Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2019-20 Michigan Tech Season Thread. Broetzman has us off to a Bliss-ful start!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2019-20 Michigan Tech Season Thread. Broetzman has us off to a Bliss-ful start!

Originally posted by geezer View Post
    Welp.... if the series is canceled Tech won’t lose.
    If Mankato cancels the series, they forfeit, right?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

• Re: 2019-20 Michigan Tech Season Thread. Broetzman has us off to a Bliss-ful start!

I don't mean to distract from the playoff focus, but Matt Roy is quietly having a great season with Los Angeles, playing in all 69 games and leading the team with a +15 rating (Kopitar is second at +7, and most regulars are in the negatives). He's got one more year on his contract, and he's on his way to earning a really nice raise.

Comment

• Originally posted by MavsFan View Post
        C'mon Suze. The shots on goal were 53-14. So don't act like Anchorage played evenly with MSU up until the end. You got outstanding goaltending on Saturday night or it wouldn't have been close at all.

I'm really looking forward to this weekend. I always enjoy having the Tech fans in town. They're loud and boisterous, but not obnoxious. They're fun to have in the building.
        I echo this sentiment and look forward to seeing quite a few Tech fans and a few from this board(past and present) in Mankato!

As was mentioned earlier, please indulge in Pagalais Pizza at some point in your trip — I’m a sucker for the deep dish, but they have excellent cheese, sauce, and toppings as well.
        AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

• Originally posted by redwing61 View Post
          I don't mean to distract from the playoff focus, but Matt Roy is quietly having a great season with Los Angeles, playing in all 69 games and leading the team with a +15 rating (Kopitar is second at +7, and most regulars are in the negatives). He's got one more year on his contract, and he's on his way to earning a really nice raise.

In other news, Joel L'Esperance is tied for most goals for the Texas Stars. He's 2nd in points for the Stars, Tanner Kero 3rd. Hoping for another call up. Would imagine Joel gets a nice extension for 2021 and beyond.

Big Husky weekend. Tarps off boys, let's get physical!
          The U.P. should be the 27th star on Old Glory.

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
            As was mentioned earlier, please indulge in Pagalais Pizza at some point in your trip — I’m a sucker for the deep dish, but they have excellent cheese, sauce, and toppings as well.
            I've lived in Mankato for nearly 22 years now, but I'm originally a Chicagoan. There are great pizza places all over the Chicago ares. When I first moved here, everybody told me I had to get a Pagliais pizza, so I did. I was completely unimpressed. I have never gone back. Maybe I should give them another try.
            My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

• Originally posted by MavsFan View Post
              I've lived in Mankato for nearly 22 years now, but I'm originally a Chicagoan. There are great pizza places all over the Chicago ares. When I first moved here, everybody told me I had to get a Pagliais pizza, so I did. I was completely unimpressed. I have never gone back. Maybe I should give them another try.
              Pagliais has great pizza. It’s sota style though so you have to like that.
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Mankato won't be canceling the games, if it happens, it comes from the WCHA.
                Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

I'm assuming Flo will still broadcast the games. Has anyone heard that they won't?

Comment

Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post
                    I'm assuming Flo will still broadcast the games. Has anyone heard that they won't?

if there are games, there will be media to broadcast them.
                    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

The WCHA just cancelled the rest of the playoffs.

http://www.wcha.com/men/articles/202...-cancelled.php

Comment

• Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
                        The WCHA just cancelled the rest of the playoffs.

http://www.wcha.com/men/articles/202...-cancelled.php
                        Sad! I hoped they would just roll without fans in attendance.
                        Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                        USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by redwing61 View Post
                          He got a nice shout out on this Thursday's episode of Spittin Chiclets. Although Biz called him Matthew WAH. The other guys corrected him - "he's and American" "it's ROY"
                          Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                          "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                          Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                          Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Fun fact to file away for the off-season - Griffin Loughran amassed 33 minutes in penalties against Michigan Tech in 2019-20 (not counting the 3 extra minutes he escaped being charged with in OT#2 in the Saturday playoff game).

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
                              Fun fact to file away for the off-season - Griffin Loughran amassed 33 minutes in penalties against Michigan Tech in 2019-20 (not counting the 3 extra minutes he escaped being charged with in OT#2 in the Saturday playoff game).
                              Does that include the game he will sit out next fall? They count that as 10 minutes, right?

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
                                should have been 13 more if called correctly.

Comment

Working...
                                X