Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2019-20 Michigan Tech Season Thread. Broetzman has us off to a Bliss-ful start!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2019-20 Michigan Tech Season Thread. Broetzman has us off to a Bliss-ful start!

Originally posted by Redridge View Post
    But, we finished the season with an awesome 3rd OT goal. We finished the season with a sweep. Over NMU.
    Not too often you can end a season with a win. A playoff sweep against NMU in the Litter Box just makes it a little bit sweeter.

This team will give us a lot of good hockey over the next few years.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post
      Not too often you can end a season with a win.
      Was 1981 our last season that ended in a win?
      Go Huskies!

Comment

• Re: 2019-20 Michigan Tech Season Thread. Broetzman has us off to a Bliss-ful start!

yes
        Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Offhand I would think so. In the old WCHA all ten teams made the playoffs so unless they won a WCHA third place game 1981 would be the last time. I don't recall when the WCHA dropped the 3rd place game.

Comment

Final Five. RIP
            Go Huskies!

Comment

Final Five. RIP
              I sure hope the CCHA keeps on campus Championships.

Comment

Here is some interesting Tech trivia.

Best win % all time.
                Mike Fay. .708
                One hundred years ago.
                Go Huskies!

Comment

The next season, 1922. Bill Murdoch. 0.000%
                  Go Huskies!

Comment

IMHO, the highlight of the season was beating Marv's team to win the GLI. Second, beating Northern in the WCHA tourney.
                    "Don't believe everything you read on the Internet"
                    Abe Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by Burnt Orange Husky View Post
                      IMHO, the highlight of the season was beating Marv's team to win the GLI. Second, beating Northern in the WCHA tourney.
                      I can almost guarantee that season ending sweep of NMU will be a top 10 moment of the 2020s.
                      Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                        I can almost guarantee that season ending sweep of NMU will be a top 10 moment of the 2020s.
                        I hope it doesn't make the cut.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnt Orange Husky View Post
                          agree.
                          Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                          "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                          Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                          Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post
                            I hope it doesn't make the cut.

In some ways I agree with you, but this has a lot going for it, the drama (3OTs, a poor little flopping man), controversy (the disallowed goal), the rivalry (NMU), the stakes (WCHA playoffs and NMU's season on the line), the setting (the Litter Box/Liberry), add in the the historic context (the last game of the season, unknown at the time) and you have a compelling story. Yes it isn't going to get a banner in the rafters, but all things considered it is a great victory.

Personally I hope there are many WCHA championsips and NCAA Tournement wins to eclipse this, but even then,

Comment

Originally posted by Lost_Husky View Post
                              In some ways I agree with you, but this has a lot going for it, the drama (3OTs, a poor little flopping man), controversy (the disallowed goal), the rivalry (NMU), the stakes (WCHA playoffs and NMU's season on the line), the setting (the Litter Box/Liberry), add in the the historic context (the last game of the season, unknown at the time) and you have a compelling story. Yes it isn't going to get a banner in the rafters, but all things considered it is a great victory.

Personally I hope there are many WCHA championsips and NCAA Tournement wins to eclipse this, but even then,
                              A totally agree with everything you wrote. I was just making a comment that I sure hope this is not the pinnacle of Tech hockey in the 2020s.

Comment

Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post
                                A totally agree with everything you wrote. I was just making a comment that I sure hope this is not the pinnacle of Tech hockey in the 2020s.

Same here. I want to see a WCHA and many CCHA banners hung in the JMac.

Realistic goals for 2020-2021 (no particular order)

Home Ice in WCHA playoffs
                                Beating NMU
                                Win a game against MnSU
                                Beat the teams we should beat
                                Win the GLI
                                Get better every day

Comment

Working...
                                X