Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2019-20 Michigan Tech Season Thread. Broetzman has us off to a Bliss-ful start!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carson Bantle made NHL Central Scouting's Preliminary Players to Watch List with a 'C' rating (indicating a 4th-6th round candidate). Minnesota State had one recruit with a 'C' rating, and no other WCHA recruits made the list.

Comment

Re: 2019-20 Michigan Tech Season Thread. Broetzman has us off to a Bliss-ful start!

Originally posted by LetsGoHuskyDogs View Post
      Nah, we've hung 7 on LSSU, UAF, BSU, and now RMU more recently than you guys, although you do have the distinction of being the team we've scored at least 7 on the most since 2011.
      Thanks ...?

GFM <—
      Geof F. Morris
      UAH BSE MAE 2002
      UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by hawerchuk View Post
        Wow, that is an amazingly helpful response (thanks to the other posters as well) and I almost guarantee you just saved me at least one speeding ticket. We'll get to Houghton on the Friday so let me know if you have any suggestions on places to stay on the way up.
        Lots of good suggestions have been passed along to you already and I would only add one: go to the MacInnes early. The student side of the arena is packed before warm ups and the entrance of Tech Pep Band at the end of warm ups is a fine sight.

Comment

Re: 2019-20 Michigan Tech Season Thread. Broetzman has us off to a Bliss-ful start!

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
          That game is the reason we have Mitch's Misfits and ultimately, the reason we have Tech Hockey Guide.
          That game was the highlight of 5 seasons at Tech.

Comment

Originally posted by Qball319 View Post
            Speaking of highlights, for you old geezers and you too Huskyfan, what game sticks out in your memory?

For me it was two games. Vs MIchigan State when the MSU goalie skated the entire rink after the first flipping the bird the whole way, During winter Carnival, and Vs the US Nationals about the same time. Both at the Dee.
            MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by Qball319 View Post
              For me, that was the Feb. 2007 sweep of Wisconsin with Brian Elliott in goal. Or possibly the Oct. 2007 defeat of the #1 Whioux (except we got spanked the next night).

Comment

G Angus Redmond has landed in camp with the SPHL Pensacola Ice Flyers.
                "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                  G Angus Redmond has landed in camp with the SPHL Pensacola Ice Flyers.
                  shoulda never left tech early...

Comment

Originally posted by DrunkTrainPolka View Post
                    shoulda never left tech early...
                    I don't think it would have made a difference for his career. He didn't look good against Denver in Cincinnati.

Comment

Originally posted by Lost_Husky View Post
                      I don't think it would have made a difference for his career. He didn't look good against Denver in Cincinnati.
                      He was only a freshman, there was room to grow. *shrug*

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                        He was only a freshman, there was room to grow. *shrug*
                        I think he probably made the right decision, remember the defense he had playing in front of him making him look better than he probably was. He was likely to regress the following year and at that point the opportunity may not have been available to him.

Comment

Joel L'Esperance scores a goal last night for Da Stars who ended up loosing anyways. Good luck tonight Huskies! Working out the kinks and building on the success from Sweep Week.
                          The U.P. should be the 27th star on Old Glory.

Comment

Not the best and we have a long way to go. The goaltending was very good though. I sure would like us to play better. Mostly a snoozer.

Comment

Ooof...that was.... not pretty

Hope the boys can pick it up tomorrow!,

Comment

Well the pp could be better. It would be easy to be pessimistic but i'll try not to be. IMHO when the other team takes those 5 minute majors you have to be able to punish them for the foul, otherwise they will be running you all night.
                                Last edited by manurespreader; 10-13-2019, 04:01 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X