Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2019-20 Michigan Tech Season Thread. Broetzman has us off to a Bliss-ful start!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post
    Going into last night's game Tech gave up 64 GA (including 2 ENG) in 31 games. I don't think its right to point a finger at goaltending for a 2.06 average. The offence hasn't been clicking for the last month which I believe is a bigger factor than goaltending/team defence.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    The issue I have is the one I pointed out. With three goalies you aren't uncomfortable playing, you can play the right one at the right time. Beydoun plays a different battle than the other two and he's also shown he's been capable of playing in relief over his career. Pietila has not had that experience. WC is also an emotional series and Beydoun is much more capable of providing that.

Comment

• Re: 2019-20 Michigan Tech Season Thread. Broetzman has us off to a Bliss-ful start!

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
      The issue I have is the one I pointed out. With three goalies you aren't uncomfortable playing, you can play the right one at the right time. Beydoun plays a different battle than the other two and he's also shown he's been capable of playing in relief over his career. Pietila has not had that experience. WC is also an emotional series and Beydoun is much more capable of providing that.
      I don't disagree. Beydoun probably would have been a better choice to replace Jurusik last night. But I don't fault Joe for not playing him when goals against has not been the problem.

Comment

• Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post
        I don't disagree. Beydoun probably would have been a better choice to replace Jurusik last night. But I don't fault Joe for not playing him when goals against has not been the problem.

Sounds like since he didn't dress tonight that there's more behind any Jurusik issue. Joe made a covert allusion to it in his pregame interview. Jurusik seems to have some pretty wild extremes.

Comment

• Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
          Sounds like since he didn't dress tonight that there's more behind any Jurusik issue. Joe made a covert allusion to it in his pregame interview. Jurusik seems to have some pretty wild extremes.
          Hopefully we are not creating a new goaltending issue, to match (cover) the scoring troubles. I thought Jurusik had been pretty solid, probably the only area I never really comment/ complain about.
          Go Huskies!

Comment

• Re: 2019-20 Michigan Tech Season Thread. Broetzman has us off to a Bliss-ful start!

Nice goal by Alex Smith to win it in OT. Smith line with 4 goals tonight.
            Go Huskies!

Comment

Nice to see Smith get one. And nice to get the win for Brice in what will probably be his final game at home.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Troll mtu86 View Post
                Nice to see Smith get one. And nice to get the win for Brice in what will probably be his final game at home.
                I would assume he'll play against NMU on Senior Night.

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
                  I would assume he'll play against NMU on Senior Night.
                  my bad, forgot about that one.

I'll rephrase that - nice to see Brice enjoy a win in his last WC game
                  Last edited by The Troll mtu86; 02-08-2020, 08:01 PM.

Comment

I liked what Russell brought tonight, his energy is a good addition.
                    Joe keeps talking about the top 9, but we really only have a top 6.
                    After Smith with Broetzman, and Pietila’s line, the third line has not had a lot of success. I would say put Saretsky, Misiak and Reitmeier together and leave it as the third line, then go with Brice, Russell and Ganie and see if the 3rd and 4th can get it going for the playoffs.

Comment

• Originally posted by redwing61 View Post
                      I wouldn't be surprised if the only freshman defenseman next year is a late-bloomer who hasn't committed yet (like, say, Tim Erkkila, Ryan Dickinson or Jed Pietila, all of whom are from Brighton/Howell and have been nominated for NAHL defenseman of the month at least once this season).
                      Dickinson has committed to Ohio State.

Comment

Originally posted by redwing61 View Post
                        Dickinson has committed to Ohio State.
                        boo.
                        Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                        "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                        Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                        Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

A life choice mistake for sure.
                          Go Huskies!

Comment

So is he the one that Joe said "went to a big school" when asked about recruiting on the Joe Show last Monday?

Comment

Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post
                              So is he the one that Joe said "went to a big school" when asked about recruiting on the Joe Show last Monday?

Did anyone else here from previous shows that we loose recruits because of our league and that might be the reason people are looking to get away from certain teams?

Comment

Originally posted by Lost_Husky View Post
                                Did anyone else here from previous shows that we loose recruits because of our league and that might be the reason people are looking to get away from certain teams?
                                It has been mentioned a few times. I don't blame recruits. I would guess most of them don't want college hockey to be the highest level they play. Most probably feel that the other leagues gives them better competition and more exposure to get to that next level.

Comment

Working...
                                X