Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2019-20 Michigan Tech Season Thread. Broetzman has us off to a Bliss-ful start!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2019-20 Michigan Tech Season Thread. Broetzman has us off to a Bliss-ful start!

Originally posted by lawdoggies View Post
    I'd like to be optimistic, but after what I saw at the Mac a couple of weeks ago, I think the next 5 games (BGSU, N Dakota, Mankato) will be a rough stretch.
    0-1 wins IMHO unacceptable
    2 wins is what I expect
    3 wins I'm pleasantly surprised
    4 wins my eternal optimism is validated
    5 wins my next paycheck is going to vegas for a Frozen Four Championship

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by MTUHuskies; 10-25-2019, 06:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
      I'll be there. That rink is so sad though, but at least it's better than Ferris.
      Is it? Didn't seem too sad tonight. Quite loud and quite joyful!

FWIW, the entire infrastructure has been completely updated. There are also plans for major internal renovations. The behind the scenes stuff had to be replaced first, however

Comment

Re: 2019-20 Michigan Tech Season Thread. Broetzman has us off to a Bliss-ful start!

Welp. That game was not near as close as the score would indicate.
        Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
        USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

I agree BG dominated. Seems to me we let them dictate the play overall and we couldn't beat them at what they do. We lost most of the individual puck battles and they were in our zone a whole lot more than we were in theirs.
          Our forecheck continues to allow them easy departures out of their end and we have to fight like hell to get out of ours.
          Second, the PP is better but I believe they had more shots on our net during our pp's than we had on theirs.
          Third, they were very good at finding a way to get our pk out of shape, then get the puck down low in front, and at that time a point man joined in the fracas and they overpowered our guys. Happened pretty much every time they got a pp. I do not blame the goalie at all for those goals.

At times we were able to force them into our game and when we did we started to make the game more even, but we couldn't sustain it.
          Without Jurisik, it would have been a lot worse.

We outplayed them the first ten minutes though and we were better as a team than last time out. I thought Russell was pretty good and Saretsky, Polglaze, and Reitmeier were also notable. But generally we just have to be better.
          MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post
            0-1 wins IMHO unacceptable
            2 wins is what I expect
            3 wins I'm pleasantly surprised
            4 wins my eternal optimism is validated
            5 wins my next paycheck is going to vegas for a Frozen Four Championship

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
            I expect zero. But I'm an optimist and having seen most of the other teams in the league we'll be lucky to finish 7th. If we do it's back to BG for the playoffs.
            MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

It was a fun set of games to watch against BG, it seemed that both teams looked good and bad on the weekend based on what the other was doing to pressure and take their game away.

BG benefitted from a very good Power Play on Friday night, and Tech countered with a nice adjustment moving Tommy P with the big boys on Saturday.

He looks the most like a "Jake Luchinni" type for this team with the ability to score. The next 3 games are going to be a great test.

Not going to pay the $16 bucks to watch one NCHC game, but will be back watching the Mankato series.

Go Tech!!!!

Comment

Great win Tech. Good fight in the corners and played physical enough to get the job done. I thought we came out flat and lost our legs ~5 min left in the 3rd. There is a reason for optimism for the season. if we play like that against North Dakota and MnSU we should do well.

Comment

So who wants a Tech Hockey Guide podcast?
                  Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

I'm game!

Comment

• Re: 2019-20 Michigan Tech Season Thread. Broetzman has us off to a Bliss-ful start!

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                      So who wants a Tech Hockey Guide podcast?
                      I'd listen.

Comment

• Re: 2019-20 Michigan Tech Season Thread. Broetzman has us off to a Bliss-ful start!

anyone listen to today's show? I like what he had to say today. Looking back at Friday, I don't think it was as bad as it looks at first glance. MTU didn't allow an even strength goal...obviously the PK was a weakness but 5 on 5 they played even. It wasn't great but it wasn't bad. This team has talent, they just need to bring that extra gear when needed, every night.
                        Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

This team has talent, they just need to bring that extra gear [ . . . ] every night.
                          Fixed.
                          Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                          https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                          Originally posted by geezer
                          Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                          Originally posted by manurespreader
                          ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

anyone listen to today's show? I like what he had to say today. Looking back at Friday, I don't think it was as bad as it looks at first glance. MTU didn't allow an even strength goal...obviously the PK was a weakness but 5 on 5 they played even. It wasn't great but it wasn't bad. This team has talent, they just need to bring that extra gear when needed, every night.
                            This year's Joe sounds a lot more polished than last year's Joe.

I am worried about our PP. We have a hard time gaining and keeping the puck in the zone. I do like how when we get into the zone and control the puck, we get good looks and guys go to and live in the dirty ice.

Comment

Carson Bantle tied for 2nd in points in USHL to begin the year.
                              Last edited by StevieYnot; 10-31-2019, 01:26 PM.

Comment

Hopefully the Huskies remember it is Saturday and bring their Saturday effort like we saw against BGSU and RMU. Huge early season game for the Huskies. They can pretend it is the NCAA tourney, one and done. Beat Whioux? Yes.
                                Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                                https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                                Originally posted by geezer
                                Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                                Originally posted by manurespreader
                                ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Working...
                                X