Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2019-20 Michigan Tech Season Thread. Broetzman has us off to a Bliss-ful start!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2019-20 Michigan Tech Season Thread. Broetzman has us off to a Bliss-ful start!

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
    Flu casualties:

Gotz
    Datema
    Ford
    Parrottino
    Reitmeier
    Russell

In the lineup:

Watson
    Kiilunen
    Buckley
    Raisanen
    Crespi
    Brice
    Man being sick is the pits.

Even so I hate losing. Especially on a shorty like that.
    MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

• Re: 2019-20 Michigan Tech Season Thread. Broetzman has us off to a Bliss-ful start!

Hope we get a few key guys back tonight.

It was mentioned Ford is out due to an injury in practice on the broadcast last night.

BG seemed off a bit last night as well. Tech had early chances on odd man opportunities that were off the mark. I love the fight in this team.

Comment

Losing at home to anyone is never fun, but given the line-up we had to put on the ice last night. Giving up the shorty was a back breaker. You can't beat yourself. A 3-2 result is at least a moral victory. Unfortunately those don't get you any closer to an NCAA bid. The game tonight isn't a must win, but it would be nice to have BGSU leave town behind Tech in the standings.

Tech needs to start racking up some wins if they don't want to be on the road in the playoffs. They only have four games left against teams ahead of them in the standings (BSU x 2 and NMU x 2). On one hand that means the games should be a bit easier down the stretch, however that also means it is harder to control your own destiny because the leading teams might just keep on winning as well. Without a major implosion by Mankato or BSU, Tech is going to be fighting for 3rd or 4th at best down the stretch.
        Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
        https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
        Originally posted by geezer
        Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
        Originally posted by manurespreader
        ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
          Losing at home to anyone is never fun, but given the line-up we had to put on the ice last night. Giving up the shorty was a back breaker. You can't beat yourself. A 3-2 result is at least a moral victory. Unfortunately those don't get you any closer to an NCAA bid. The game tonight isn't a must win, but it would be nice to have BGSU leave town behind Tech in the standings.

Tech needs to start racking up some wins if they don't want to be on the road in the playoffs. They only have four games left against teams ahead of them in the standings (BSU x 2 and NMU x 2). On one hand that means the games should be a bit easier down the stretch, however that also means it is harder to control your own destiny because the leading teams might just keep on winning as well. Without a major implosion by Mankato or BSU, Tech is going to be fighting for 3rd or 4th at best down the stretch.
          Bemidji's schedule gets exponentially harder after this weekend.

Tech
          At Mankato
          BG
          At Northern
          At Anchorage
          Mankato

They will be hard pressed to go .500 in that stretch.

Just bad luck that if the flu bug was going to bite, it would be for likely the most physical series the rest of the way. And I'm not blaming the SHG as much as the first goal, a totally avoidable mistake by Jurusik. Seriously, there cannot be a school who has given up more goals to bad playing of the puck by goalies over the past decade.

Comment

...Seriously, there cannot be a school who has given up more goals to bad playing of the puck by goalies over the past decade.
            Alaska: "Hold my beer..."

Comment

That first game was brutal I felt like we deserved better the second. Good to see Brice scoring

Comment

Recruiting Update:

Carson Bantle comes in at #120 on NHL Central Scouting North America list
                https://www.tsn.ca/2020-nhl-cs-mid-s...ters-1.1426669

#10 in USHL scoring w/ 12g 20a - 32TP in 32 games.

Comment

Disappointing weekend with the flu going around. We seemed to be just starting to get noticed with the ranking and Joe's interview on CHN. I should've thought about it on my own, but in the CHN interview Joe points out Mel took some of the higher talent recruits with him, and it takes some time to get them back into the pipeline. I think we're seeing that with the young scoring.

Comment

Originally posted by mtu_huskies View Post
                    Disappointing weekend with the flu going around. We seemed to be just starting to get noticed with the ranking and Joe's interview on CHN. I should've thought about it on my own, but in the CHN interview Joe points out Mel took some of the higher talent recruits with him, and it takes some time to get them back into the pipeline. I think we're seeing that with the young scoring.
                    And then those young scorers beat Marv at the GLI. Priceless.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Halonen's goal was number 2 in the NCAA plays of the week.

Comment

According to Chris Heisenberg, we have a commitment from Arvid Caderoth, a 19-year-old forward playing for Frölunda HC J20 in Sweden. He has 6 goals and 19 assists for 25 points in 21 games. He's also been loaned to Hanhals IF, Sweden's second-level professional league (which the NCAA is apparently cool with), and put up 12 points in 19 games. He also played 3 games for Sweden's national junior team, but was not a part of their World Junior Championship team.

Comment

Originally posted by redwing61 View Post
                          According to Chris Heisenberg, we have a commitment from Arvid Caderoth, a 19-year-old forward playing for Frölunda HC J20 in Sweden. He has 6 goals and 19 assists for 25 points in 21 games. He's also been loaned to Hanhals IF, Sweden's second-level professional league (which the NCAA is apparently cool with), and put up 12 points in 19 games. He also played 3 games for Sweden's national junior team, but was not a part of their World Junior Championship team.
                          He's 6' 4" and 200 lbs. With an apparent scoring touch. Not sure how the Swedish leagues compare to the North American leagues.

Comment

Looking at the schedule for the teams in front of us in the standings, it's going to be tough to go past any of them. We might go by Bemidji, but Alaska is tough, BG is tough, NMU is a possibility and might come down to the last weekend. I think we can plan on being on the road.

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                              Looking at the schedule for the teams in front of us in the standings, it's going to be tough to go past any of them. We might go by Bemidji, but Alaska is tough, BG is tough, NMU is a possibility and might come down to the last weekend. I think we can plan on being on the road.
                              Considering that the Huskies have 8 true road wins already and only 3 at home, maybe the road is better anyway?

Comment

Considering that the Huskies have 8 true road wins already and only 3 at home, maybe the road is better anyway?
                                Depends on where the road takes you. I wouldn't want to go to Fairbanks

Comment

Working...
                                X