No announcement yet.

Northeastern Huskies 2019-20: Reloaded...and Still in Love with Stacy's Mom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northeastern Huskies 2019-20: Reloaded...and Still in Love with Stacy's Mom

Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
    If there is no season, will the waiver carry over?
    I should think it would. He has a waiver to allow him another season - not another year,

Comment

• Re: Northeastern Huskies 2019-20: Reloaded...and Still in Love with Stacy's Mom

From the BC thread (from yesterday).. sounds good if it does happen.

Originally posted by BC/HE View Post
      If there is a next season it may start just after New Years up in Hanover, NH. BC, Northeastern and Miami reportedly joining Dartmouth for the Ledyard Classic. BC likely to play both Miami and Dartmouth as it is a scheduled two game tournament not a winner vs. winner second night. Good option in these times with minimal travel for a tournament.
      GO NU HOCKEY
      Always bullish on the future.
      We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by northeastern View Post
        From the BC thread (from yesterday).. sounds good if it does happen.
        That is a nice little tournament. Hanover is a neat town. Hope you guys get some lite snow as well for walking around town.
        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by northeastern View Post
          I’d love to see Wade back and/ or ‘live’ hockey at Matthews or anywhere.........

I suspect that’ll pack the house as well 😮 😊

#UntilTomorrow
          Well maybe someone on this board knows the right people to relay the message to. If you know coach tell him fans want Wade to be invited back to Matthews. We need to start doing more of these things as a program.
          These are good times to be a Husky Dawg!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tilldog40 View Post
            Well maybe someone on this board knows the right people to relay the message to. If you know coach tell him fans want Wade to be invited back to Matthews. We need to start doing more of these things as a program.
            Jeff Konya is hosting a Zoom meeting for the Diehard Dogs community tomorrow. I'll bring this up. Bear in mind that nobody knows for sure how much of a season we'll have or, if there is one, whether or not there would be any spectators present to honor Wade and cheer the team.
            Last edited by Split-N; 04-29-2020, 10:39 AM.
            "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Originally posted by Split-N View Post
              Jeff Konya is hosting a Zoom meeting for the Diehard Dogs community tomorrow. I'll bring this up. Bear in mind that nobody knows for sure how much of a season we'll have or, if there is one, whether or not there would be any spectators present to honor Wade and cheer the team.
              This is awesome. Please share any news Konya gives out in the meeting!

Comment

Originally posted by Liveatjrl View Post
                This is awesome. Please share any news Konya gives out in the meeting!
                Might be worth your while to join. I think it's $29/yr (less if you're a student or recent grad). The AD has his own Q&A thread, which is fairly informative.

Comment

• Originally posted by Split-N View Post
                  Thank you.
                  These are good times to be a Husky Dawg!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Liveatjrl View Post
                    ...Please share any news Konya gives out in the meeting!
                    The most significant thing was his view that varsity sports will not resume until students are back on campus. Specifically, he said that NU would obviously follow government and NCAA policies/guidance but he would find it difficult to explain how it would be OK to expose one group of students to the close quarters of locker rooms and training facilities while not exposing others to classrooms, labs, and dorm rooms. Hard to argue with that.

Notwithstanding the public health situation, he expressed high confidence that NU hockey is in a good place on both the men's and women's sides.

BTW, there was no opportunity to raise the Wade MacLeod idea but this can be done by other means.

Comment

Prospect/recruit fans- an update from the USHL Draft http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/ge...-northeastern/
                      "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

Northeastern will have students on campus in the fall, (though not business as usual).

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2020/05/...flow%3Atwitter

Comment

Originally posted by NU_Husky View Post
                          Prospect/recruit fans- an update from the USHL Draft https://northeasternhockeyblog.com/g...-northeastern/
                          thank you for that write up. good stuff.
                          can't wait to see Teleguine at NU whenever they decide bring him in & (nearer term), looking forward to our new goalie recruit as well.

The joy of live hockey.. will never take it for granted again. Go Huskies!
                          GO NU HOCKEY
                          Always bullish on the future.
                          We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

NESN has showed a bunch of beanpots and hockey east championships over the past month or so. I have yet to see the 1988 Hockey East championship of the 1980 beanpot. Has anyone seen those?

Comment

Originally posted by JerryP66 View Post
                              NESN has showed a bunch of beanpots and hockey east championships over the past month or so. I have yet to see the 1988 Hockey East championship of the 1980 beanpot. Has anyone seen those?
                              The 1988 championship game vs BU was one of the first they showed after live competition stopped. Even though I was at the garden for that game, I still found myself on the edge of my seat watching the 1988 game unfold once again. Mike Sullivan (now PGH HC) and Joe Sacco (now B's AC) were playing for the ratdogs.

Comment

Originally posted by Split-N View Post
                                The 1988 championship game vs BU was one of the first they showed after live competition stopped. Even though I was at the garden for that game, I still found myself on the edge of my seat watching the 1988 game unfold once again. Mike Sullivan (now PGH HC) and Joe Sacco (now B's AC) were playing for the ratdogs.
                                I believe the 1988 HEA championship game was played against Maine, the regular season winner and heavy favorite. You were referring to the 1988 Beanpot game vs, bu. We won it, and began our 30 year wandering in the desert.
                                I had responsibilities on that weekday evening that caused me to miss the HEA championship game. I don’t recall that it was televised, because I would have taped it. I’m still bummed. If there is a recording available, I would love to be able to access it.
                                Last edited by Ryecheers; 05-10-2020, 07:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X