No announcement yet.

Northeastern Huskies 2019-20: Reloaded...and Still in Love with Stacy's Mom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northeastern Huskies 2019-20: Reloaded...and Still in Love with Stacy's Mom

Any word on the injured D men?

Comment

• Re: Northeastern Huskies 2019-20: Reloaded...and Still in Love with Stacy's Mom

Originally posted by FLHockeyMom View Post
      I read the most recent blog article that cites the defensive corps injuries and have the very same question re. Villella (well, I can't confirm his level of play other than to say that he played fairly regularly as a frosh). Could they both be injured?
      I. too, been wondering about the status of these gentlemen. Goldstein was showing improvement after he returned from a broken wrist(?) and Villela showed potential. I would have expected him to play ahead of Carrabino or Murphy. I will poke around a bit, but with the team and coaches scattered for the next two weeks, I won't hold my breath.

Jerry,
      So many rules have been put in place to protect the players' privacy that the coaches practically deny even knowing the players when they are injured. The most you can get is "upper body injury" or something similar unless some has broken his leg in front of a game crowd. Occasionally, someone source goes out on a limb by saying, "He should be back sometime before ….graduation".
      Perhaps in a place like Grand Forks or Orono, where the local college team is the biggest (only) game in the area code, the story gets leaked out along with a bunch of other things that should never leave the locker room. Not so in Boston!
      Last edited by HHound; 12-18-2019, 03:52 PM.

Comment

It turns out that Mr. Goldstein played in pain for much of last season due to a nagging injury that apparently didn't heal properly. He underwent surgery to correct the problem. Since half the season is gone, it has been decided to that he will "redshirt" this season and return next year as a R-junior. Hopefully he uses this year to add some muscle, which will help him next year in the role of "disruptor" where his speed is most useful. OTOH, Mr. Villela's absence has been a coach's decision.

Expect to see some or all of the injured D corps on the ice in early January. As for Pantano, the feeling is that he has played very well, even in the game vs. bu. He gave up a couple of softies against Dartmouth, but overall the guys seem to have the kind of confidence in him that allows them to play the speed game that they prefer. I'd give him an A- if I were handing out the mid-term grades.

TMM are you compiling the rankings?

The matter of the next goalie recruit is being attended to.

Happy Chanukah and then a Merry Christmas to all.

Comment

Originally posted by HHound View Post
          It turns out that Mr. Goldstein played in pain for much of last season due to a nagging injury that apparently didn't heal properly. He underwent surgery to correct the problem. Since half the season is gone, it has been decided to that he will "redshirt" this season and return next year as a R-junior. Hopefully he uses this year to add some muscle, which will help him next year in the role of "disruptor" where his speed is most useful. OTOH, Mr. Villela's absence has been a coach's decision.

Expect to see some or all of the injured D corps on the ice in early January. As for Pantano, the feeling is that he has played very well, even in the game vs. bu. He gave up a couple of softies against Dartmouth, but overall the guys seem to have the kind of confidence in him that allows them to play the speed game that they prefer. I'd give him an A- if I were handing out the mid-term grades.

TMM are you compiling the rankings?

The matter of the next goalie recruit is being attended to.

Happy Chanukah and then a Merry Christmas to all.
          Thanks for following up, HHound. Obviously you're not at liberty to share how Villella got sideways on the depth chart, but surely he must be considered a transfer risk at this point, even though he's too old to go back to the USHL for game experience.

As for a goalie recruit, one candidate could be Thomas Gale who recently decommitted from Dartmouth. Both he and Scarpa went to the same prep school.

Comment

Originally posted by FLHockeyMom View Post
            Thanks for following up, HHound. Obviously you're not at liberty to share how Villella got sideways on the depth chart, but surely he must be considered a transfer risk at this point, even though he's too old to go back to the USHL for game experience.

As for a goalie recruit, one candidate could be Thomas Gale who recently decommitted from Dartmouth. Both he and Scarpa went to the same prep school.
            It seems to me that I read somewhere that bu is interested in him. They lose their Yalie and there backups haven't shown that they can be play at the D1 level consistently. bu may wish to bring him in after Chriistmas. I recall, perhaps five years ago, when BC had several goalie injuries, they also brought in a boy (Milosz?) from the Jr. Bruins. He played one or two games until the primary goalie returned - and I never heard of him playing again for the next 3+ years. I hope he parlayed his scholarship into a useful education and degree.

Comment

• Originally posted by HHound View Post
              It seems to me that I read somewhere that bu is interested in him. They lose their Yalie and there backups haven't shown that they can be play at the D1 level consistently. bu may wish to bring him in after Chriistmas. I recall, perhaps five years ago, when BC had several goalie injuries, they also brought in a boy (Milosz?) from the Jr. Bruins. He played one or two games until the primary goalie returned - and I never heard of him playing again for the next 3+ years. I hope he parlayed his scholarship into a useful education and degree.
              Purpura came midseason last year

Milosz was as described except BC. Believe he’s with Worcester ECHL now
              Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

Originally posted by HHound View Post
                Per Jeff Cox, BU decided on the goalie from the AJHL and passed on Gale. So Gale may still be available for next fall, unless I misunderstood what you meant by "The matter of the next goalie recruit is being attended to."

https://***********/JeffCoxSports/st...38450214084608

Comment

• Jordan Harris makes the 2020 WJC roster.
                  Congrats to him and NU & all the best to the team.
                  GO NU HOCKEY
                  Always bullish on the future.
                  We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Merry Christmas
                    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                      Merry Christmas
                      Feliz Navidad y'all
                      GO NU HOCKEY
                      We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

The merriest of Christmases and the happiest of New Years to all the denizens of this board. Even Mr. Mookie
                        "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Hope Harris & Keefer are back in tonight vs UConn; if not... hopefully for Monday's gm against our 'kryptonite' for sure.
                          Go Huskies
                          GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
                            Hope Harris & Keefer are back in tonight vs UConn; if not... hopefully for Monday's gm against our 'kryptonite' for sure.
                            Go Huskies
                            I'll be shocked if they are as I would assume they'd get home sometime this evening / tonight. They'll probably be back for the Bentley game.

Comment

Originally posted by Liveatjrl View Post
                              I'll be shocked if they are as I would assume they'd get home sometime this evening / tonight. They'll probably be back for the Bentley game.
                              Agree. Even if they were able to hop the pond overnight they'd be seriously jet-lagged. Not a big issue for JK but playing Harris would probably not be a good idea.
                              "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Originally posted by Split-N View Post
                                Agree. Even if they were able to hop the pond overnight they'd be seriously jet-lagged. Not a big issue for JK but playing Harris would probably not be a good idea.
                                yeah... makes sense.
                                I sincerely hope our luck changes at the XL Ctr tonight. Games after long layover (UConn having played Ledyard Classic over the holidays), can be a boon or not so much for team with the layover.
                                Go NU!
                                GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Working...
                                X