Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2019-20 Michigan Tech Season Thread. Broetzman has us off to a Bliss-ful start!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
    "The NMU guys"
    NMU guy’s...
    "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

• Re: 2019-20 Michigan Tech Season Thread. Broetzman has us off to a Bliss-ful start!

I don't like our chances IN Mankato. Prove me wrong, Huskies! Please!
      Originally posted by mtu_huskies
      "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
      Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
      Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

• Re: 2019-20 Michigan Tech Season Thread. Broetzman has us off to a Bliss-ful start!

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
        What this is coming down to for me is this: if offside is really becoming this important for replay, then it's time to mandate fixed blue line cameras just like the overheads.
        Schools can't even get decent cameras/feeds for the streaming broadcasts.... I don't see this happening.
        Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
        FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
        NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
        NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
        NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
        NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
        Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
        Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

Originally posted by beaverhockeyfan View Post
          Schools can't even get decent cameras/feeds for the streaming broadcasts.... I don't see this happening.
          then don't overturn calls based on ****ty information I don't see how the refs could have possibly seen anything definitive to overturn the call of a good goal on the ice. But of course no one talks to the media or fans from the league so we have no **** clue why they made the call they did.
          Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post

What this is coming down to for me is this: if offside is really becoming this important for replay, then it's time to mandate fixed blue line cameras just like the overheads.
            From the info that came out of the NHL, they had 14 plays this year that would have allowed a goal but was called offside. That is about once every 75 games. If that is the average in the WCHA too, I find it ridiculous that the league would spend so much time and energy on reviewing offside. Let the linesmen do their job. The league and officials should worry more about injury potential plays like a spear to the balls.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

I'd like to see the league spend a little more money of refs. Maybe we'd get a little higher quality. In Fairbanks during a pp for BG, the puck went out of the offensive zone. There was no linesman in position and so when it came back in 3 seconds later there was no offsides call.
              MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                NMU guy’s...
                Since your Nowledge of punctuation far exceeds the hockey Nowledge of your broadcast partner Saturday night. I willingly concede the point. You win. Figure you guys need to walk away with at least one win this weekend.
                Last edited by The Troll mtu86; 03-09-2020, 02:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by beaverhockeyfan View Post
                  Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                  then don't overturn calls based on ****ty information I don't see how the refs could have possibly seen anything definitive to overturn the call of a good goal on the ice. But of course no one talks to the media or fans from the league so we have no **** clue why they made the call they did.
                  Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                  I'd like to see the league spend a little more money of refs. Maybe we'd get a little higher quality. In Fairbanks during a pp for BG, the puck went out of the offensive zone. There was no linesman in position and so when it came back in 3 seconds later there was no offsides call.
                  This is exactly why replay needs to be dumped. If you don't have the camera angles needed why bother. Having refs simply take their best guess at it is a total joke. That goes for reviewing goals that go in off a high stick too.

And I agree with MS, take the money the league would be wasting on cameras and put it into improving the quality of the refs in the league.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Troll mtu86 View Post
                    Since your Nowledge of punctuation far exceeds the hockey Nowledge of your broadcast partner Saturday night. I willingly concede the point. You win. Figure you guys need to walk away with at least one win this weekend.
                    I don’t have a broadcast partner.
                    "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

I don’t have a broadcast partner.
                      Who was doing color? You had someone else there making some comments.

Comment

Originally posted by The Troll mtu86 View Post
                        Dave has the talent of playing two characters at once. Saves money for NMU so they can pay the refs to protect Loughran.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Troll mtu86 View Post
                          Nope. Only time I had a color man this year was when the gentleman that does the color on the TV broadcasts joined me for the Michigan State series.

Comment

• Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post
                            Dave has the talent of playing two characters at once. Saves money for NMU so they can pay the refs to protect Loughran.

😂

Comment

Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post

LOL he's pretty dang good at it then. Could've sworn it was two different voices at times.

Nope. Only time I had a color man this year was when the gentleman that does the color on the TV broadcasts joined me for the Michigan State series.
                              Well then I gotta lay it on you. There is no such thing as a 10 minute Major. You called Tech's misconduct penalty a 10 minute major at least twice.

I'll call it even with my missing apostrophe and still concede you the win.

Comment

Would have enjoyed listening to that north-of-the-bridge duo.

It's kind of tough with two pxp guys, but I've always wanted to hear Dirk and Dave team up to do a game. They'd have to take turns doing colour.

Comment

Working...
                                X