Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2019-20 Michigan Tech Season Thread. Broetzman has us off to a Bliss-ful start!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2019-20 Michigan Tech Season Thread. Broetzman has us off to a Bliss-ful start!

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
    Same here.
    The AD did say on the radio last night that a new league was being formed. That's the closest thing to information we will get.I hate that it seems the Alaska schools and Huntsville are being shoved out.

I get that the university likes going there from an alumni point of view and the staff had fun out there, but I hope we don't have to play them anymore. It's not the easiest travel either. Yes the weather in the winter is good, but October isn't and it's 100 when school starts and ends.
    It's warm in Alabama too but we don't get all this fawning over it.

I'm sick to death of ASU getting three column inches of ink to 1 column inch for the rest of college hockey combined.

I also want to point out how lousy the locker room and other facilities were out there.
    MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

• Re: 2019-20 Michigan Tech Season Thread. Broetzman has us off to a Bliss-ful start!

There was also a similar gap of radio silence from the NCHC schools when they formed their conference.

Looking at some of the benchmarks set:
      July 2011 - League announced.
      August 2011 - League headquarters announced.
      Sept 2011 - Final two teams selected, making eight with rumors of more.
      Jan 2012 - CBSSN announces TV Package
      June 2012 - Target Center announced as home of the Championship.
      Mar 2013 - Logo unveiled.
      Mar 2013 - League schedule announced.
      Oct 2014 - First games played as new league.

If we use this as a roadmap, we're slightly behind pace* by not announcing a league office or tentative "full" slate of schools. (I mean, seven can work, but between bye weeks and non-conference games, it would be tough from a scheduling standpoint).

* We dont know what hasn't been made public yet, obviously.
      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
        How do you entice people to play there? Simply ask a team from the Midwest or Northeast, “ would you like to come to Arizona in (Nov, Dec, Jan, Feb)? Look how easy it’s been to recruit an NCAA Tournament team in a short time. Just ask.
        I was thinking more along the lines of how do you entice players. I guess based on our winter so far the same logic could apply.

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
          The AD did say on the radio last night that a new league was being formed. That's the closest thing to information we will get.I hate that it seems the Alaska schools and Huntsville are being shoved out.

I get that the university likes going there from an alumni point of view and the staff had fun out there, but I hope we don't have to play them anymore. It's not the easiest travel either. Yes the weather in the winter is good, but October isn't and it's 100 when school starts and ends.

I'm sick to death of ASU getting three column inches of ink to 1 column inch for the rest of college hockey combined.

I also want to point out how lousy the locker room and other facilities were out there.
          Not only is ASU, like BGSU, a D-I school, but they're a name D-I school.

GFM
          Geof F. Morris
          UAH BSE MAE 2002
          UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post

There seems to be a big push by college hockey to expand in Pac 10 country. The fact that ASU is a name school in a Power 5 conference and a winter vacation destination makes them a hub for potential growth (Pac 10).

They are also a big wild card in the college hockey landscape being that they are not affiliated with a conference. It also gives the college hockey media something new and completely different to write about.

That said, I don't understand why the college hockey media is so hush hush about St Thomas?

Comment

Another big weekend of hockey. We need all the wins and points we can get.

Go Tech!

Comment

Originally posted by Lost_Husky View Post
                That said, I don't understand why the college hockey media is so hush hush about St Thomas?
                I don't think there is a lot to be said about St. Thomas yet. They are petitioning the NCAA for a waiver to go from D-III directly to D-I and and join the Summit League for all sports except Football and Men's and Women's Hockey, until that is decided, it is a moot point. IIRC, it goes to the NCAA this month.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

An interesting Q&A interview with coach Joe on CHN

Comment

Originally posted by TheDee View Post
                    An interesting Q&A interview with coach Joe on CHN
                    Yes it was. My favorite take away from Joe's comments, "We need to perform at a higher level than those players." Those players being high profile recruits with other programs.
                    The U.P. should be the 27th star on Old Glory.

Comment

Originally posted by walktheline View Post
                      Yes it was. My favorite take away from Joe's comments, "We need to perform at a higher level than those players." Those players being high profile recruits with other programs.
                      It's the old adage that hard work beats high-end talent when high-end talent doesn't work equally hard.

Comment

I like that he is more interested in guys that will stick around and not be "one and done". I think there is a lot of value in those guys.

Comment

Interesting article and podcast as the Tech vs BG series is game of the week this weekend.
                          MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Hearing that there is some kind of bug working its way through the locker room. Multiple players are affected and this may impact who's available for the weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
                              Hearing that there is some kind of bug working its way through the locker room. Multiple players are affected and this may impact who's available for the weekend.
                              Seems to happen at least once per season. Much better to happen on a home weekend than with a travel roster, busses and hotels. But it's a big series and Tech will need everyone playing at their best, even if they are all healthy.

Comment

• Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
                                Flu casualties:

Gotz
                                Datema
                                Ford
                                Parrottino
                                Reitmeier
                                Russell

In the lineup:

Watson
                                Kiilunen
                                Buckley
                                Raisanen
                                Crespi
                                Brice
                                Last edited by John J. MacInnes; 01-10-2020, 06:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X