Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2019-20 Michigan Tech Season Thread. Broetzman has us off to a Bliss-ful start!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2019-20 Michigan Tech Season Thread. Broetzman has us off to a Bliss-ful start!

My Dad, who watches a lot of NCHC, had an interesting comment this weekend while we watched both games together. “Does Tech really take all of their shots from far away?” As we watched, it really became apparent how the only close in shots we take are from transition play. It’s rare that we get the puck low and then get it to a stick in front of the net.
    Go Huskies!

Comment

• Re: 2019-20 Michigan Tech Season Thread. Broetzman has us off to a Bliss-ful start!

My predicted order of finish is MNS, BSU, NMU with BGSU grabbing the last home ice slot. I have a very hard time seeing BGSU getting less than 6 pts over the last four games. They have the most games and the softest remaining schedule of anyone. If they don't get home ice that's a meltdown bigger than Tech this season.

I have Tech finishing 6th and heading right back to NMU the following weekend for the first round of the WCHA playoffs and another ticketing nightmare for Tech fans.
      Ferris and UAH end their seasons in February.
      Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
      https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
      Originally posted by geezer
      Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
      Originally posted by manurespreader
      ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
        My predicted order of finish is MNS, BSU, NMU with BGSU grabbing the last home ice slot. I have a very hard time seeing BGSU getting less than 6 pts over the last four games. They have the most games and the softest remaining schedule of anyone. If they don't get home ice that's a meltdown bigger than Tech this season.

I have Tech finishing 6th and heading right back to NMU the following weekend for the first round of the WCHA playoffs and another ticketing nightmare for Tech fans.
        Ferris and UAH end their seasons in February.
        BGSU has FSU and @UAH left. Alaska has UAA left. If both win out, they will each have 49 points, but I believe Alaska has the tie breaker (I could be mistaken). Home ice is Alaska's to lose. Alaska could lose points to UAA, but they are in control of their own destiny. BGSU is not.

Comment

Originally posted by mmf View Post
          BGSU has FSU and @UAH left. Alaska has UAA left. If both win out, they will each have 49 points, but I believe Alaska has the tie breaker (I could be mistaken). Home ice is Alaska's to lose. Alaska could lose points to UAA, but they are in control of their own destiny. BGSU is not.
          This is all correct UAF would finish 14-9-5 with BGSU 14-10-4. Going to the second tie-breaker, UAF would have the better conference winning percentage.

b) If two (2) or more teams are still tied (or all tied teams have not played four (4) contests against one another), then the team with the greater winning percentage in League games will be granted the higher seed.

That being said, I see a better chance of BGSU getting two sweeps against the bottom of the conference than UAF sweeping a heated series against UAA. This series will be UAA playing for their playoff lives against their biggest rival. They'll find a way to get at least one point.

Comment

I wish the conference would have started out with a new name / image, but I get the fact that 5 of the 7 member teams have at least some history in the CCHA previously it made some sense. And I'm sure BGSU pounded pretty loudly on the table that they wanted to get some use out of all the CCHA stuff they squirreled away in 2013.

Someone already incorrectly updated Wikipedia that the CCHA restarts this Fall...
            https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Centra...ey_Association

Now fixed... my first Wiki-contribution. Yeah!
            Last edited by JohnsonsJerseys; 02-18-2020, 12:53 PM.

Comment

Here is my own personal BS conspiracy theory. Mankato and BSU announce that they are leaving for the nchc, UAA announces they likely will fold due to finances, BG bullies those other teams into this and here is the result.
              MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

I wish the conference would have started out with a new name / image.
                this.
                Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

GLHL : Great Lakes Hockey League (or association)

UMHL : Upper Midwest Hockey League (or association)

let's get a little creative here. any number of possibilities. CCHA s^cks.
                  Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                  "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                  Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                  Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

• Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
                    glhl : Great lakes hockey league (or association)

umhl : Upper midwest hockey league (or association)

let's get a little creative here. Any number of possibilities. Ccha s^cks.
                    How about GLIAC-HC
                    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                      How about GLIAC-HC
                      They picked CCHA. I won't change their mind so I might as well accept it and jump on board with it. I really hope they have a successful league that puts all seven of them in a better position (financially and otherwise) than they are now. Go CCHA!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
                        GLHL : Great Lakes Hockey League
                        I know first hand that one already exists because I played in it for Mosinee (WI) Papermakers many years ago. That is the league for the Portage Lake Pioneers and Calumet Wolverines men's teams as well.
                        http://theglhl.com/

Comment

I know first hand that one already exists because I played in it for Mosinee (WI) Papermakers many years ago. That is the league for the Portage Lake Pioneers and Calumet Wolverines men's teams as well.
                          https://theglhl.com/
                          So are the Portage lake flyers defunct?
                          MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                            So are the Portage lake flyers defunct?
                            Nope, it is the same team. In fact they use an old PL Flyers logo on their jerseys but are the Pioneers.
                            https://portagelakepioneers.com/team...eague_id=42461

Last edited by JohnsonsJerseys; 02-19-2020, 07:52 PM.

Comment

Ok, so a quick break from the CCHA chatter for my semi-annual (or even more frequent) search for one of the 2017 Military Tribute Camo Huskies jerseys. Plenty of jerseys to trade or I'll just pay cash. (Must be a game jersey with number on back.) We just got through Lend a Paw, now it's time to "Help a Husky (Jersey Collector)". Ok... who has one??

These available, plus many more if trading is your thing...

Comment

What was with the question on Joe's show - are there any unknown recruits due to security reasons. What is the submitter asking about?

Finally listened to the Chasing MacNaughton podcast, good listen.

Comment

Working...
                                X