Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2019-20 Michigan Tech Season Thread. Broetzman has us off to a Bliss-ful start!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2019-20 Michigan Tech Season Thread. Broetzman has us off to a Bliss-ful start!

So the Huskies are 2-0 for the first time since 2014 (they started 10-0 that year ending with that #1 ranking). Let's see how the Huskies do going forward and hopefully the young guys can keep putting up points. Alex Smith is the only upperclassman with a goal (1 of the 9 scored) and Smith is joined by Donohue, Reitmeier and Watson as the only upperclassmen (of 10 point getters) with points on those 8 goals.
    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Re: 2019-20 Michigan Tech Season Thread. Broetzman has us off to a Bliss-ful start!

1) when was the last time tech had a natural (that's funny) hat trick?

2) when was the last time tech scored seven goals in a game?

had fun listening to both games... even 'tho friday i was cringing a little. and if those three RMU goals (that hit the metal) went in, it could have been a different game.

BUT I AM VERY HAPPY!

the UAF series is not going to be a cake walk... just ask denver...

GO TECH GOLD!

Comment

Re: 2019-20 Michigan Tech Season Thread. Broetzman has us off to a Bliss-ful start!

Originally posted by DrunkTrainPolka View Post
      1) when was the last time tech had a natural (that's funny) hat trick?
      The only other MTU natural hat trick since 2002 (when detailed enough stats became available to search for such things as a natural hat trick) was scored on October 18, 2003 by Colin Murphy, who scored the Huskies' final 3 goals of the game to tie, and then defeat in overtime, the Northern Michigan Wildcats at the John MacInnes Student Ice Arena by a final score of 7-6.

Originally posted by DrunkTrainPolka View Post
      2) when was the last time tech scored seven goals in a game?
      The last time MTU scored 7 goals was on December 1, 2018, when they defeated Bemidji State by a final score of 7-2.

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGoHuskyDogs View Post
        The only other MTU natural hat trick since 2002 (when detailed enough stats became available to search for such things as a natural hat trick) was scored on October 18, 2003 by Colin Murphy, who scored the Huskies' final 3 goals of the game to tie, and then defeat in overtime, the Northern Michigan Wildcats at the John MacInnes Student Ice Arena by a final score of 7-6.
        That game is the reason we have Mitch's Misfits and ultimately, the reason we have Tech Hockey Guide.
        Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
          That game is the reason we have Mitch's Misfits and ultimately, the reason we have Tech Hockey Guide.
          It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

The last time MTU scored 7 goals was on December 1, 2018, when they defeated Bemidji State by a final score of 7-2.
            I'm just glad that it wasn't UAH.

GFM
            Geof F. Morris
            UAH BSE MAE 2002
            UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
              Man, someone is still triggered.

Comment

I watched both games. Saturday I thought the skating was pretty even. #30 was awesome and made the difference. Our PP looked horrible Saturday, dumping the puck in on every possession. It was even worse because we lost so many face offs early in the game.
                Sunday we skated better. Better puck handling. Of course it’s easier to play downhill. 🙂

I was glad to hear coach talk about improvements needed, because we will need to improve a bunch to win WCHA games. I really hope the individual skill he talked about in practice comes out in games soon.

I was glad we played well with the lead. Kept pressure all game, won each period. Beat both goalies they put in. It was also the type of game that you can easily get a night off for retaliation; and we stayed above that. Many good things.
                Go Huskies!

Comment

Originally posted by Redridge View Post
                  I watched both games. Saturday I thought the skating was pretty even. #30 was awesome and made the difference. Our PP looked horrible Saturday, dumping the puck in on every possession. It was even worse because we lost so many face offs early in the game.
                  Sunday we skated better. Better puck handling. Of course it’s easier to play downhill. ��

I was glad to hear coach talk about improvements needed, because we will need to improve a bunch to win WCHA games. I really hope the individual skill he talked about in practice comes out in games soon.

I was glad we played well with the lead. Kept pressure all game, won each period. Beat both goalies they put in. It was also the type of game that you can easily get a night off for retaliation; and we stayed above that. Many good things.
                  We are back to the passive PK which I think is a mistake against teams like BG. I don't like it, but i'm not the coach.
                  MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                    If you'll excuse me, I need to go drink until I forget that game happened until y'all bring it up again.
                    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                      Pretty much

I'm surprised it's been 16 years on that actually... I would have thought y'all did it at some point during your recent upswing.
                      It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
                        Too soon?
                        "Don't believe everything you read on the Internet"
                        Abe Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                          I'm just glad that it wasn't UAH.
                          Nah, we've hung 7 on LSSU, UAF, BSU, and now RMU more recently than you guys, although you do have the distinction of being the team we've scored at least 7 on the most since 2011.

Games in which Tech's scored more than 7 goals since the 2011-12 season (before that there was a 4-year gap between 7-goal games):

+---------------------+-------+--------------------+-------+
                          | date_time | goals | name | goals |
                          | 2019-10-06 15:05:00 | 7 | Robert Morris | 0 |
                          | 2018-12-01 19:07:00 | 7 | Bemidji State | 2 |
                          | 2018-11-24 19:07:00 | 7 | Alaska | 2 |
                          | 2017-03-04 19:07:00 | 8 | Lake Superior | 0 |
                          | 2016-10-14 19:07:00 | 7 | Alabama-Huntsville | 3 |
                          | 2016-03-11 19:07:00 | 7 | Alaska | 1 |
                          | 2016-02-20 19:07:00 | 9 | Bemidji State | 2 |
                          | 2015-02-14 19:07:00 | 10 | Alaska-Anchorage | 0 |
                          | 2015-01-31 19:07:00 | 11 | Alabama-Huntsville | 1 |
                          | 2015-01-02 19:00:00 | 8 | Wisconsin | 1 |
                          | 2014-02-21 19:07:00 | 7 | Northern Michigan | 4 |
                          | 2014-02-08 17:07:00 | 10 | Alabama-Huntsville | 4 |
                          | 2013-02-12 19:07:00 | 8 | Northern Michigan | 2 |
                          | 2012-10-13 19:07:00 | 8 | Lake Superior | 4 |
                          | 2012-02-04 19:07:00 | 7 | Minnesota State | 3 |
                          | 2011-10-28 19:07:00 | 7 | Denver | 2 |

Sorry for the formatting, turns out the USCHO forum doesn't do multiple spaces.

Comment

You'll note that UAA has kind of been our nemesis ever since that 10-0 blowout 4.5 years ago.

Comment

Sorry for the formatting, turns out the USCHO forum doesn't do multiple spaces.
                              I made it pretty for you with the PRE html tag.

| date_time | goals | name | goals |
                              | 2019-10-06 15:05:00 | 7 | Robert Morris | 0 |
                              | 2018-12-01 19:07:00 | 7 | Bemidji State | 2 |
                              | 2018-11-24 19:07:00 | 7 | Alaska | 2 |
                              | 2017-03-04 19:07:00 | 8 | Lake Superior | 0 |
                              | 2016-10-14 19:07:00 | 7 | Alabama-Huntsville | 3 |
                              | 2016-03-11 19:07:00 | 7 | Alaska | 1 |
                              | 2016-02-20 19:07:00 | 9 | Bemidji State | 2 |
                              | 2015-02-14 19:07:00 | 10 | Alaska-Anchorage | 0 |
                              | 2015-01-31 19:07:00 | 11 | Alabama-Huntsville | 1 |
                              | 2015-01-02 19:00:00 | 8 | Wisconsin | 1 |
                              | 2014-02-21 19:07:00 | 7 | Northern Michigan | 4 |
                              | 2014-02-08 17:07:00 | 10 | Alabama-Huntsville | 4 |
                              | 2013-02-12 19:07:00 | 8 | Northern Michigan | 2 |
                              | 2012-10-13 19:07:00 | 8 | Lake Superior | 4 |
                              | 2012-02-04 19:07:00 | 7 | Minnesota State | 3 |
                              | 2011-10-28 19:07:00 | 7 | Denver | 2 |
                              Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                              https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                              Originally posted by geezer
                              Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                              Originally posted by manurespreader
                              ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Working...
                              X