Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2019-20 Michigan Tech Season Thread. Broetzman has us off to a Bliss-ful start!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2019-20 Michigan Tech Season Thread. Broetzman has us off to a Bliss-ful start!

Academically, Tech has a huge advantage over every other WCHA school. NCHC as well. The ECAC schools don’t seem to have a problem leveraging that. We need to be as competitive as they are for the kids that are not going the Canadian junior’s route.
    Go Huskies!

Comment

• Re: 2019-20 Michigan Tech Season Thread. Broetzman has us off to a Bliss-ful start!

Originally posted by redwing61 View Post
      Dickinson has committed to Ohio State.
      Originally posted by Redridge View Post
      A life choice mistake for sure.
      this.

I love how Dirk and Dave call it the "Nacho League".
      Originally posted by mtu_huskies
      "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
      Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
      Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Great goaltending last night. And in an arena that is unfriendly to the visitors.
        MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
          this.

I love how Dirk and Dave call it the "Nacho League".
          Doesn't everyone call it the Nacho League? Even Nacho League teams?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post
            Doesn't everyone call it the Nacho League? Even Nacho League teams?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
            Love it! You heard it first right here on the USCHO fan forum!
            Boosh Factor 4

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
              Great goaltending last night. And in an arena that is unfriendly to the visitors.
              Why I not the coach: Last night I was *****in because Beydoun didn't get the start.

Good game.
              Boosh Factor 4

Comment

One change apiece for the rematch tonight.

Marcus Russell makes way for Greyson Reitmeyer for the Huskies. And the word is that Ferris will start Austin Shaw in goal in place of Roni Salmenkangas.

Comment

I thought Salmenkangas was pretty good last night, hopefully the Huskies can abuse the backup a little tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrum Bucket View Post
                    I thought Salmenkangas was pretty good last night, hopefully the Huskies can abuse the backup a little tonight.
                    He made some big saves but 3 GA on 18 Shots is never good enough...Joe would be benching Salmenkangas for that performance...3 on 18 scoring chances isn't good enough for Joe...
                    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

another good game.
                      Boosh Factor 4

Comment

It was a better finish tonight. Not because we got the empty netter. Because we didn’t let the puck flop around in our crease for about 30 seconds.
                        Go Huskies!

Comment

It was a better finish tonight. Not because we got the empty netter. Because we didn’t let the puck flop around in our crease for about 30 seconds.
                          It was a better finish for sure. I wish we could play every shift the way we did the last few minutes of the game last night. Suddenly found an intensity that we haven't seen that often this season. It was nice to see.

Comment

Originally posted by The Troll mtu86 View Post
                            It was a better finish for sure. I wish we could play every shift the way we did the last few minutes of the game last night. Suddenly found an intensity that we haven't seen that often this season. It was nice to see.
                            Speaking of intensity. Is Ray Brice the leading goal scorer on the team since January 1?
                            And second, if I was asking for one thing, it would be for us to play faster. Seems like we slow down vs these grind teams.

And yes, a more efficient pp would be very nice too. I mean some teams, like BG, are at 25%.

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                              Speaking of intensity. Is Ray Brice the leading goal scorer on the team since January 1?
                              And second, if I was asking for one thing, it would be for us to play faster. Seems like we slow down vs these grind teams.

And yes, a more efficient pp would be very nice too. I mean some teams, like BG, are at 25%.
                              Close:
                              https://collegehockeyinc.com/stats/f...oring&sort=pts
                              Broetzman and Halonen have 5 while Brice has 4...interestingly enough he has zero assists.
                              Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

As much as I'd like to finish with home ice, I don't see it. NMU has 4 games to go and are at LSSu. They have four chances to get 6 points. Not that hard. BG has 4 games two vs FSU and at Huntsville for two. Hard to see them not winning most of those. Alaska has two with UAA. At least a split.

I figure we are 6th and could very well be at BG.

Comment

Working...
                                X