No announcement yet.

Northeastern Huskies 2019-20: Reloaded...and Still in Love with Stacy's Mom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northeastern Huskies 2019-20: Reloaded...and Still in Love with Stacy's Mom

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
    When did you guys get this ginormous new scoreboard? I can’t remember if I came to a game last season.
    I believe it was Christmas break of the 17-18 season.
    "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

• Re: Northeastern Huskies 2019-20: Reloaded...and Still in Love with Stacy's Mom

Originally posted by Split-N View Post
      I believe it was Christmas break of the 17-18 season.
      Christmas break 18-19 season. It's really impressive in person.

https://huntnewsnu.com/57258/sports/...atthews-arena/

Comment

Getting back to last night's disappointment, the thing that bothered me most was no white jerseys anywhere near the BU net to scoop up all the juicy rebounds Tucker was leaving. That's something that has nothing to do with Madden not playing.

Oh, and despite the way the game played out, Billy Jaffe is an absolute pleasure to listen to. Very impressed that he seems as familiar with the players and inner workings of each team as he is with the Bruins. Well done, sir.

Comment

I really thought that we were past these days. I mean they were number 9 3 weeks ago in PWR. 91% chance of ncaa bid. Total complete collapse. What the hell, Madden goes down and they fold up shop? Its like that beating at BC ended there fight.

Comment

To me day to day means that you could play. Season on the line tonight, can probably get by without Carribano playing. Dress Madden play him as much as possible. Need to win to get to 7th place. Unreal that they have lost 5 in a row and still have a chance for 7th place. Imagine if they had just taken care of Vermont.

Comment

• Originally posted by JerryP66 View Post
              To me day to day means that you could play. Season on the line tonight, can probably get by without Carribano playing. Dress Madden play him as much as possible. Need to win to get to 7th place. Unreal that they have lost 5 in a row and still have a chance for 7th place. Imagine if they had just taken care of Vermont.

agree, just tough all the way around.

anyway, onto some positive news, NU women punching their way to the Hockey East Championship finals gm tomorrow (@Merrimack College), taking care of the Maine Blackbears 3-1 this afternoon.

g’luck to them & way to go.
              GO NU HOCKEY
              Always bullish on the future.
              We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

• The Geico gecko looked good..
                our beleaguered Huskies gave it their all & looked good as well.
                Still need the healthy bodies. Oh well, nice.
                GO NU HOCKEY
                We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Got to giev credit, they played hard tonight, very physical game. Shea, Filipe, Solow were big tonight. Joz must have blocked 3 shots tonight. Pantano was big. Hopefully Madden back next week. Avoiding BC is big, UMass still good.

Comment

Props are overdue: A gut check when a gut check was never more needed. Encouraged to see more O-zone time, which led to more SOG than has been the case recently and a couple of them found their way in. Props also to the Dmen and backchecking forwards. And Craig Pantano may have actually stolen a game. So, counting our blessings, better to go to Amherst this week rather than Chestnut Hill but they'll need to unleash the full offensive arsenal if they are to make still another trip to the Gahden.

What really bites is the two upset OT losses to UNH and UConn before the injury gods struck. Win those two and they could have ridden out the storm. Those four lost points turn out to be the difference between traveling to Amherst and hosting Maine at Matthews. Don't even want to think about the PWR what ifs.
                    Last edited by Split-N; 03-08-2020, 01:07 PM.

Comment

• Big Congratulations, NU Women’s Hockey on winning the HockeyEast Championship (their 3rd in 3 years!) @Merrimack Coll this afternoon.

Dominating performance & some outstanding puck movement on way to their title! Well done.
                      GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Hope the NU women win the whole thing to show Crowley how it's done

Comment

Good for them! I have tickets to the NCAA championship final (provided the NCAA doesn’t cancel or prevent fans) and I hope they’re there.

Comment

• Really hope NU can make the FF; but more than that, sincerely hope they do not cancel the event or bar the fans (especially in fairness to all the teams traveling in to Boston), and hopefully not prevent the fans from seeing some amazing athletes.
                            GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Has anyone thought about going to the Women's Game this Saturday? Saturday 1pm, I believe?
                              Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American people.
                              —H. L. Mencken

Comment

Originally posted by CommAvHusky View Post
                                Has anyone thought about going to the Women's Game this Saturday? Saturday 1pm, I believe?
                                We went last year when Cornell came in. It was awesome atmosphere, even if the score didn’t go our way. Amazing game was decided in OT. Big Red were just very very good, much like NU women this season (fingers crossed). They had the bands going. Was amazing experience & Cornell fans traveled well for that one.

Highly recommend folks go, if able and hoping they can put in another spectacular effort v. Princeton this Sat. Go Huskies !

Edit: Princeton women, coming off a ECAC title by upsetting the #1 overall seed Cornell, 3-2 (on the road, in OT) so no easy gm again this yr.
                                Anyway, goodluck to NU men's & women's hockey this wknd!
                                GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Working...
                                X