No announcement yet.

Northeastern Huskies 2019-20: Reloaded...and Still in Love with Stacy's Mom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northeastern Huskies 2019-20: Reloaded...and Still in Love with Stacy's Mom

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
    you lost me right there. to each his own.
    With all due respect, I think you're taking things way too personally. The individual in question likes to stir the pot but his comments are generally tongue-in-cheek and nothing more than the typical throwdowns between fanbases (especially when local rivalries are involved) that help make college sports unique. It's jabs and jibes....nothing more.

Sometimes, ya just gotta laugh.
    Last edited by Split-N; 02-05-2020, 04:46 PM.
    "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

• Re: Northeastern Huskies 2019-20: Reloaded...and Still in Love with Stacy's Mom

Enough negativity sometimes the better team loses the same is true in Life. Your results are not garunteed. I agree with you all but really we are 2 OT losses out of bring in 1st place. I think BU has the gas but we could win especially if CP has a great night between the pipes. I need another ticket and with fees looking at $120 seems steep.

Comment

Originally posted by RossiRules View Post
        Enough negativity sometimes the better team loses the same is true in Life. Your results are not garunteed. I agree with you all but really we are 2 OT losses out of bring in 1st place. I think BU has the gas but we could win especially if CP has a great night between the pipes. I need another ticket and with fees looking at $120 seems steep.
        You can get a better deal from an outdoor ticket dealer, a.k.a. the scalper at his Causeway St. suite of offices.

Comment

tall order against a excellent Maine team tonight. All the best & Go Huskies!
          GO NU HOCKEY
          Always bullish on the future.
          We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

tall order against a excellent Maine team tonight. All the best & Go Huskies!
            I really hope they are not looking past tonight. This is a very big road game. Schedule maker doing them no favors having them go to Maine for in between beanpot weeks. BU at home with Merrimack, BC at home with Lowell. Harvard on road at Dartmouth.

Comment

• Originally posted by JerryP66 View Post
              I really hope they are not looking past tonight. This is a very big road game. Schedule maker doing them no favors having them go to Maine for in between beanpot weeks. BU at home with Merrimack, BC at home with Lowell. Harvard on road at Dartmouth.
              Hoping getting outside the Beanpot hype will actually help. Not much to do in Maine but focus on winning a big game. Let's go
              2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
              2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

So far 1-1, NU a quick PPG in the 1st, Maine with a PPG in the 2nd. For the most part very choppy. SOG Maine 16-10.
                Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American people.
                —H. L. Mencken

Comment

• I am not able to listen or watch tonight, but pulling up the stats real quick while driving (okay while stopped), I see we can’t seem to stay out of the box. Maine’s 1st G was a PP. then I see Tyler Madden with a 10:00 misconduct penalty??.
                  Not sure when that happened & I see Maine with a even strength tail end of 2nd to go up 1-2. Hope they can muster a strong 3rd. The Harvard gm was not impressive & they need a good gm one of these days.
                  GO NU HOCKEY
                  We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

I am not able to listen or watch tonight, but pulling up the stats real quick while driving (okay while stopped), I see we can’t seem to stay out of the box. Maine’s 1st G was a PP. then I see Tyler Madden with a 10:00 misconduct penalty??.
                    Not sure when that happened & I see Maine with a even strength tail end of 2nd to go up 1-2. Hope they can muster a strong 3rd. The Harvard gm was not impressive & they need a good gm one of these days.
                    can confirm, some sort of scrap with a Maine player near the end of the 1st. Still 2-1 Maine.
                    Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American people.
                    —H. L. Mencken

Comment

Undisciplined all night. Major from Lerario was selfish and effectively ended the game.

Also, Filipe and Struble injuries are massive. Hard to love our chances going forward if those two are out for an extended period of time.
                      Last edited by Thiessen'sBetter; 02-07-2020, 09:14 PM.

Comment

• Tough outing.

Barring some (continued) miraculous goaltending; & solid leadership down the stretch, this season will prob end up being how we thought it would be .. plus/minus 5 wins.
                        GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

• Originally posted by northeastern View Post
                          Barring some (continued) miraculous goaltending; & solid leadership down the stretch, this season will prob end up being how we thought it would be .. plus/minus 5 wins.
                          Still lots to play for: a Beanpot championship, an NCAA tourney bid and Hockey East seeding. Before the season, I'd have signed up for 15-8-2 and 12th in the PWR on February 7th. I think they're good, not great, but good not great teams win trophies all the time in hockey. (The 2019 St Louis Blues )

Comment

Originally posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post
                            I think they're good, not great..
                            this much I will agree with you on.
                            any other (positive) surprises, will be no complaints here.
                            GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

When did Filpe get hurt? Do we know what happened? He was on the ice when Shea scored the empty netter Monday night. How bad is strubble injury?

Comment

• Originally posted by JerryP66 View Post
                                When did Filpe get hurt? Do we know what happened? He was on the ice when Shea scored the empty netter Monday night. How bad is strubble injury?
                                Unbelievable Maine could win.

Comment

Working...
                                X