Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2019-20 Michigan Tech Season Thread. Broetzman has us off to a Bliss-ful start!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2019-20 Michigan Tech Season Thread. Broetzman has us off to a Bliss-ful start!

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
    It is only accessible by school officials, I believe only coaches. Players can leak information about themselves, I believe Beydoun and Meek were both posted on twitter by others while I broke the news on Donohue and Noble...as one of guys that broke the news about the first two said, it's "Just word of mouth. Stuff like that gets around."
    [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
      all 3 are early graduates who can play right away somewhere else.
      Graduating early from Michigan Tech is hard enough. These guys did it riding a bus each weekend. Hats off to each of them.
      Go Huskies!

Comment

• Re: 2019-20 Michigan Tech Season Thread. Broetzman has us off to a Bliss-ful start!

Donohue is heading to St. Cloud State.

https://www.therinklive.com/college/...ansfer-to-SCSU

Comment

Originally posted by redwing61 View Post

Nice article.

Hard to be upset as he graduated. Wish him all the best, except when he plays Tech.

Wonder if Joe will look for a transfer or get a new recruit to fill that slot?

Comment

Originally posted by redwing61 View Post

Where he will ride the pine.
            MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
              Popular careers for graduates of St. Cloud State's Master's in Sports Management program:

Financial and fundraising operations
              Marketing and promotions coordinator
              Facilities operations and gameday management
              Compliance officer
              Sports ticketing
              Athletic academic advising
              Sports information/media relations
              Athletic coaching
              Athletic director
              Yikes. Sounds like credential creep in action for all but the last one...

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                I don't think he'll have any problem making the lineup...how big a role, Idk
                Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                  I don't think he'll have any problem making the lineup...how big a role, Idk
                  2nd or 3rd pairing. 2nd PP unit.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

He had problems dealing with Joe (because he had occasional problems on the ice), I doubt he will find it easier at SCSU.
                    Go Huskies!

Comment

Originally posted by Redridge View Post
                      He had problems dealing with Joe (because he had occasional problems on the ice), I doubt he will find it easier at SCSU.
                      They do play on big ice so a premium on skating and fewer teams play the trap in their league. that might help some. I never looked at him as a super strong skater. I liked him generally, but he did seem to have brain fade sometimes.

And to be fair, the amount of focus it requires is high. It's very easy to lose focus and make a mistake.
                      MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Not to be argumentative, and maybe I overvalue his offensive skill, but I think Donohue is a great skater. I re-watched some games today and I think he was the most dynamic offensive d man on the team. He had more than his share of turnovers, but we don’t have another player of his quality to step into that role yet, except maybe Gotz.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scrum Bucket View Post
                          Not to be argumentative, and maybe I overvalue his offensive skill, but I think Donohue is a great skater. I re-watched some games today and I think he was the most dynamic offensive d man on the team. He had more than his share of turnovers, but we don’t have another player of his quality to step into that role yet, except maybe Gotz.
                          He added a lot to the team. He was a top 4 Dman, played on the PP, and a consistent 15+ point per season contributed.

The graduation of him and Ford are going to require our Dmen to step up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lost_Husky View Post
                            He added a lot to the team. He was a top 4 Dman, played on the PP, and a consistent 15+ point per season contributed.

The graduation of him and Ford are going to require our Dmen to step up.
                            The 2nd half slide overlapped with Ford’s injury. We started playing better immediately after he returned. Not sure if it was leadership, or just a steadying influence in the back. He will be missed for sure.
                            Go Huskies!

Comment

Originally posted by Redridge View Post
                              The 2nd half slide overlapped with Ford’s injury. We started playing better immediately after he returned. Not sure if it was leadership, or just a steadying influence in the back. He will be missed for sure.
                              unselfish play...its amazing what it can do to a team when a leader plays the way the coach wants and doesn't care about stats because he's already decided he's going into the military instead of continuing his hockey career.
                              Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                                unselfish play...its amazing what it can do to a team when a leader plays the way the coach wants and doesn't care about stats because he's already decided he's going into the military instead of continuing his hockey career.
                                I didn’t know he was going into the military. Great for him. He escaped being labeled a Badger for the rest of his life, played some great hockey for us, diploma, and now service to our country. BZ
                                Go Huskies!

Comment

Working...
                                X