Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2019-20 Michigan Tech Season Thread. Broetzman has us off to a Bliss-ful start!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post
    How many extras can travel? I thought it was only the playing roster. Didn't Tech run into not being able to fill the roster on a Saturday in Blown Groin a couple years ago because they lost a few guys in the Friday night game?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Teams travel with 22-23 for WCHA games. The rule was 22. Beginning last year, they allowed an “extra skater” to dress. I’m not sure if they also upped the number that could travel.
    "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

• Re: 2019-20 Michigan Tech Season Thread. Broetzman has us off to a Bliss-ful start!

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
      Teams travel with 22-23 for WCHA games. The rule was 22. Beginning last year, they allowed an “extra skater” to dress. I’m not sure if they also upped the number that could travel.
      So if they dress 21 on the road it only gives them 1-2 extras that can travel. I still don't see that as a problem with Brice being the extra guy. He can certainly step in if needed due to injury or suspension. And if they only get one extra, the extra skater is often a Dman anyway.

In summary, I don't think it's a big deal if he doesn't dress. But I do like the idea of him traveling.

Now let's worry about Tech Jr. This weekend.

Comment

• Re: 2019-20 Michigan Tech Season Thread. Broetzman has us off to a Bliss-ful start!

Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post
        So if they dress 21 on the road it only gives them 1-2 extras that can travel. I still don't see that as a problem with Brice being the extra guy. He can certainly step in if needed due to injury or suspension. And if they only get one extra, the extra skater is often a Dman anyway.

In summary, I don't think it's a big deal if he doesn't dress. But I do like the idea of him traveling.

Now let's worry about Tech Jr. This weekend.

This could be an interesting weekend. I hope Tech shows up and can play a full 60 min each night. It is maddening seeing them disappear for stretches. Yes, they are young, but still.

Go Tech!

Comment

Originally posted by Lost_Husky View Post
          This could be an interesting weekend. I hope Tech shows up and can play a full 60 min each night. It is maddening seeing them disappear for stretches. Yes, they are young, but still.

Go Tech!
          Inconsistencies are often attributed to being young. But not all young players are inconsistent. Everyone has off nights. The key is not having too many guys having off nights at the same time. And with great teams, the others cover for a teammate's off night.

And putting the **** puck in the net. That's another key.

Comment

Tech always travels two extra players for conference games.

As for this weekend, it's the home team in blue who can't stop anyone versus the road team in black who can't score. Should be classic.

Comment

How many extras can travel? I thought it was only the playing roster. Didn't Tech run into not being able to fill the roster on a Saturday in Blown Groin a couple years ago because they lost a few guys in the Friday night game?

the traveling party I believe was updated for the additional skater to 23. (12 forwards, 6 defenders, 2 goalies, 1 extra skater plus 2 subs, usually one F and one D).
              Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Correct. You’re allowed 23 dressed now for league games. I think it was actually changed a year before the extra dressed skater was allowed.
                Co-Founder/Editor of BGSUHockey.com

Comment

Inconsistencies are often attributed to being young. But not all young players are inconsistent. Everyone has off nights. The key is not having too many guys having off nights at the same time. And with great teams, the others cover for a teammate's off night.

And putting the **** puck in the net. That's another key.

Agreed. The season is early, but hopefully we see less and less of the disappearing act. I think LSSU will be a good opportunity to minimize that and see growth.

Comment

Well I thought we played better last weekend, but I'll take it. We had moments of brain fade in the second again, but I'll take it also.
                    MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Probably the best I have seen a Huskies team use the forecheck in a long time. It was directly responsible for all three even strength goals.

Comment

There was a very good and long piece on NPR about John Scott this afternoon. It's probably available on the NPR web site now.

I thought in the game we were pretty flat. A lot of turnovers. Not as much forecheck efficiency, really struggled at times especially late in the game. Maybe we just got tired. Special teams were good. Goaltending was tremendous. I thought the work ethic was not as evident as Friday.
                        MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                          There was a very good and long piece on NPR about John Scott this afternoon. It's probably available on the NPR web site now.

It was probably this: https://www.wnycstudios.org/podcasts...olab-punchline
                          Last edited by Shirtless Guy; 11-16-2019, 09:53 PM.
                          Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Looking at UND pretty much manhandling DU in Denver last night, I suddenly feel a lot better about playing them as close as we did in Grand Forks (even though we lost).

Road sweep always feels good, even if you didn't play as well the second night.

Comment

What do you think?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post

What do you think?
                                Both should have been fives for interference with significant impact.

These are the kind of hits they’re trying to eliminate from the game.
                                Co-Founder/Editor of BGSUHockey.com

Comment

Working...
                                X