Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2019-20 Michigan Tech Season Thread. Broetzman has us off to a Bliss-ful start!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2019-20 Michigan Tech Season Thread. Broetzman has us off to a Bliss-ful start!

4 hours to puck drop ... kind of quiet out there.
    MSU plays decent defense and has good goaltending, hopefully Tech will find some offense from several players.
    This seems like a big tournament for this team, season and regime.

Comment

• Re: 2019-20 Michigan Tech Season Thread. Broetzman has us off to a Bliss-ful start!

Originally posted by lawdoggies View Post
      4 hours to puck drop ... kind of quiet out there.
      MSU plays decent defense and has good goaltending, hopefully Tech will find some offense from several players.
      This seems like a big tournament for this team, season and regime.
      It should be excellent hockey. We'll have to play one of our better games to win, I'd say MSU was excellent on defense when I saw them.
      MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Interesting to see that MTU upgraded Alex Smith to a Co-Captain and gave Alec Broetzman an A. I think both are deserved but still an interesting decision.
        Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
          Interesting to see that MTU upgraded Alex Smith to a Co-Captain and gave Alec Broetzman an A. I think both are deserved but still an interesting decision.
          I guess we know what side of "The Captain Needs to Play Every Game..." won the argument. If the captain can't play every game, add more captains accordingly so a captain plays every game.
          Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
          https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
          Originally posted by geezer
          Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
          Originally posted by manurespreader
          ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
            I guess we know what side of "The Captain Needs to Play Every Game..." won the argument. If the captain can't play every game, add more captains accordingly so a captain plays every game.
            A character win for sure. Go Huskies!
            MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

John Scott in the locker room after the game, "I played in 8 games here and never one once!"
              Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Pretty good turnout today.

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                  John Scott in the locker room after the game, "I played in 8 games here and never one once!"
                  yeah, we know.
                  Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                  "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                  Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                  Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

I think Marv is more than a touch nervous.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
                      I don't blame Joe for picking the captain that he did to start the year.

Good for Alex. He has stepped up and been an on-ice leader. He earned his "C".

Good for Joe with being willing to change mid season.

Go Tech!

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                        Heard John was doing his podcast from LCA yesterday. Went to his site to see if the podcast dropped yet. It has not. Ended up listening to the Babcock firing episode 11/21/19. John talks for several minutes about MTU Hockey. Even suggested he may do his podcast from MTU at Winter Carnival. Worth a listen. Starts at 51:20. Also talks about some history about Sidnaw. 58:40 Most won't know where that is. Hunted there many years ago.

https://www.buzzsprout.com/196605?client_source=large_player&iframe=true&referrer=https://www.buzzsprout.com/196605.js?player=large#
                        Last edited by rustedblades; 12-31-2019, 09:43 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by rustedblades View Post
                          ...Also talks about some history about Sidnaw. 58:40 Most won't know where that is. ...
                          Side note, I'm still saddened that the movie Reindeer Games chose to shoot in British Columbia because of "slightly better tax breaks" and never shot even B-roll on location in the UP.
                          “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

the old alma matter did in Ferris. now Tech needs to do in tMel.
                            Boosh Factor 4

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                              I think Marv is more than a touch nervous.

a little testy there
                              Boosh Factor 4

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
                                a little testy there
                                Can't wait to hear Marv's comments after Tech wins today.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X