Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2019-20 Michigan Tech Season Thread. Broetzman has us off to a Bliss-ful start!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post
    How does Tech get a series at the Mac?

I could see it ending up with:
    BGSU 49
    MTU 47
    NMU 47
    UAF 46

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    The reverse with Fairbanks at 49 and BG is also a mathematical possibility. But judging by the play of UAH, highly unlikely.

Comment

• Re: 2019-20 Michigan Tech Season Thread. Broetzman has us off to a Bliss-ful start!

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
      I'm not sure how you figured Fairbanks has the highest win %.

Northern was 2-1-1 against Fairbanks and 2-0 against BG.
      I believe tie breaker #b) is the greater winning % in league play. I could be mistaken in how it is applied.

Comment

• Re: 2019-20 Michigan Tech Season Thread. Broetzman has us off to a Bliss-ful start!

Originally posted by mmf View Post
        If UAF and BGSU sweep, and NMU only takes two points vs MTU, all three (NMU,UAF,BGSU) end up at 49 points, and I believe UAF would have the tie breaker with a better winning % among the three and take the #3 spot. MTU would then travel to Alaska. Entertaining weekend ahead...who pulls a goalie in OT?
        The way I interpret the league tiebreaking procedure in your scenario with UAF/BGSU/NMU all finishing with 49 points is that NMU takes 3rd with the better better winning percentage (b) (0.536 v. 0.500) and UAF takes 4th place with fewer league losses (9) (9 v. 10). If I am correct, BGSU would visit UAF and Tech would beat NMU at the Litter Box.

Comment

Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post
          The way I interpret the league tiebreaking procedure in your scenario with UAF/BGSU/NMU all finishing with 49 points is that NMU takes 3rd with the better better winning percentage (b) (0.536 v. 0.500) and UAF takes 4th place with fewer league losses (9) (9 v. 10). If I am correct, BGSU would visit UAF and Tech would beat NMU at the Litter Box.

I'm not sure, but I would assume they count ties as .5 in the winning percentage calculation. So I come up with:

But I really don't know if this is correct or not. Probably a moot point since you guys will probably sweep NMU.

Comment

Originally posted by mmf View Post
            I'm not sure, but I would assume they count ties as .5 in the winning percentage calculation. So I come up with:

But I really don't know if this is correct or not. Probably a moot point since you guys will probably sweep NMU.
            It would be nice to know how they calculate winning percentage. It doesn't seem right to give both teams 0.5 win for a tie when one gets an extra point in the standings for a 3x3 or skill exhibition win. One could argue they should get more towards their winning percentage.

It was a lot easier when ending a game in a tie didn't cause the universe to implode.

Comment

• Originally posted by mmf View Post

If this is indeed how it finishes, then NMU's win total decides it.

The first tiebreaker of head-to-head only applies when all tied teams have played 4 games against each other. NMU and BG only played twice, and Fairbanks and BG only played twice. That's out, skip to step 2.

Tiebreaker #2 is number of conference wins. NMU has 15, the others have 14. NMU gets 3rd.

Comment

Tiebreaker #2 is number of conference wins. NMU has 15, the others have 14. NMU gets 3rd.
                Thats what I thought too but the language for tiebreaker b) on the WCHA website says "team with the greater winning percentage in League games will be granted the higher seed." So I'm not sure how they calculate winning percentage.

Tiebreaker c) states "the team with the greater number of League wins (in regulation or 5-on-5 overtime) will be granted th he higher seed." Witch makes me think b) refers to only regulation wins.

In which case NMU has 15 v. 14 for Alaska and BG like I stated above.

Comment

If this is indeed how it finishes, then NMU's win total decides it.

The first tiebreaker of head-to-head only applies when all tied teams have played 4 games against each other. NMU and BG only played twice, and Fairbanks and BG only played twice. That's out, skip to step 2.

I believe the #2 tie breaker is winning percentage:

b) If two (2) or more teams are still tied (or all tied teams have not played four (4) contests against one another), then the team with the greater winning percentage in League games will be granted the higher seed.

Only if all three teams had the same winning percentage would we go to the #3 tie breaker which is regulation/ot wins. I'll stop mucking up your thread. I doubt you guys will travel to Fairbanks, but it is realistic scenario.

Comment

I saw Redmond got traded but it's from the ECHL affiliate. I mean, he's been in pro hockey what two years at least and he's still not even out of the ECHL. Maybe the decision to leave early wasn't in his best interest after all. AGENTS! Sigh.
                    MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                      I saw Redmond got traded but it's from the ECHL affiliate. I mean, he's been in pro hockey what two years at least and he's still not even out of the ECHL. Maybe the decision to leave early wasn't in his best interest after all. AGENTS! Sigh.
                      really depends on what kind of signing bonus he got. This would have been his senior year at MTU if you can believe it.
                      Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                        It is hard to blame him for leaving. He was a 21 year old freshman and he had a good run. Making your way as a pro undrafted goalie isn't easy.

Comment

still crazy to think that Redmond (which means no Jurusik) and Reinke could be seniors right now...along with Tommy Beretta, Gavin Gould, Chris Gerrie and Erik Pedersen...(the last 2 never played D1 again)
                          Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                            still crazy to think that Redmond (which means no Jurusik) and Reinke could be seniors right now...along with Tommy Beretta, Gavin Gould, Chris Gerrie and Erik Pedersen...(the last 2 never played D1 again)
                            Technically Gould hasn't played D-I again, sitting this season out but will probably skate for BGSU next season, and Beretta's season at Vermont is, shall I say, less than spectacular with about 5 points for the season.

Comment

When are National Letters of Intent for incoming recruits signed?

Comment

Originally posted by Lost_Husky View Post
                                When are National Letters of Intent for incoming recruits signed?
                                This is from last year, but a guideline anyway.

http://collegehockeyinc.com/articles...ter-intent.php

Comment

Working...
                                X