No announcement yet.

Northeastern Huskies 2019-20: Reloaded...and Still in Love with Stacy's Mom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northeastern Huskies 2019-20: Reloaded...and Still in Love with Stacy's Mom

those of you (NU faithful) wanting another cup of coffee, but unable to get to just yet, i found this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLbqAiI7u4E

GO NU HOCKEY
    Always bullish on the future.
    We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

• Re: Northeastern Huskies 2019-20: Reloaded...and Still in Love with Stacy's Mom

Congrats on the Beanpot 3-peat. I noticed the title for your season thread included "Stacy's Mom". I thought I heard fans singing that song a capella on the NESN broadcast last night. Is that some sort of tradition at Northeastern akin to Sweet Caroline at Fenway Park?
      Colgate '09

Comment

Originally posted by Rainman View Post
        Congrats on the Beanpot 3-peat. I noticed the title for your season thread included "Stacy's Mom". I thought I heard fans singing that song a capella on the NESN broadcast last night. Is that some sort of tradition at Northeastern akin to Sweet Caroline at Fenway Park?
        It's the unofficial "Anthem" of the NU undergrad student body. Played at the end of every game.

(https://news.northeastern.edu/2019/0...ficial-anthem/)
        Last edited by Split-N; 02-13-2020, 01:19 PM.
        "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Yes. It is very much on par with Sweet Caroline!

Comment

Quite possibly the second biggest emotional roller coaster of a game that I've ever been at, only surpassed by the negative emotions of 2015.

For the first time ever, BU and BC will graduate senior classes without having won a Beanpot championship. That's insane.

Just win, baby. Just win
            "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

Congrats. Sometimes the rough end of regulation in a game like this makes for a sweeter win in OT.
              Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
              The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                Congrats. Sometimes the rough end of regulation in a game like this makes for a sweeter win in OT.
                Well said!

Comment

Underrated Beanpot stat for today.

Since the 2012 Beanpot (Jim's first), Northeastern has played in 6 Beanpot finals, tied with BU for the most in that span. BC has 5. Harvard has 1. Perhaps more impressive, is that no team has finished 4th fewer times than the Huskies (once, 2012). BC has 2 fourth place finishes, Harvard has 3, BU has 4.

That is another testament to the staff for the culture they created since getting here. Long the doormat of the tournament, these Huskies don't roll over anymore (pun intended). Keep getting enough tickets to the championship round, and eventually they'll get punched and cashed. However when they don't advance, Madigan still gets them up and ready to play and win the next week in the consolation. Impressive stat.
                  "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

• what a great gm over on Comm Ave tonight. Great crowd to boot, almost 2 K.
                    too bad one team had to lose.
                    I’m liking these late comebacks by the opposition; then thrilling victory by the good guys. just a good streak right now.

In all seriousness, Terriers played a great gm & just goes to show, very difficult to beat a team three, four times in a row - but the ladies got it done in OT, 4-3

Congrats Lady Huskies on your Beanpot tonight. Great gm!
                    Go NU (congrats to Dave Flint & the team)
                    GO NU HOCKEY
                    Always bullish on the future.
                    We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
                      what a great gm over on Comm Ave tonight. Great crowd to boot, almost 2 K.
                      too bad one team had to lose.
                      I’m liking these late comebacks by the opposition; then thrilling victory by the good guys. just a good streak right now.

In all seriousness, Terriers played a great gm & just goes to show, very difficult to beat a team three, four times in a row - but the ladies got it done in OT, 4-3

Congrats Lady Huskies on your Beanpot tonight. Great gm!
                      Go NU (congrats to Dave Flint & the team)
                      It was hard enough to beat bu four times. Odds are good that we’ll have to do it again in the league playoff and just maybe in the NCAAs. That will be challenging!
                      We
                      This was a great and competitive game. A delight to watch despite very limited camera work by NESN. The bu goalie had a terrific game to give her team a chance to win.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryecheers View Post
                        It was hard enough to beat bu four times. Odds are good that we’ll have to do it again in the league playoff and just maybe in the NCAAs. That will be challenging!
                        We
                        This was a great and competitive game. A delight to watch despite very limited camera work by NESN. The bu goalie had a terrific game to give her team a chance to win.
                        I tried watching on TV but the camera work gave me a headache and I turned it off after 1. What a shame, the ladies deserve better production than that

Comment

Originally posted by walrus655321 View Post
                          I tried watching on TV but the camera work gave me a headache and I turned it off after 1. What a shame, the ladies deserve better production than that
                          That's a shame. You missed a war. Fontaine was tossed in the middle of P2. bu tied the game, with their goalie in repose, with ~20 seconds left. Deja Vu? Once again, their records will show a tie. No Winner? You couldn't convince the ladies of that as they skated around with the cup.

Comment

Awesome win Monday night. 2 questions, what happened to Walsh? Was he the guy on the ice in a sling? I saw a girl in the stands wearing a Goldstein shirt, what the hell happened to him? He scored the OT winner in game 1 of Qtr finals last year, played a ton as a freshman. He hasn't stepped on the ice once all year.

Comment

Originally posted by JerryP66 View Post
                              Awesome win Monday night. 2 questions, what happened to Walsh? Was he the guy on the ice in a sling? I saw a girl in the stands wearing a Goldstein shirt, what the hell happened to him? He scored the OT winner in game 1 of Qtr finals last year, played a ton as a freshman. He hasn't stepped on the ice once all year.
                              Goldstein is redshirting this year to recover from injuries he had at the end of last season. Walsh got hurt about a month ago after a hard hit v Maine at home and he was holding his shoulder area but not sure how long he's out for.

Comment

Originally posted by Liveatjrl View Post
                                Goldstein is redshirting this year to recover from injuries he had at the end of last season. Walsh got hurt about a month ago after a hard hit v Maine at home and he was holding his shoulder area but not sure how long he's out for.
                                From what I can see on vid clips of the on-ice Beanpot celebration: All of Matt Filipe's appendages seemed to be in good working order so I have to think concussion--impossible to guess on when he's back; one guy (looked like Walsh) with his right wing in a sling--not a good sign; Struble on crutches with a cast on his left ankle--probably out for the year unless they make a deep playoff run.

BTW, the video of Struble hippity hopping across the ice on one leg with crutches in the air says everything about why the Beanpot is so freaking special. (Folks in MTL must have been cringing)

Comment

Working...
                                X