23-2019, 10:45 PM.
    2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
    2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

• Originally posted by RossiRules View Post
      Agree completely, with the exception of that cheap shot hit, it was a good hard faught battle and our Huskies manged to win the war. I would have given a 5 min major and a game misconduct to Maine and another minor to Red who never shut up all night. Glad I went my last one until January as I won't have ant time to. I love a 4 pt weekend. The Maine goalie is awesome but you are correct CP matched the effort tonight 👍.
      Cheap shots are just part of playing Maine. You have to just accept it. It’s gonna happen sometime along the game. I was at Friday’s game and thought for a Maine team they acted rather tame. Awesome 4 point weekend. I’m sure I’m just as curious as many of you are to what UNH looks like this year. Are they really rebuilding the program up there or will they remain the same old team. I would honestly like either Maine or UNH to start competing for a top 3 finish.
      These are good times to be a Husky Dawg!!!!

Comment

• Re: Northeastern Huskies 2019-20: Reloaded...and Still in Love with Stacy's Mom

Thought this was the best weekend of the year. Last night was definitely more physical which favors Maine but Pantano was a rock, we got some secondary scoring from the freshmen (excellent shot by Struble on his goal), and they proved that their depth can overcome these one-line teams in the conference. Only one PPG allowed this weekend, the PK has been outstanding this season. Continue to be impressed by the freshmen and the maturity some of them play with, notably Kesselring, Bucheler, McDonough, and Walsh. Struble is a physical force too, he'd make Greg Cronin proud with how physical he plays and some of the hits he puts on. And man, that play by Shea to get the puck to Solow, it looked like Jeremy Davies was back at Northeastern!

Really feeling good after this weekend. Realistically, there is maybe one more game this calendar year that the Huskies shouldn't be the favored team in, and that's @ BU. But they have a decent chance at running the table the rest of the semester- UNH, another ECAC team, BU, Dartmouth. UNH is improved this year it seems, and BU is once again quite top heavy, but now that they are through the gauntlet part of the semester, I feel good about how we look going into Christmas
        "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by NU_Husky View Post
          Thought this was the best weekend of the year. Last night was definitely more physical which favors Maine but Pantano was a rock, we got some secondary scoring from the freshmen (excellent shot by Struble on his goal), and they proved that their depth can overcome these one-line teams in the conference. Only one PPG allowed this weekend, the PK has been outstanding this season. Continue to be impressed by the freshmen and the maturity some of them play with, notably Kesselring, Bucheler, McDonough, and Walsh. Struble is a physical force too, he'd make Greg Cronin proud with how physical he plays and some of the hits he puts on. And man, that play by Shea to get the puck to Solow, it looked like Jeremy Davies was back at Northeastern!

Really feeling good after this weekend. Realistically, there is maybe one more game this calendar year that the Huskies shouldn't be the favored team in, and that's @ BU. But they have a decent chance at running the table the rest of the semester- UNH, another ECAC team, BU, Dartmouth. UNH is improved this year it seems, and BU is once again quite top heavy, but now that they are through the gauntlet part of the semester, I feel good about how we look going into Christmas

+1

just don’t underestimate UNH. They are refreshingly strong & compete every game. All the best to the teams over in Europe. What an opportunity once again. Safe travels and as always,
          Go Huskies
          GO NU HOCKEY
          Always bullish on the future.
          We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by NU_Husky View Post
            Thought this was the best weekend of the year....Continue to be impressed by the freshmen and the maturity some of them play with, notably Kesselring, Bucheler, McDonough, and Walsh. Struble is a physical force too...
            Can't disagree with any of that. And, it's especially gratifying to see the GF and shot totals heading upward while the GA stays low. It must be terrifying for opponents to realize that the emerging core of this team (including those named above) are freshmen. If they and others stick around for a couple of years, and get joined by what's in the pipeline, NU hockey could be very, very special.

Not quite sure what to make of UNH. So far, they're averaging 2.50 on both the GF and GA sides of the ledger in 12 games. Goaltender Mike Robinson is no Jeremy Swayman (IMO) but he's not chopped liver, either. NU is showing 2.86 GF and 2.14 GA in 14 games. And Craig Pantano has been a rock. So I think I have a warm and fuzzy feeling going into next week (would be warmer and fuzzier if Bucheler plays) but realize that UNH is showing improvement and can't be taken lightly.

Will be hopping the pond on Thanksgiving night and looking forward to seeing this team in person for the first time next weekend. If nothing else, it's the first opportunity of the year to pick up some hardware. If anyone else is making the trip, meet me at Rockies (the Mother of All Hockey Bars) conveniently located on the ground floor of the SSE Arena.
            Last edited by Split-N; 11-24-2019, 07:38 PM.
            "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

• The Friendship Four Finals will be shown from across the pond, Saturday 2 pm on NesnPlus.

That’s good news for fans back home of schools that make it.
              Sincerely hope Northeastern Huskies are part of the finals. All the best once again.
              Happy Thanksgiving all

edit: NESN just mentioning during Bruins boadcast; will also show prelims - 10am NU-UNH, 2PM Princeton-Colgate both on NESN, Friday.
              Last edited by northeastern; 11-26-2019, 08:01 PM.
              GO NU HOCKEY
              We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
                edit: NESN just mentioning during Bruins boadcast; will also show prelims - 10am NU-UNH, 2PM Princeton-Colgate both on NESN, Friday.
                Black Friday hockey feast with NU at 10 AM and B's at 1 PM...great stuff

The UNH game counts as a conference game so its a big one...NU can take over 1st with a win
                Last edited by Thiessen'sBetter; 11-27-2019, 09:49 AM.

Comment

• Btw, (off topic) this directed at the NU hockey tix operations folks so pls pay attention:

Going to the Maine gms as a group (was me + three more of us) we bought the $22 premium tix for the rest. Anyway for party of 4 would be $88 for tix plus everything else after... and this discussion been going on in other team threads as well far as low attendance woes continuing in the college gms, anyway far as NU hockey please try this -

lower ticket prices for the games;
                  raise the concession prices.

you’ll have more folks in the seats and the gm atmosphere will be that much better. Something to ponder for future seasons/ remaining half of the this season while the team is overseas.

Have a good holiday, everyone.
                  GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

It's crazy that no matter how many or how few people are in the stands, the Varsity Club is absolutely packed between periods. It's awesome that fans are allowed to go into the VC but often times with the long-lines and limited resources people aren't back into their seats until 5 or 10 minutes into the next period. If Matthews sold beer/wine that you could bring to your seat and enjoy during the game I think that would help the atmosphere, simply because people would actually be in their seats and not in the VC.

Comment

• Nice W across the pond !

Well played Captain Shea & team.
                      G’luck tomorrow, Go NU
                      GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Total domination in all phases of the game. The arena appropriately piped in "Stacy's Mom" at the end of the game.

Now to pickup some hardware tomorrow night.
                        "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Well that may have been one of their best games this season. Seldom do you find me up early the day after Thanksgiving but I think we are stating to GEL!

I am not so sure UNH is a very good team but we looked awesome today especially in Transition and pretty much stayed out of the box there were like 3 or 4 NU penalties and one drew the UNH player at the same time so we only skated a man down for 6 mins. We had been a little undisciplined early in the season but I think the frustration of learning a new system and playing with new line mates had been dissipating early in the season, but that has improved drastically these last few weeks.

Anyway, we need some quality wins after the break because our Pairwise sucks at 22. Mostly it seems our issue is based on SOS to date. However looking at the standings HE nay may realistically only send one or two teams to the ice dance this year.

I know I have been a snake bitten NU fan and as a result its been 35 years of seeing the glass as half empty. However, my attitude is starting to change this pm we sit atop the HE standings. We have blue chip recruits who now actually pick us over both BC and BU with consistency. and we have drafted players in the wings.

Huskies are now skating all over the pros from the NHL and AHL thru Europe and doing so more than adequately. Finally, if you wind up as a student athlete on Huntington Ave, you get a very valuable NU degree from a top 40 National University.

This has arguably been the most successful 4 or 5 year span in the history of the program and I truly believe this tend is going to continue. I just wish the stands at Matthews were filled on occasion.
                          Last edited by RossiRules; 11-29-2019, 01:48 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by RossiRules View Post
                            Well that may have been one of their best games this season. Seldom do you find me up early the day after Thanksgiving but I think we are stating to GEL! I am not so sure UNH is a very good team but we looked awesome today especially in Transition and pretty much stayed out of the box there were like 3 or 4 NU penalties and one drew the UNH player at the same time so we only skated a man down for 6 mins. We had been a little undisciplined early in the season but I think the frustration of learning a new system and playing with new line mates has been dissipating these last few weeks. Anyway we need some quality wins after the break because our Pairwise sucks at 22. Mostly based on SOS, however HE may realistically only send one or two teams to the ice dance this year. Anyway, I know I have been a snake bitten NU fan and as a result its been 35 years of seeing the glass as half empty. However my attitude is starting to change this pm we sit atop the HE standings. We have blue chip recruits who may l actually pick us over both BC and BU, and we have drafted players in the wings and kids Huskies skating all over the pros from the NHL to Europe and doing so more than adequately. Finally, if you wind up as a student athlete you get a very valuable NU degree from a top 40 National University. This has arguably been the most successful 4 or 5 year span in the history of the program and I truly believe this tend is going to continue. I just wish the stands at Matthews were filled on occasion.
                            Looking forward to more NU-Bentley games. :-)

Comment

• also very happy for Pantano pitching the shutout. granted he didn’t see all that much... but early, made the saves that were needed. glad we got him when we did and post primeau, has been mostly reliable. win or lose tomorrow, good memories & fun experience for him, I am sure.

#catchthebattleaxe
                              GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
                                also very happy for Pantano pitching the shutout. granted he didn’t see all that much... but early, made the saves that were needed. glad we got him when we did and post primeau, has been mostly reliable. win or lose tomorrow, good memories & fun experience for him, I am sure.

#catchthebattleaxe
                                Do not underestimate Colgate. They are better than their record indicates.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                                -Blackadder
                                "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                                -Casablanca
                                "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                                -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Working...
                                X