Northeastern Huskies 2019-20: Reloaded...and Still in Love with Stacy's Mom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JerryP66 View Post
    Unless Madden and Joz are back next week they will maybe get 8th with UNH at BC for 2
    Season over I really think they in some ways over achieved. I never thought they would win 17. Injuries or not they are playing poorly and really are not deserving of an NCAA birth this year. I think we have a good set of incoming players next year and will just have to rebuild.

Comment

• Re: Northeastern Huskies 2019-20: Reloaded...and Still in Love with Stacy's Mom

No way to sugarcoat it: This is a collapse for the ages. Yes, there were and are injuries--a lot of them--but that only partially explains what just happened. Especially painful to think that this disaster was at the hands of a team that hadn't won a league game all year so I'm left to wonder if something didn't happen at some point that changed the team chemistry. Just grasping at straws trying to make sense of it all.
      "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

• Re: Northeastern Huskies 2019-20: Reloaded...and Still in Love with Stacy's Mom

Originally posted by Split-N View Post
        No way to sugarcoat it: This is a collapse for the ages. Yes, there were and are injuries--a lot of them--but that only partially explains what just happened. Especially painful to think that this disaster was at the hands of a team that hadn't won a league game all year so I'm left to wonder if something didn't happen at some point that changed the team chemistry. Just grasping at straws trying to make sense of it all.
        you know what goes well with coronavirus... lime disease.
        GO NU HOCKEY
        Always bullish on the future.
        We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Injuries have hurt them, but this is an epic collapse. BC last weekend, yes BC is better, but Vermont? Vermont just signed the death certificate for this season. Split with BU and you get the right to go get your head kicked in by BC. I guess if prov loses to Maine and NU splits they would finish 7th and would go to prob UMass. Who I think with Madded and Joz back they could beat. But I have serious concerns that they can split with BU.

Comment

Losing a Hobey candidate, a top 6 forward and a top 4 dmam to injury is going to seriously hurt any team. I'm not surprised an inspired UVM team beat them on Friday night. I am however, stunned that after the embarrassment Friday night they came back with a pitiful effort and no urgency. Really disappointing from a team that had proven it could win when it mattered most. The team should be better next year with the class coming in, barring the decisions of Harris and Madden, but this should have been a tournament team after the swept Lowell and the last 4 they have fallen right on their face.
            2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
            2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

Originally posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post
              Losing a Hobey candidate, a top 6 forward and a top 4 dmam to injury is going to seriously hurt any team. I'm not surprised an inspired UVM team beat them on Friday night. I am however, stunned that after the embarrassment Friday night they came back with a pitiful effort and no urgency. Really disappointing from a team that had proven it could win when it mattered most. The team should be better next year with the class coming in, barring the decisions of Harris and Madden, but this should have been a tournament team after the swept Lowell and the last 4 they have fallen right on their face.
              Hopefully they get Maden back this weekend, does anyone know what happened to Joz? I have been wrong many times before, but I would be surprised if Madden or Harris left. As far as Harris goes, they only have 1 dman coming in next year, teams and players are usually pretty open about plans. I would say as of now Harris is planning on being back.

Comment

Originally posted by JerryP66 View Post
                Hopefully they get Madden back this weekend, does anyone know what happened to Joz? I have been wrong many times before, but I would be surprised if Madden or Harris left. As far as Harris goes, they only have 1 dman coming in next year, teams and players are usually pretty open about plans. I would say as of now Harris is planning on being back.
                Based on the way Harris is playing lately, Montreal may tell him to stay in school. Stranger thing have happened (like this past weekend). Madden should stay another year and work toward adding at least 10 pounds of muscle. He's got a great head, wrists and wheels and seemed to be made of rubber. The rest of him is, in a word, skinny! The pro game involves a long season playing against some folks with a different mind?set toward "rewarding" skinny forwards who embarrass them. I'd hate to see him trying to wrestle with a grouchy opponent who outweighs him by almost 50%

I don't know when Jozy was hurt or what the nature of his injury may be. However, he has had a history of concussions. If that's the case, he's probably done for the year. Hopefully, he will not play pro, but will take his very valuable BA from DMSB and take advantage of safer ways to make his first $MM.

I, too, was surprised the way the team came to Saturday's game without any sort of inferno burning within them. A better description of their enthusiasm would be as a rain soaked bonfire. I know how the math works - you don't replace a Hobey Baker Candidate with a 5th line walk on forward. Nor do you replace a Jayden Struble with your 7th or 8th D. And not having a 4th line adds meaningfully to the ice time of the other lines.
                As good as our special teams have been this year, we were probably fortunate that the refs let everything go while there was some question about the outcome.

Still, there was no excuse for the losses of puck battles, outright giveaways, and the team's inability to get the puck out of the D zone. Pantano has been a huge difference maker this year, but he may be tired - physically or mentally. The coaches did a masterful job of scouting and recruiting him after Cayden surprised them with his plan to turn pro. Communication problems are the last thing I would expect from a Madigan coached team or player.

Comment

Originally posted by HHound View Post
                  I, too, was surprised the way the team came to Saturday's game without any sort of inferno burning within them. A better description of their enthusiasm would be as a rain soaked bonfire...there was no excuse for the losses of puck battles, outright giveaways, and the team's inability to get the puck out of the D zone...
                  One of the characteristics of JM-coached teams in recent years is that they usually played like their hair was on fire--like mad dogs--when things looked bleak in important games. Not so in the second BC game and both UVM games. The lengthy injury list notwithstanding, something just doesn't seem to be sitting right.

Comment

• Originally posted by Split-N View Post
                    One of the characteristics of JM-coached teams in recent years is that they usually played like their hair was on fire--like mad dogs--when things looked bleak in important games. Not so in the second BC game and both UVM games. The lengthy injury list notwithstanding, something just doesn't seem to be sitting right.
                    While I’m a BC fan, my dad worked at Northeastern in a high end role for 10+ years so I’m usually following along pretty close. I grew up with BC season tickets in football and going to many hockey games but I have a soft spot for Northeastern too. My dad always raves about Madigan and said he was the best person he ever met at Northeastern. Most down to earth, real person at the university while he despised the people who ran the university and many of the department heads.

It’s a bummer to hear how the team was devastated by injuries this year and Madigan couldn’t get the rest of the team to step up in their absence. He’ll rebuild moving forward and get them back to where there were earlier in the year. No team could sustain their losses this year

Comment

Originally posted by sigx15 View Post
                      While I’m a BC fan, my dad worked at Northeastern in a high end role for 10+ years so I’m usually following along pretty close. I grew up with BC season tickets in football and going to many hockey games but I have a soft spot for Northeastern too. My dad always raves about Madigan and said he was the best person he ever met at Northeastern. Most down to earth, real person at the university while he despised the people who ran the university and many of the department heads.

It’s a bummer to hear how the team was devastated by injuries this year and Madigan couldn’t get the rest of the team to step up in their absence. He’ll rebuild moving forward and get them back to where there were earlier in the year. No team could sustain their losses this year
                      While i agree with the jist of your post & where you going with it (points re Madigan; untimely injuries this season; etc); not sure why your dad would 'despise' people who ran the U.
                      They've done a darn good job, prob as good or better as Madigan has.
                      GO NU HOCKEY
                      We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

In other news, an addition for the 2020-21 season -

https://www.nanaimoclippers.com/stev...ern-university
                        GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
                          While i agree with the jist of your post & where you going with it (points re Madigan; untimely injuries this season; etc); not sure why your dad would 'despise' people who ran the U.
                          They've done a darn good job, prob as good or better as Madigan has.
                          nu owes everything to your pres who
                          1) got nu on the common app so your rejection pct rocketed!
                          2) got usnwr to ignore the 4yr grad rates which helped immensely (and for good reason cause the co-op program is awesome)

stairway to heaven, mutha fffffffffffffffffffffffffffers
                          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                            nu owes everything to your pres who
                            1) got nu on the common app so your rejection pct rocketed!
                            2) got usnwr to ignore the 4yr grad rates which helped immensely (and for good reason cause the co-op program is awesome)

stairway to heaven, mutha fffffffffffffffffffffffffffers

we know mookie you’ve been on this here for few years now; but hey, why not keep ranting if only to convince yourself. it works for the man in the whitehouse. after all, bu is the gold standard now go get me a beer.
                            Last edited by northeastern; 03-03-2020, 05:55 AM.
                            GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

LOL NU and BU are tied at #40 in the USNWR rankings so have fun chanting "Safety School" at each other. Mookie is right about the co-op program, though. Also, NU has a better looking campus (with actual grass and trees and stuff). BU, though, has had the better campus watering hole ever since Punter's lamentably closed. We'll call the Green Line trolley tracks a push.

Comment

LOL NU and BU are tied at #40 in the USNWR rankings so have fun chanting "Safety School" at each other. Mookie is right about the co-op program, though. Also, NU has a better looking campus (with actual grass and trees and stuff). BU, though, has had the better campus watering hole ever since Punter's lamentably closed. We'll call the Green Line trolley tracks a push.
                                BU is getting a Taco Bell you can drink at(!) so for the first time ever, I'm jealous of BU
                                2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
                                2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

Working...
                                X