Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2019-20 Michigan Tech Season Thread. Broetzman has us off to a Bliss-ful start!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2019-20 Michigan Tech Season Thread. Broetzman has us off to a Bliss-ful start!

So after the two Alaskas, the Huskies will play 7 of their next 8 against teams just above them in the PairWise.

Something comes to mind about carts and horses, but this team has suddenly put themselves in some conversations I wouldn't have imagined just a couple weeks ago.

Comment

• Re: 2019-20 Michigan Tech Season Thread. Broetzman has us off to a Bliss-ful start!

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
      So after the two Alaskas, the Huskies will play 7 of their next 8 against teams just above them in the PairWise.

Something comes to mind about carts and horses, but this team has suddenly put themselves in some conversations I wouldn't have imagined just a couple weeks ago.
      That's a pretty big cart, looking out 12 games.

I think we need to worry about winning the next four "should win" games before the teams ahead of them in the Pairwise.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Just looking at the series this weekend.

Tech will show progress by how they handle Alaska's forecheck. If we can possess the puck much more than the series in Houghton and take advantage of some odd man rushes, then it should bode well for the Huskies. Expect two really good games.

Comment

The only thing that looked worse than the Huskies in the third period on Friday? The cable access level webstream. They finally figured out the score bug with :07 left in the 3rd by cannibalizing an old Ferris one.

Comment

Ha, if you think that was bad, you should have watched the UAH broadcast tonight!!! Holy suck, Batman!!! It was like the camera person was stoned and kept forgetting there was a game being played!!

Comment

Originally posted by Scrum Bucket View Post
              Ha, if you think that was bad, you should have watched the UAH broadcast tonight!!! Holy suck, Batman!!! It was like the camera person was stoned and kept forgetting there was a game being played!!
              I was getting motion sickness when I watched UAA play in Huntsville. They need to stop showing the ice level view.
              Originally Posted by aparch
              I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

I went to bed after the second and we had looked ok, I never expected we'd give up 2 in the third but I should have. Discouraging! It's hard to blame the goalie though when you can't get out of your own zone for FOUR MINUTES! LORD!
                Last edited by manurespreader; 11-30-2019, 08:25 AM.
                MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                  ...It's hard to blame the goalie though when you can't get out of your own zone for FOUR MINUTES! LORD!
                  It was really closer to about two minutes of puck possession time in the MTU end (from about 5:40 to 3:33 min left in the third)…but still an impressive forecheck at that critical point in the game.
                  Last edited by mmf; 11-30-2019, 11:44 AM.

Comment

Watched a bit of the Michigan- Badgers game tonight. Fox’s Sports North announcers said Mel is 17 of 51 (17 of 52; they just lost) since his first season, which was an inherited team. And Michigan is 1 for its last 10 this season.

Maybe John Scott could bring Mel back as an assistant. Nah.

I’m feeling a little better about our prospects. Love that we have at least one Stauber coming soon (and maybe two..)
                    Last edited by Redridge; 11-30-2019, 09:38 PM.
                    Go Huskies!

Comment

I liked the game last night. It was a good effort but I didn't like the pp on the last two tries. We could have gotten some separation but instead, we got slow motion hockey.
                      MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Anyone have an avenue for tickets to the sun devils series in Arizona? Considering a banzai trip down but tickets look unavailable....

Comment

Originally posted by Scrum Bucket View Post
                          Anyone have an avenue for tickets to the sun devils series in Arizona? Considering a banzai trip down but tickets look unavailable....
                          Tech should get a block from ASU so I would contact the central ticket office.
                          Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                          https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                          Originally posted by geezer
                          Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                          Originally posted by manurespreader
                          ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
                            Tech should get a block from ASU so I would contact the central ticket office.
                            Not sure on which forum I read it, but someone stated that Tech got 50 out of 750 capacity and they are sold out.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Tech is now #11 in the pairwise. RPI 0.5473.

The sweep over RMU at the beginning had to help a lot.. As does the great non-conf. performance of a few other WCHA teams.
                              Its still very early. We have a couple of huge holiday hurdles with non-conference games that become must wins to hang in there on the pairwise.

But at least we are not out of it.

https://www.uscho.com/rankings/pairwise-rankings/d-i-men/
                              Last edited by Redridge; 12-02-2019, 08:29 PM.
                              Go Huskies!

Comment

Originally posted by Redridge View Post
                                Tech is now #11 in the pairwise. RPI 0.5473.

The sweep over RMU at the beginning had to help a lot.. As does the great non-conf. performance of a few other WCHA teams.
                                Its still very early. We have a couple of huge holiday hurdles with non-conference games that become must wins to hang in there on the pairwise.

But at least we are not out of it.

https://www.uscho.com/rankings/pairw...kings/d-i-men/
                                December is going to be very important. No sh*tting the bed at home vs. Anchorage this year, for starters. After that, they can focus on a very good Clarkson team.

Comment

Working...
                                X