Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2019-20 Michigan Tech Season Thread. Broetzman has us off to a Bliss-ful start!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2019-20 Michigan Tech Season Thread. Broetzman has us off to a Bliss-ful start!

Originally posted by Lost_Husky View Post
    Same here. I want to see a WCHA and many CCHA banners hung in the JMac.

Realistic goals for 2020-2021 (no particular order)

Home Ice in WCHA playoffs
    Beating NMU
    Win a game against MnSU
    Beat the teams we should beat
    Win the GLI
    Get better every day
    I want to see Joe Shawhan's 119th win in 2023...or sooner hopefully
    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

• Re: 2019-20 Michigan Tech Season Thread. Broetzman has us off to a Bliss-ful start!

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
      I want to see Joe Shawhan's 119th win in 2023...or sooner hopefully
      I like this coach
      Originally posted by mtu_huskies
      "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
      Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
      Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

I want to go 0-for-the-decade against Tech in the nCCHA.

GFM
        Geof F. Morris
        UAH BSE MAE 2002
        UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by Lost_Husky View Post
          Same here. I want to see a WCHA and many CCHA banners hung in the JMac.

Realistic goals for 2020-2021 (no particular order)

Home Ice in WCHA playoffs
          Beating NMU
          Win a game against MnSU
          Beat the teams we should beat
          Win the GLI
          Get better every day
          Also, beating the weasels at home would be good. Aren't they confirmed to be visiting Houghton this fall?

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
            Also, beating the weasels at home would be good. Aren't they confirmed to be visiting Houghton this fall?
            You mean Marv and his Skunkheads? Didn't the Matriarch of Tech Hockey confirm that at Winter Carnival? That will be a fun series. I hope Marv isn't self quarantined and actually comes to stand behind the visitors bench. Can't wait to see the Misfits roll out the red carpet to welcome him back.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by fadetoblack&gold View Post
              also, sweeping the weasels at home would be good. Aren't they confirmed to be visiting houghton this fall?
              fyp.
              MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Well one more D man off the Board. Tim Erkkila commits to northern. Not really a surprise. But I had heard as recently as a month ago that Tech was still being considered.. Wishing him the best of luck. Except when he's playing against the Huskies.

Comment

Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post
                  Can't wait to see the Misfits roll out the red carpet to welcome him back.
                  This will be epic!
                  Boosh Factor 4

Comment

Kyle Van Compernolle recently signed with Nanaimo (BCHL) and they posted audio of an interview with him. Strictly boilerplate, but it includes the Tech recruiting process boilerplate.

https://soundcloud.com/nanaimoclippe...an-compernolle

Comment

I wonder how the coach is going to spin Donahue leaving and you have to ask yourself, where is he going to go because I seriously question if there will even be a season next for anyone.
                      MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                        I wonder how the coach is going to spin Donahue leaving and you have to ask yourself, where is he going to go because I seriously question if there will even be a season next for anyone.
                        Hopefully with the truth, which hopefully is innocuous. Perhaps he's decided against pursuing pro hockey and simply wants to get a Master's in accounting or an MBA from a good program. Although Joe definitely threw Seamus under the bus once on his radio show.

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                          If Seamus graduates this spring, I don't think Joe needs to spin it at all. It's not like last year when Gould et al left.

I also don't see Joe wanting players on the team that don't want to be there. If Seamus sees an opportunity for another degree from another school, it's crazy to think he would pass it up.

Comment

• Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                            .......... I seriously question if there will even be a season next for anyone.
                            Hold on now negative Nancy. We can’t have that kind of talk here....

Comment

Watched the GLI while running on the treadmill yesterday against Michigan State. Logan Ganie had a terrific GLI. His performance against NMU to end the year was also very positive.
                              I think he is a sleeper for next year as well.

Alex Smith ended the "senioritus" dropoff of past seniors this year. We need Reitmeier to have his best year as a Husky. He has had very big moments in his career. Hope he goes out with a bang.

Have to be optimistic at this point, we cannot have the 100th season delayed as we are setup for it way better than the Wings were to enter LCA.
                              Last edited by Huskiefan906; 03-22-2020, 07:30 PM.

Comment

Don't even think about cancelling our 100th year season!! So much work has been put into making it special.
                                Boosh Factor 4

Comment

Working...
                                X