Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2019-20 Michigan Tech Season Thread. Broetzman has us off to a Bliss-ful start!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2019-20 Michigan Tech Season Thread. Broetzman has us off to a Bliss-ful start!

It is rumored that Joe did go through some sensitivity/media relations training. I believe that to be a result of the Az St game, chrissy dilks interaction and Gould situation. And probably an overall polishing up of how to best speak of players publicly on JSH and whatnot. I'm not reading too much into it as I'm sure most public figures at universities/companies receive this training in one form or another. I would say I have noticed a difference in the way he talks about his players postgame or on JSH.

Comment

Re: 2019-20 Michigan Tech Season Thread. Broetzman has us off to a Bliss-ful start!

Originally posted by StevieYnot View Post
      It is rumored that Joe did go through some sensitivity/media relations training. I believe that to be a result of the Az St game, chrissy dilks interaction and Gould situation. And probably an overall polishing up of how to best speak of players publicly on JSH and whatnot. I'm not reading too much into it as I'm sure most public figures at universities/companies receive this training in one form or another. I would say I have noticed a difference in the way he talks about his players postgame or on JSH.
      Training is great and all but you have to put into practice what you learn which is not so easy. It's the difference sometimes between how a head coach has to act and how an assistant can act. I'm glad he took it to heart. You're right, A lot of executives undergo it and that's how they get to move up. It's something that has to be learned for sure.
      MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

I made the sad mistake of watching the Fairbanks vs PSU game this evening. I just wanted to see how far away we were and it's a long way. The differences: PSU was very quick with the puck movement. The puck came back to the D and bang it was D to D in no time. There was overall much faster movement than we are used to watching.
        Second, PSU forwards had no qualms what so ever in dumping the puck in front down by the skates and looking for a dirty goal. They did it over and over from behind the net and got results twice.
        Three, they were really good at getting Alaska out of shape and in stretching the defense. They used their speed to advantage and Got at least one goal on a breakaway. Fairbanks looked so slow and so plodding in comparison. They had a few chances but in comparison to our 3 shots on goal in the first period, they had 10 and 30 for the game.
        It was men against boys vs a team we couldn't beat. !
        And last, the first goal was scored at 28 seconds of the first on what I thought was a deflection from over the goalie's head, but the refs counted it. PSU was very, very good at deflections. Defensively PSU was pretty average but that's all they need to be.
        Oh and their announcer is horrible!
        Last edited by manurespreader; 10-17-2019, 10:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
          I made the sad mistake of watching the Fairbanks vs PSU game this evening. I just wanted to see how far away we were and it's a long way. The differences: PSU was very quick with the puck movement. The puck came back to the D and bang it was D to D in no time. There was overall much faster movement than we are used to watching.
          Second, PSU forwards had no qualms what so ever in dumping the puck in front down by the skates and looking for a dirty goal. They did it over and over from behind the net and got results twice.
          Three, they were really good at getting Alaska out of shape and in stretching the defense. They used their speed to advantage and Got at least one goal on a breakaway. Fairbanks looked so slow and so plodding in comparison. They had a few chances but in comparison to our 3 shots on goal in the first period, they had 10 and 30 for the game.
          It was men against boys vs a team we couldn't beat. !
          And last, the first goal was scored at 28 seconds of the first on what I thought was a deflection from over the goalie's head, but the refs counted it. PSU was very, very good at deflections. Defensively PSU was pretty average but that's all they need to be.
          Oh and their announcer is horrible!
          Sounds like a textbook description of a PSU game. Since they went D1, they have been very fast and play more of a puck possession game. Playing defense in there zone/goal keeping are thing they "struggle" with.

Unfortunately for us, we don't have the quantity of upper classmen to carry our team and allow a few outstanding Freshmen/Sophomores to play. While I think our recruiting classes have been very good, we are still rebuilding. Of the players we get, we won't consistently get the NHL/AHL ready freshman. While those players physically/mentally develop, we are going to have some down years.

It is disappointing to hear all the D-zone turnovers we have had. Granted it is early, but some of our upperclassmen D shouldn't be names called multiple times a game turning the puck over in our own zone. I hope the D pairs are staying after practice and working on some of those issues.

I was encouraged to hear that Joe is going to set the line-ups more on who can give us a chance to score goals over who can defend.

Comment

Huskies sweep WCHA player awards after week 1, get fat and sassy, get dumped twice at home.

Nanooks sweep at Tech and gets named CHN Team of the Week, get fat and sassy, get trucked at PSU.

An old lesson learned - don't read your own press clippings.

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
              Huskies sweep WCHA player awards after week 1, get fat and sassy, get dumped twice at home.

Nanooks sweep at Tech and gets named CHN Team of the Week, get fat and sassy, get trucked at PSU.

so then here is hoping BGSU beats the crap out of WMU on both games...

Comment

Never heard what the Alaska fans chose to do in their tour of Michigan,
                I was Debating about heading down to BG for the series, but not sure how the week will play out. I like Tech to play well off the bye and look for some fun and entertaining hockey this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Huskiefan906 View Post
                  Never heard what the Alaska fans chose to do in their tour of Michigan,
                  I was Debating about heading down to BG for the series, but not sure how the week will play out. I like Tech to play well off the bye and look for some fun and entertaining hockey this weekend.
                  It sounded like they were going to Pennsylvania (PSU games?) as well. Maybe we will hear a report this week.

Should be a good time at BG, except for hearing the same 3 songs played over and over again. The "Living Proof of the Second Law of Thermodynamics, The Cream of the Keweenaw, The Pride of Pastyland, The Second Best Feeling in the World" has spoiled me to all other pep bands.

Comment

I'll be there. That rink is so sad though, but at least it's better than Ferris.

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post

Then Penn State read the Daily Times and got slapped right back by the Nanooks!
                      "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

I'm headed down to BGSU this weekend. It will be the last nWCHA rink to check off my list... just in time for the n2WCHA conference shuffle.

Still debating about going to ASU this year. The only reason to go would be to help pack their rink with Tech fans as I certainly have no interest to see their current facility. If they make the tickets available, filling 50% of that rink with Tech alumni should be no challenge at all.
                        Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                        https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                        Originally posted by geezer
                        Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                        Originally posted by manurespreader
                        ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
                          I'm headed down to BGSU this weekend. It will be the last nWCHA rink to check off my list... just in time for the n2WCHA conference shuffle.

Still debating about going to ASU this year. The only reason to go would be to help pack their rink with Tech fans as I certainly have no interest to see their current facility. If they make the tickets available, filling 50% of that rink with Tech alumni should be no challenge at all.
                          Anyone pick a pre-game watering hole?

Comment

Originally posted by Lost_Husky View Post
                            Let me know if you need any suggestions.
                            Co-Founder/Editor of BGSUHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by Lost_Husky View Post
                              I’ll be at Rev’s both nights, shout me out and I’ll buy a round.

Comment

I was watching the Mankato vs UND game this last weekend and afterward Coach Hastings was going on and on about playing Hard and how they were too soft and how UND was really hard.So it's not only Coach Joe who is talking about being hard. Also, it looked like UND played a very similar game to how BG plays, only harder.!

Comment

Working...
                                X