Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2019-20 Michigan Tech Season Thread. Broetzman has us off to a Bliss-ful start!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
    really depends on what kind of signing bonus he got. This would have been his senior year at MTU if you can believe it.

From what I can find his salary is 70K with a 92.5K signing bonus. He also has up to 32K performance bonus but probably doesnt qualify playing in the ECHL.
    Not a terrible living but it probably comes to an end after this season. Contracts up and isn't playing enough to have any value. Just my opinion based on stats.

Comment

• Ouch! The Cats have fallen apart lately. Unacceptable to be handed your **** at home in such a manner. Now, if all you engineers could design a chin strap that doesn’t fail...😉

Comment

• Re: 2019-20 Michigan Tech Season Thread. Broetzman has us off to a Bliss-ful start!

It all comes down to one game - 3rd, 4th, 5th or 6th. Tech currently sits in 6th and controls their own destiny to finish 5th. They could climb as high as 3rd with help from UAA and UAH who both had late leads but ultimately lost last night. The Huskies dug themselves a hole and have never climbed out of it. Assuming BGSU, UAF and Tech all win tonight, Tech will be on the road for all of their playoff games and in my opinion they will be in the spot their season earned them.

Assuming that 5th place finish with MSU, BSU, BGSU and UAF above them, Tech would have a total of one win over the teams ahead of them (UAF) and two single-point ties (BSU, BGSU). When you couple that with two losses to teams that won't even make the playoffs, it's hard to make a case for home ice. Tech has been up against this road scenario before and come out on top but this is a team that was scoring on average 2.2 goals per game before last night. Tech would likely have to go through both MSU and Bemidji to reach the NCAA tourney and those teams average scoring 4.1 and 3.7 goals per game respectively.

For now, we'll hope for some help and another strong win at home, over their rival, on Senior night then around 1am ET, we'll know where all the chips have fallen.

Take care of our business first and then slip on the UAA jerseys and cheer like heck for a Seawolves win.
        Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
        https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
        Originally posted by geezer
        Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
        Originally posted by manurespreader
        ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

• Re: 2019-20 Michigan Tech Season Thread. Broetzman has us off to a Bliss-ful start!

I'd be curious what our record is with Ford out of the line up vs what it is with him in.
          MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Well, back to NMU next weekend. Of all the teams the Huskies could face, I think NMU is the best matchup. The only team above them they beat multiple times and the travel couldn't be easier. Heck, they could come home every night and treat it like home games. Another positive for the Huskies, only UAA, FSU and UAH gave up more goals this season than NMU. (Although you wouldn't know it tonight as Tech was right on pace for the 2.4 average scoring pace.)
            Last edited by JohnsonsJerseys; 02-29-2020, 07:39 PM.
            Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
            https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
            Originally posted by geezer
            Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
            Originally posted by manurespreader
            ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Heartbreaker..

Comment

I can't count the number of times this year I have shouted because we hold onto the puck too long before we shoot..

Comment

• Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                  I can't count the number of times this year I have shouted because we hold onto the puck too long before we shoot..
                  Datema doesn't. Looking forward to more of him.

Comment

• Tech women are HUSKY! 😋

Comment

Originally posted by MOJO View Post
                      Tech women are HUSKY! 😋
                      and smart!
                      Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                      "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                      Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                      Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

so, we are off to Marquette for the playoffs? those will be some good games!
                        Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                        "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                        Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                        Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
                          so, we are off to Marquette for the playoffs? those will be some good games!
                          Go Huskies!

Comment

I went on line at tickets.nmu.edu to get tickets. I asked for two tickets but there was no sections available. I believe there might have been some singletons still out there in one corner section, but that's it.

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                              I went on line at tickets.nmu.edu to get tickets. I asked for two tickets but there was no sections available. I believe there might have been some singletons still out there in one corner section, but that's it.
                              I was curious and looked this morning. I saw probably 15-20 singles spread out over 5 or 6 sections. I wonder if they will release any mid-week like last week?

You can also get on a list if you call the MTU ticket office.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Was Friday’s game the best performance of the season?

Comment

Working...
                                X