No announcement yet.

Northeastern Huskies 2019-20: Reloaded...and Still in Love with Stacy's Mom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northeastern Huskies 2019-20: Reloaded...and Still in Love with Stacy's Mom

Filipe back in tonight.
    2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
    2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

• Re: Northeastern Huskies 2019-20: Reloaded...and Still in Love with Stacy's Mom

NU getting out skated and totally dominated here at the barn. Not really as close as the score indicates. BC a force in all 3 zones and is much faster and physical. Only nod is to CP between the pipes who could see 50 shots.

Comment

• d misses struble . pp misses madden. going about as expected tonight. really not a surprise as bc is executing in all facets.
        GO NU HOCKEY
        Always bullish on the future.
        We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by RossiRules View Post
          NU getting out skated and totally dominated here at the barn. Not really as close as the score indicates. BC a force in all 3 zones and is much faster and physical. Only nod is to CP between the pipes who could see 50 shots.
          Also horrible calls Murphy needs a beating.

Comment

• Originally posted by northeastern View Post
            d misses struble . pp misses madden. going about as expected tonight. really not a surprise as bc is executing in all facets.
            Agree 200%

Comment

First period was very even. Then BC upped their level of play in the 2nd and for whatever reason NU couldn't match it. I'd say this one's over but I'm done doubting this team so let's see if they can make it interesting in the 3rd.

Comment

3rd was pretty even as well, it was encouraging to see them bounce back and play well. One really really bad period doomed them tonight. If they play a full 60 tomorrow they'll have every chance to take something out of the game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post
                  3rd was pretty even as well, it was encouraging to see them bounce back and play well. One really really bad period doomed them tonight. If they play a full 60 tomorrow they'll have every chance to take something out of the game.
                  Agree they actually looked great the last 10 mins. I thought they had a few bad calls. I was right on that goal. We hit the cross bar and really could have tied this. Good effort one bad period. BC kind of was gassed in the 3rd. We still need some HE points down the line.

Comment

Originally posted by RossiRules View Post
                    Agree they actually looked great the last 10 mins. I thought they had a few bad calls. I was right on that goal. We hit the cross bar and really could have tied this. Good effort one bad period. BC kind of was gassed in the 3rd. We still need some HE points down the line.
                    This BC team is really good, no shame in losing to them, esp shorthanded. Like I have been saying for a month, that home UConn loss is going to be a killer. Need to somehow find a way to get something out of tonight

Comment

A this juncture this season - not going to comment which way or what - one way or the other. They have had a ride without a lot of depth.
                      It is what it is. The stable goaltending landed our way otherwise wouldn't have much (if any), hardware either.

They've done what they've done and anything else from here on out, heck why not. And if not, that's fine as well.
                      That's the way I look at it. BC & Maine could make some noise post season for H.E & hopefully garner some hardware - who knows. heck even that may not be a given. All I know is my team has had a lot of fun already without pre season expectations or depth on the bench. Haters gonna hate, but the kids have made a season out of it.
                      GO NU HOCKEY
                      We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Barring early departures, I agree that next year is the year but this team is still really solid. It'd be disappointing to be 9th in the PWR on 2/20 and not make the NCAA tournament. Big one tonight.

Comment

NU can play with anyone in the conference, other than BC. This is the ugliest NU game in years. They are on a whole different level with Newhook and Boldy coming into their own.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post
                            NU can play with anyone in the conference, other than BC. This is the ugliest NU game in years. They are on a whole different level with Newhook and Boldy coming into their own.
                            don’t sweat it. (they aren’t)
                            you shouldn’t, either.
                            GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Just my opinion but despite a territorial edge, NU had time to ease into the game at 1-0. Pantano probably wants the next two goals back and that was basically it.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                                Just my opinion but despite a territorial edge, NU had time to ease into the game at 1-0. Pantano probably wants the next two goals back and that was basically it.
                                What just happened.

Comment

Working...
                                X