Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2019-20 Michigan Tech Season Thread. Broetzman has us off to a Bliss-ful start!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2019-20 Michigan Tech Season Thread. Broetzman has us off to a Bliss-ful start!

I think Parrottino just scored again.

GFM
    Geof F. Morris
    UAH BSE MAE 2002
    UAHHockey.com

Comment

• Re: 2019-20 Michigan Tech Season Thread. Broetzman has us off to a Bliss-ful start!

Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post
      The refs were having nothing of the Loughran's diving and Dirk made a couple mentioned of it.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
      I would agree but Laughran also got mugged a couple of times with no call. And so did a couple of other of their players. It was surprising to me that NMU had airtight defense thru 1.75 periods but as soon as we scored the first one it collapsed.
      MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

• Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
        I would agree but Laughran also got mugged a couple of times with no call. And so did a couple of other of their players. It was surprising to me that NMU had airtight defense thru 1.75 periods but as soon as we scored the first one it collapsed.
        He seems to flop around on the ice like a lake trout every time he gets bumped, looking for a call. Followed by spearing guys with a butt end after whistles. He’s in for a short weekend if he thinks NMU style hockey will win playoff games. The refs can see right through it and they’re much less likely to play along in playoff games.
        Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
        USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
          He seems to flop around on the ice like a lake trout every time he gets bumped, looking for a call. Followed by spearing guys with a butt end after whistles. He’s in for a short weekend if he thinks NMU style hockey will win playoff games. The refs can see right through it and they’re much less likely to play along in playoff games.
          I'm guessing that video got around and the refs are keeping an eye on him...
          Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
            I'm thinking the play at centre ice with Halonen? and Loughran would have been 2 for holding had Loughran not embellished it. The referee had the choice to call them both or let them play. There were relatively few penalties in the game. I think if there were more, they both would have been called.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Great game last night, after a slow start Tech really took care of business. Need to weather NMU's first 10 minutes tonight and bring it tonight.

Those 3 plays by Tommy P last night showed how driven he is. Total compete, total effort, and quickly becoming Mr. Clutch....

Comment

Great win Tech! Great team effort. We have some things to clean up, but overall they are getting better.

Comment

In game one in Marquette today, Calumet mercied Gaylord 11-1 in D3 state quarterfinal. Moving on to play the private hockey academies in Plymouth next week. I take it as a good sign.
                  Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
                    In game one in Marquette today, Calumet mercied Gaylord 11-1 in D3 state quarterfinal. Moving on to play the private hockey academies in Plymouth next week. I take it as a good sign.
                    Go Copper Kings!

Comment

Sounds like NMU was gifted this OT. Looked offside live, though.

Comment

• Originally posted by HuskyDut View Post
                        Sounds like NMU was gifted this OT. Looked offside live, though.
                        NMU television guys said they had a clear look which the refs don’t have access to, and saw his back leg was onside. Why in the world aren’t all the views available to the refs? They’re left to just take a guess?

Comment

I don't believe that the broadcast has a view not available to the officials. Based on what I saw on Twitter, I'm assuming the refs felt his trailing skate was off the ice. So he was no longer in contact with the neutral zone when the puck entered and it became an offsides play.
                          Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                          https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                          Originally posted by geezer
                          Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                          Originally posted by manurespreader
                          ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
                            I don't believe that the broadcast has a view not available to the officials.
                            They said they do. Maybe one of them snapped a Polaroid or made a quick courtroom sketch 😁
                            If they see tape of Bliss getting tackled we will see a quick makeup call to start the 2OT.
                            Last edited by geezer; 03-07-2020, 08:24 PM.

Comment

Flohockey wasn't flowing for me this weekend. I'm ok with Dirk and Phil - they do a great job. Until ... half way through the OT the feed failed. Epic fail. I think the service is over loaded down here with snowbirds downloading Farmville, or whatever. Oh? I am a snowbird? Shut the f^ up! I want my hockey! So what happened????? who Won???
                              Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                              "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                              Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                              Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

• Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
                                Flohockey wasn't flowing for me this weekend. I'm ok with Dirk and Phil - they do a great job. Until ... half way through the OT the feed failed. Epic fail. I think the service is over loaded down here with snowbirds downloading Farmville, or whatever. Oh? I am a snowbird? Shut the f^ up! I want my hockey! So what happened????? who Won???
                                3OT upcoming 😳

Comment

Working...
                                X