Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2019-20 Michigan Tech Season Thread. Broetzman has us off to a Bliss-ful start!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2019-20 Michigan Tech Season Thread. Broetzman has us off to a Bliss-ful start!

Last year's Stanley Cup winning goalie, Jordan Binnington, gives a nice shout out for Pheonix Copley, on this week's Spittin Chiclets episode at the 1:13:30 mark.
    Originally posted by mtu_huskies
    "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
    Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
    Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

• Re: 2019-20 Michigan Tech Season Thread. Broetzman has us off to a Bliss-ful start!

For crying out fciking loud, hit the gdammn net!

Comment

Tech is 0-10 this season when giving up 3 goals.

Comment

• What an absolute joke.

Comment

• Originally posted by redwing61 View Post
            And they've only scored more than 3 seven times.

Comment

So you pulled your passive goalie because he gave up two passive goals, and replace him with the other passive goalie who proceeds to give up three more passive goals. 5 goals on 13 shots.

This is hot garbage.
              Last edited by John J. MacInnes; 02-07-2020, 07:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by redwing61 View Post
                doubt that stat is going to change. and with the Lakers getting so many goals winning the weekend may be out of reach.
                Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Well, with this one chalked up as a likely L, the only thing left to salvage will be the WC. Only 6 times has Tech lost the first game on Friday of Carnival and won the two-game goal series.

1951 - lost 4-3 to MSU, won 4-2
                  1953 - lost 2-1 to MSU, won 5-2
                  1955 - lost 4-2 to UM, won 4-1
                  2013 - lost 5-4 to UAA, won 6-1
                  2017 - lost 3-2 to FSU, won 5-2
                  2018 - lost 4-2 to Bemidji, won 5-1

So that means the Huskies have never recovered from more than a 2 goal deficit to win Carnival.

Comment

If I'm Robbie Beydoun and I don't get the start tomorrow, I'm in the transfer portal.

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
                      If I'm Robbie Beydoun and I don't get the start tomorrow, I'm in the transfer portal.
                      and I can bet you money that he won't be...because if he was going to be tomorrow, he probably would have played tonight or at some other point since November...
                      Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

• Originally posted by Lost_Husky View Post
                        There are several examples. Alex Smith, Bryce, Rockwell, many of the Sophomores,...
                        Alex Smith has stayed flat if not gone backwards, Bryce definitely suffers from confidence issues and would be far better if he had a longer leash, Rockwell slightly improved. Sophomores don't count yet. See what they do the next 2 years. Too many guys that had promising freshman and sophomore years are now non existent for it to be a desire issue.
                        Just my opinion. Coach em up!

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                          and I can bet you money that he won't be...because if he was going to be tomorrow, he probably would have played tonight or at some other point since November...
                          Coach said post-game “we’ll start Beydoun tomorrow and see how that goes.”
                          Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                          USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
                            Coach said post-game “we’ll start Beydoun tomorrow and see how that goes.”
                            I guess I'm wrong but I couldn't believe he pulled Jurusik but didn't pull Pietila.
                            Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                              I guess I'm wrong but I couldn't believe he pulled Jurusik but didn't pull Pietila.
                              I certainly hope Robbie shows that keeping him out all this time was a mistake because we have not had good goaltending. And watching our defense get turned week after week is discouraging.

We also seem to think covering someone means standing next to them.
                              MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Going into last night's game Tech gave up 64 GA (including 2 ENG) in 31 games. I don't think its right to point a finger at goaltending for a 2.06 average. The offence hasn't been clicking for the last month which I believe is a bigger factor than goaltending/team defence.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X