Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2019-20 Michigan Tech Season Thread. Broetzman has us off to a Bliss-ful start!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2019-20 Michigan Tech Season Thread. Broetzman has us off to a Bliss-ful start!

Since you are all sitting at home bored as heck with no hockey to watch, now is a good time to dig through your attic, basement, barn, that room full of stuff... Dig out that old Huskies jersey you never wear anymore. Turn that old jersey in cash or upgrade to a new model. I have a this new offering for trade...

Thanks,
    Ryan
    info@johnsonsjerseys.net

Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
    https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
    Originally posted by geezer
    Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
    Originally posted by manurespreader
    ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

• Re: 2019-20 Michigan Tech Season Thread. Broetzman has us off to a Bliss-ful start!

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
      Since you are all sitting at home bored as heck with no hockey to watch, now is a good time to dig through your attic, basement, barn, that room full of stuff... Dig out that old Huskies jersey you never wear anymore. Turn that old jersey in cash or upgrade to a new model. I have a this new offering for trade...

Thanks,
      Ryan
      info@johnsonsjerseys.net

Ryan,
      When did they switch from Reebok to CCM?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post
        Ryan,
        When did they switch from Reebok to CCM?
        They started wearing the new CCM set last season (2018-19). The CCM is more of a "square/traditional" cut and lighter weight than the Reebok Edge version. The main difference is that the stripes on the CCM jerseys are integral to the body fabric, not a bunch of pieces of each color all sewn together. The team cut the nameplates off the original set and reattached them to the CCM set. They also removed all the neck laces, I'm assuming to reuse those as well. Kind of penny pinching to the Nth degree in my opinion, but that's their choice. I can't believe the man-hours they spent to do that work was less expensive than just putting new nameplates on the jerseys. What is a new nameplate? $10-$15ea? What is a new neck lace? $1ea? I've hear there are Tech alumni out there who will write checks to prevent this sort of work, but for some reason they rarely seem interested in such offers.

Below is an example of the new jersey before names, numbers and neck laces were added as well as the photo the team posted on Twitter the day they started cutting off all the nameplates.

Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
        https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
        Originally posted by geezer
        Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
        Originally posted by manurespreader
        ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
          Below is an example of the new jersey before names, numbers and neck laces were added as well as the photo the team posted on Twitter the day they started cutting off all the nameplates.

Seeing the stitch remover makes me sad.

I got hooked on game worn jerseys in college, as I won a couple NMU game worn jerseys my sophomore year. Both jerseys were of players who had graduated/left the team and were unaltered. Was disappointed when they started taking the nameplates off and putting graduated players on the back instead (there is a #30 Tarkki (Zaniboni's jersey) at the Berry that makes me cringe). Then after I graduated they started to just take *every* name plate off before raffling.

Now NMU has changed their policy again, and they're retaining every jersey, not altering them, and offering the ones players aren't given/purchase for sale in a few years. I prefer the new un-altered policy, but I'm a little antsy to donate to my alma mater and get a few now.
          “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
            What is a new nameplate? $10-$15ea? What is a new neck lace? $1ea? I've hear there are Tech alumni out there who will write checks to prevent this sort of work, but for some reason they rarely seem interested in such offers.
            Gotta keep those jobs available for students to earn some beer money.

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
              Now NMU has changed their policy again, and they're retaining every jersey, not altering them, and offering the ones players aren't given/purchase for sale in a few years. I prefer the new un-altered policy, but I'm a little antsy to donate to my alma mater and get a few now.
              Do they have an open/garage sale? Or just randomly sell them online?
              Current NCAA D-I rinks I've been to:

AHA:
              B1G: UMich, MSU, UMinn, Notre Dame, OSU, UWisc
              CCHA: BSU, BG, FSU, LSSU, MSU, MTU, NMU
              ECAC:
              HEA: UMass
              NCHC: Miami, UMD, UND, SCSU, WMU
              Independant: ASU

Inactive: UAH, ASU, BSU, UMD, UND, NMU, Notre Dame

Comment

• Originally posted by moose97 View Post
                Do they have an open/garage sale? Or just randomly sell them online?
                Neither. Other than offering them to players/players family, they're hanging onto the rest of then for now and will offer them for sale to the public later.

Man, when that prize closet gets posted for sale though....

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Neither. Other than offering them to players/players family, they're hanging onto the rest of then for now and will offer them for sale to the public later.

Man, when that prize closet gets posted for sale though....
                  This is a Tech Hockey forum. I will kindly ask you to stop the #NMUSucks talk before we contact the Houghton PD to and ask for the Mildcat removal treatment.

Comment

Originally posted by Lost_Husky View Post
                    This is a Tech Hockey forum. I will kindly ask you to stop the #NMUSucks talk before we contact the Houghton PD to and ask for the Mildcat removal treatment.
                    It's bad enough that Grampa Tony complained enough that he got the rest of the NCAA Hockey Season canceled after MTU swept them out of the playoffs...now this?
                    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                      It's bad enough that Grampa Tony complained enough that he got the rest of the NCAA Hockey Season canceled after MTU swept them out of the playoffs...now this?
                      [emoji1787][emoji23][emoji1787]

Comment

• Originally posted by Lost_Husky View Post
                        Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post

What's sad is that I think there has been better discussion of NMU in these MTU threads then there has been in the NMU threads.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

What's sad is that I think there has been better discussion of NMU in these MTU threads then there has been in the NMU threads.
                          Well, there's a certain poster who thinks he "owns" the NMU thread and seems to ruin it for everyone else
                          Current NCAA D-I rinks I've been to:

AHA:
                          B1G: UMich, MSU, UMinn, Notre Dame, OSU, UWisc
                          CCHA: BSU, BG, FSU, LSSU, MSU, MTU, NMU
                          ECAC:
                          HEA: UMass
                          NCHC: Miami, UMD, UND, SCSU, WMU
                          Independant: ASU

Inactive: UAH, ASU, BSU, UMD, UND, NMU, Notre Dame

Comment

Originally posted by moose97 View Post
                            Well, there's a certain poster who thinks he "owns" the NMU thread and seems to ruin it for everyone else
                            He's a "donor" don'tcha know...a real bigshot.

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
                              They started wearing the new CCM set last season (2018-19). The CCM is more of a "square/traditional" cut and lighter weight than the Reebok Edge version. The main difference is that the stripes on the CCM jerseys are integral to the body fabric, not a bunch of pieces of each color all sewn together. The team cut the nameplates off the original set and reattached them to the CCM set. They also removed all the neck laces, I'm assuming to reuse those as well. Kind of penny pinching to the Nth degree in my opinion, but that's their choice. I can't believe the man-hours they spent to do that work was less expensive than just putting new nameplates on the jerseys. What is a new nameplate? $10-$15ea? What is a new neck lace? $1ea? I've hear there are Tech alumni out there who will write checks to prevent this sort of work, but for some reason they rarely seem interested in such offers.

Those are sharp sweaters!
                              "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

So let's say it's now October and the virus has subsided. But I haven't had it yet. Do you think I'm going to go to a Hockey game? I'm exposed there and being there is no vaccination yet, I'm not showing up.
                                I understand the NFL is considering playing with no or very few fans this coming fall.
                                MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Working...
                                X