Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2019-20 Michigan Tech Season Thread. Broetzman has us off to a Bliss-ful start!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2019-20 Michigan Tech Season Thread. Broetzman has us off to a Bliss-ful start!

Originally posted by redwing61 View Post
    Would've been my last choice of the three (maybe the staff's too), but hey! I'm getting pretty good at this!
    not really surprised. I would have figured one way or another (even coming in as a walk on) he would end up at Tech. I know he was getting scouted by Joe right after his Senior year when he played in the CCM HS Tourney in Minn. At that time Joe had not yet been named HC. Jed also played on that Copper Country Midget National Championship team that year.

At that time (high school season), if he hadn't broken his jaw playing pick-up, I thought he might have given Crespi a challenge for Michigan Mr. Hockey. I always felt Jed was the better all around skater. I think the shift to D kinda proved that. As well as a better all around game. Crespi was always more of a straight line speed, big time shot guy. I thought Jed brought a little more versatility to his game. I guess now we'll get to see if that assessment was accurate or not.

He may well be just a depth guy as SG suggests, but I won't be surprised at all to see him skate his way into the lineup.

Comment

• Re: 2019-20 Michigan Tech Season Thread. Broetzman has us off to a Bliss-ful start!

Originally posted by The Troll mtu86 View Post
      He may well be just a depth guy as SG suggests, but I won't be surprised at all to see him skate his way into the lineup.
      I'm certainly not a qualified scout, and with what I've read and heard about him, I don't think having another Pietila on the team is a bad thing.

Even if he is nothing more than a depth guy, his attitude on and off the ice will help the team. He will push those playing in front of him to keep their jobs and he will give Joe a solid option should there be an injury (at defence or forward - Leibinger 2.0).

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post
        I'm certainly not a qualified scout, and with what I've read and heard about him, I don't think having another Pietila on the team is a bad thing.

Even if he is nothing more than a depth guy, his attitude on and off the ice will help the team. He will push those playing in front of him to keep their jobs and he will give Joe a solid option should there be an injury (at defence or forward - Leibinger 2.0).

You never know about young players. There certainly has been quite a few who turn it on about 23 yrs old and are very valuable.
        MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
          You never know about young players. There certainly has been quite a few who turn it on about 23 yrs old and are very valuable.
          I'm guessing he will be more than a depth guy. That may just be wishful thinking.

Comment

Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post
            I'm guessing he will be more than a depth guy. That may just be wishful thinking.

I think he's another Rockwell. A guy brought in with low expectations and low scholarship $ committed with the chance to be way more than that.
            Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

• Originally posted by redwing61 View Post
              Would've been my last choice of the three (maybe the staff's too), but hey! I'm getting pretty good at this!
              Erkkila’s headed to NMU. Dickinson to Ohio St.
              "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                I think he's another Rockwell. A guy brought in with low expectations and low scholarship $ committed with the chance to be way more than that.
                If he is willing to put in the work/attention to detail like Rockwell and is D that can effectively jump up on a play, that will be a nice chess piece for Joe to use.

Any word on a 3rd goalie?

Comment

Originally posted by Lost_Husky View Post
                  If he is willing to put in the work/attention to detail like Rockwell and is D that can effectively jump up on a play, that will be a nice chess piece for Joe to use.

I read a couple of articles (I don't remember the sites, or I'd link them) about him and his route to Tech. I don't think we need to question whether he's willing to put in the work.

If he plays Joe's type of "hard" game, I think he can be a nice addition to the roster.

Comment

Originally posted by Lost_Husky View Post

Third Goalie is "signed" but they're waiting on the grad transfer paperwork from what I hear. I would expect an announcement shortly, but I thought that last week.
                    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Third Goalie is "signed" but they're waiting on the grad transfer paperwork from what I hear. I would expect an announcement shortly, but I thought that last week.
                      We're waiting...

Comment

I have zero inside info, and do not know for sure that these players are graduating, but two goalies who fit the profile based on academics, hometown, and puck-stopping ability are Dyllan Lubbesmeyer (Robert Morris) and Luke Kania (Brown).

Comment

But is he a good one? An actual potential starter, or just a third body behind Blake and the Freshman?

Comment

Originally posted by The Troll mtu86 View Post
                            But is he a good one? An actual potential starter, or just a third body behind Blake and the Freshman?
                            Won't matter, Joe will publicly say all three of them are capable of starting.

Comment

Nice story on Jed Pietila:

https://www.livingstondaily.com/stor...la/2997066001/

Comment

Originally posted by redwing61 View Post
                                Thank you for sharing. Sounds like he likes to run point on the PP, which we need with graduation losses.

Comment

Working...
                                X