Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2019-20 Michigan Tech Season Thread. Broetzman has us off to a Bliss-ful start!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2019-20 Michigan Tech Season Thread. Broetzman has us off to a Bliss-ful start!

I’m looking forward to John Scott’s next podcast to drop. Last week he predicted a Tech sweep and had some very unkind things to say about NMU, their hockey team, and their town.
    Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
    USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

• Re: 2019-20 Michigan Tech Season Thread. Broetzman has us off to a Bliss-ful start!

So what's the key to beating Mankato and can we get it done twice.
      MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
        So what's the key to beating Mankato and can we get it done twice.
        Play smart. Stay out of the box. Clear the zone on the first opportunity. Aggressive forecheck. Win lose pucks. Get some bounces. Petty much the keys to most games.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post
          Play smart. Stay out of the box. Clear the zone on the first opportunity. Aggressive forecheck. Win lose pucks. Get some bounces. Petty much the keys to most games.

1. Don’t make a mistake
          2. Half their team gets the flu
          3. Hastings gets laryngitis
          (I’m not optimistic for this series)
          Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.

Comment

• Originally posted by geezer View Post
            I’m looking forward to John Scott’s next podcast to drop. Last week he predicted a Tech sweep and had some very unkind things to say about NMU, their hockey team, and their town.
            I need to listen to this.

Comment

• Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post

I'll be happy if it goes to a Game 3. Advancing would take Mankato being completely off their game twice. Stranger things have happened, I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                So what's the key to beating Mankato...
                Outscoring them each game of the series will be the biggest key to winning. The players don't like to talk about it outside the lockerroom, but who can score the most will be a big factor in the outcome of these games and the series overall.
                Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                Originally posted by geezer
                Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                Originally posted by manurespreader
                ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
                  I don't like our chances IN Mankato. Prove me wrong, Huskies! Please!
                  It's very doable for Tech. UAA was tied with them right to the end of the game on Saturday night. It was a one goal game until they got the empty netter with seconds left in the game. It will take good defense and excellent goaltending. They outshoot their opponents by large margins!
                  Originally Posted by aparch
                  I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

• Originally posted by geezer View Post
                    Was that the Feel Good Stories episode or the 20 Questions pt2 episode.
                    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
                      It's very doable for Tech. UAA was tied with them right to the end of the game on Saturday night. It was a one goal game until they got the empty netter with seconds left in the game. It will take good defense and excellent goaltending. They outshoot their opponents by large margins!
                      C'mon Suze. The shots on goal were 53-14. So don't act like Anchorage played evenly with MSU up until the end. You got outstanding goaltending on Saturday night or it wouldn't have been close at all.

I'm really looking forward to this weekend. I always enjoy having the Tech fans in town. They're loud and boisterous, but not obnoxious. They're fun to have in the building.
                      My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

The Mavericks haven't lost two games in a weekend since December 14-15 of 2018 at Bowling Green.

The last time they lost two in a weekend at home? March 10-11 of 2018...to the Huskies.

Those are the only two times it has happened in the past FOUR seasons. Wow.
                        Last edited by John J. MacInnes; 03-11-2020, 08:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
                          The Mavericks haven't lost two games in a weekend since December 14-15 of 2018 at Bowling Green.

The last time they lost two in a weekend at home? March 10-11 of 2018...to the Huskies.

Those are the only two times it has happened in the past FOUR seasons. Wow.
                          Their problems come when it's a single elimination tournament.

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post
                            Was that the Feel Good Stories episode or the 20 Questions pt2 episode.
                            I don’t remember, but it’s all good listening though. He’s very good natured, regularly tells guys how he hates their guts, (like the Ryan Reeves interview) then 5 minutes later they’re buddies. I think the NMU comments were in that spirit of respectful rivalry trash talk.
                            It’s in the last 5 minutes of one of those episodes.

Comment

John Scott hates the city of Marquette, the Wildcats fans and the Wildcat players. A dirty, stupid, mean team. So what else is new?

I agree with JJ - if we can score more goals we will beat Mankato! (LOL)
                              Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                              "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                              Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                              Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Welp.... if the series is canceled Tech won’t lose.

Comment

Working...
                                X