Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2019-20 Michigan Tech Season Thread. Broetzman has us off to a Bliss-ful start!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2019-20 Michigan Tech Season Thread. Broetzman has us off to a Bliss-ful start!

Well I didn't expect us to win but I was hoping we would. Sigh.
    MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

• Re: 2019-20 Michigan Tech Season Thread. Broetzman has us off to a Bliss-ful start!

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
      I keep waiting for the high hockey IQ, and great 'brains' that Coach keeps talking about to show up.. Good effort in many ways, yet simply the same old script. Have a lead can't hold it. And with under ten left in the game costly mistakes turn the game into another close loss.. *sigh*

I remember during the BLC lunch Coach was asked a question about less hitting/big hits in the game these days. HIs reply was that he tells the guys that given the state of how the game is being called these days not to go for them. Don't put yourself in a position to let the ref make a call. Yet again it happens last night. Given how most of the calls are going against Tech, why go for the big hit? And then how does Bliss, a big power guy, get out muscled in the corner for the give away that leads to the goal...

Another tough series next weekend, maybe we'll see some growth on the learning curve by then. Go Huskies!

Comment

Originally posted by The Troll mtu86 View Post
        I keep waiting for the high hockey IQ, and great 'brains' that Coach keeps talking about to show up.. Good effort in many ways, yet simply the same old script. Have a lead can't hold it. And with under ten left in the game costly mistakes turn the game into another close loss.. *sigh*

I remember during the BLC lunch Coach was asked a question about less hitting/big hits in the game these days. HIs reply was that he tells the guys that given the state of how the game is being called these days not to go for them. Don't put yourself in a position to let the ref make a call. Yet again it happens last night. Given how most of the calls are going against Tech, why go for the big hit? And then how does Bliss, a big power guy, get out muscled in the corner for the give away that leads to the goal...

Another tough series next weekend, maybe we'll see some growth on the learning curve by then. Go Huskies!
        Our players get beaten for the puck a lot more than they should imho!
        MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

• Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
          Agreed, this is starting to look like a repeat of last year. Where is the scoring?

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
            Agreed, this is starting to look like a repeat of last year. Where is the scoring?
            We are a young team and I believe Dirk said the flu bug was going around the team. (flu vaccines???)

Look at who we had coming back. We didn’t have a consistent goal scorer last year. While the incoming classes are good, we still don’t have that player or two who can put the puck into the net almost at will.

Sadly, we need to be patient while we rebuild.
            Last edited by Lost_Husky; 11-05-2019, 11:43 AM.

Comment

Good JSH. Can't get over the fact how different Joe sounds this year compared to last year. He sounds upbeat for our 3-4 overall 1-3 conference record.

Interesting comments about recruiting, committed recruits lost, and what kind of players he is looking for.

Comment

Well its unofficially official. We're starting a podcast:
                https://techhockeyguide.com/2019/11/...something-new/
                https://***********/ChasingMacPod
                https://www.patreon.com/techhockeyguide

Check things out. Hopefully we'll have an intro podcast out later this week and actually record something for distribution next tuesday.
                Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                  Well its unofficially official. We're starting a podcast:
                  https://techhockeyguide.com/2019/11/...something-new/
                  https://***********/ChasingMacPod
                  https://www.patreon.com/techhockeyguide

Check things out. Hopefully we'll have an intro podcast out later this week and actually record something for distribution next tuesday.
                  Awesome! Congratulations. I can't wait to hear it.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Good luck! I recommend doing 2-3 recordings that you never release.

GFM
                    Geof F. Morris
                    UAH BSE MAE 2002
                    UAHHockey.com

Comment

• 🦗 🦗 🦗 🦗

Game day ... and a big weekend. Seems like everyone is holding their breath. I’ve been wondering all week: (1) is Tech, with 14 upperclassmen out of a roster of 30, really a much younger team than a lot of other schools; and (2) in year 3, what exactly is it that we are rebuilding from? Hoping for more than moral victories this weekend ... Go Tech!

Comment

Originally posted by lawdoggies View Post
                        [emoji3074] [emoji3074] [emoji3074] [emoji3074]

Game day ... and a big weekend. Seems like everyone is holding their breath. I’ve been wondering all week: (1) is Tech, with 14 upperclassmen out of a roster of 30, really a much younger team than a lot of other schools; and (2) in year 3, what exactly is it that we are rebuilding from? Hoping for more than moral victories this weekend ... Go Tech!
                        1) Not on paper but the majority of the production is coming (and expected) from the young pups.

2) I agree year three seems a long time to keep using the term "rebuilding" but when Marv left for Skunkville, some recruits chose not to stay. We also lost three transfers out after last season. And when you consider #1 above, yes I'd say rebuilding is still appropriate for this year.

That being said, it is fair to expect a [significant] improvement this year over last.

#GoTechGold #BringMacNaughtonHome

Comment

Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post
                          1) Not on paper but the majority of the production is coming (and expected) from the young pups.

2) I agree year three seems a long time to keep using the term "rebuilding" but when Marv left for Skunkville, some recruits chose not to stay. We also lost three transfers out after last season. And when you consider #1 above, yes I'd say rebuilding is still appropriate for this year.

That being said, it is fair to expect a [significant] improvement this year over last.

#GoTechGold #BringMacNaughtonHome

Is it fair to say that year 1 of Joe wasn't a rebuild, but more of change in coaching style? We went to the NCAA and took the Golden Domers to the limit.

I hope we play MnSU like our Saturday game against BG. If we can play like that, we should feel good about this team.

Go Tech!!

Comment

Is say that's fair. A change in style with players recruited to play the old style. That's why I think next year is the year we truly know about Joe and his staff. They should have their "hard" guys in place and leading the team by then. Although i do feel we should be seeing the changes this season. I'd like to see this team have a true identity coming out of the GLI.

Comment

But as Joe said on his show this week, you need skilled scorers, probably no matter the system that in place. And if he lost those "to one team in particular" when a few switched their commitment you have to start over recruiting targeting that type. I don't think goal scorers are sitting out there ready to commit for one or two years out, I'd guess that type of player may not be available for a few years from when Joe started as head coach. I don't think Year 1 for Joe was a rebuilding situation, but I can see what he's saying.

Comment

Someone with more hockey knowledge, does Tech's lack of depth at center hurt our offensive attack?

Comment

Working...
                                X