No announcement yet.

Northeastern Huskies 2019-20: Reloaded...and Still in Love with Stacy's Mom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northeastern Huskies 2019-20: Reloaded...and Still in Love with Stacy's Mom

Hope the boys are sobered up and ready to go tonight. Every game is huge for PWR and HE standings from this point out, and Lowell is similar to us in both. I actually like playing at home the 2nd game of the home and home, pressure is on them in the first game to hold serve, we can play loose and try to steal the game on the road. Hopefully 17 is back.
    2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
    2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

• Re: Northeastern Huskies 2019-20: Reloaded...and Still in Love with Stacy's Mom

Originally posted by Split-N View Post
      From what I can see on vid clips of the on-ice Beanpot celebration: All of Matt Filipe's appendages seemed to be in good working order so I have to think concussion--impossible to guess on when he's back; one guy (looked like Walsh) with his right wing in a sling--not a good sign; Struble on crutches with a cast on his left ankle--probably out for the year unless they make a deep playoff run.

BTW, the video of Struble hippity hopping across the ice on one leg with crutches in the air says everything about why the Beanpot is so freaking special. (Folks in MTL must have been cringing)
      Talk around the rink Monday night was Filpe has a concussion.

Comment

Originally posted by JerryP66 View Post
        Talk around the rink Monday night was Filpe has a concussion.
        Not in the lineup tonight @ UML
        "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

• Any thoughts by anyone who saw/ heard the gm last night from a fan’s perspective, much appreciated.

Reading the box, looks like D & goaltending were solid again, allowing the forwards to do their job. UML will look for payback tonight, hopefully team can play with discipline and are ready for it. Nice job Huskies.
          GO NU HOCKEY
          Always bullish on the future.
          We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Split-N View Post
            From what I can see on vid clips of the on-ice Beanpot celebration: All of Matt Filipe's appendages seemed to be in good working order so I have to think concussion--impossible to guess on when he's back; one guy (looked like Walsh) with his right wing in a sling--not a good sign; Struble on crutches with a cast on his left ankle--probably out for the year unless they make a deep playoff run....
            Update based on NU official announcement: Filipe day-to-day; Struble out for the season. No word on Walsh.

Comment

Wow Madden is out 4-6 weeks ***

Comment

Filipe, Struble....now Madden. Time for some heretofore eclipsed stars to shine.

Comment

• Originally posted by Split-N View Post
                  Filipe, Struble....now Madden. Time for some heretofore eclipsed stars to shine.
                  just insane...

which makes tonight’s win & the 4 point wknd that much impressive.

big test vs bc coming up & points will be that much harder to come by given our roster losses & opponent playing very well.
                  Anyway, that’s for nxt week.
                  Good wknd this wknd & cheers to the Huskies!
                  GO NU HOCKEY
                  Always bullish on the future.
                  We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by Liveatjrl View Post
                    Wow Madden is out 4-6 weeks ***
                    What happened to Madden? I was at the game last night and he was out on the ice for the whole game.
                    "We just didn't get the lucky bounces..."

Comment

Originally posted by Motorboaters View Post
                      What happened to Madden? I was at the game last night and he was out on the ice for the whole game.
                      He broke his finger while on the ice defending the puck - happened towards the end of the game

Comment

Originally posted by Motorboaters View Post
                        Broken finger after blocking a slap shot at the end of Friday's game. He immediately grabbed his left wrist/hand, but did finish the period including winning a big late faceoff.

Huge win. huge huge huge. Still with 2 games in hand on most of the conference. The BC series is massive of course, and without Madden it's an even bigger challenge. Can't understate how big this sweep was, though
                        "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

5 more wins pretty much gets us into the NCAAs. 3-3-0 plus a playoff series win would do it. Probably 2-3-1 and a playoff series win would do it.

This injury situation is brutal, but the players really showed some heart this past week.

Comment

Originally posted by njdevscup30 View Post
                            Probably 2-3-1 and a playoff series win would do it..
                            isn't it only top 8 teams make hea playoffs? 2-3-1 may leave a team 9th and you won't see a playoff series (or any of the teams bunched up now). hard to guess who, but some team will stumble now and be left out. funny to think bu's games vs UConn are brutally important right now, cause if the boys lose these it is not like the last 3 vs your boys and bc will be any easier. have to finish up over .500 for a shot at top 8
                            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Wow 4 to 6 is pretty much done for the season and NCAAs isn't it ? That seems like a long time..in the NHL at playoff time you might be wrapped and expected to play. Madden will be missed. I assume he needed a surgical repair

Comment

• Originally posted by RossiRules View Post
                                Wow 4 to 6 is pretty much done for the season and NCAAs isn't it ? That seems like a long time..in the NHL at playoff time you might be wrapped and expected to play. Madden will be missed. I assume he needed a surgical repair
                                In the NHL they’re also compensated pretty well...
                                #NewMass

Comment

Working...
                                X