Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2019-20 Michigan Tech Season Thread. Broetzman has us off to a Bliss-ful start!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2019-20 Michigan Tech Season Thread. Broetzman has us off to a Bliss-ful start!

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    Thank goodness for the late comeback. I thought I was going to throw something across the room and break it when UAA scored that shortie to take the lead.
    Too bad they didn't win!! Sounds like they played great, and Carlson played greater!! I really enjoyed listening to your play by play guy, very classy.
    Originally Posted by aparch
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

• Re: 2019-20 Michigan Tech Season Thread. Broetzman has us off to a Bliss-ful start!

Originally posted by Suze View Post
      Too bad they didn't win!! Sounds like they played great, and Carlson played greater!! I really enjoyed listening to your play by play guy, very classy.
      I may be a little biased. But Dirk is one of the best in the business.

One thing I've noticed with him is that he usually will use the opponent's names. A lot of times I hear radio guys just use the team name. Not nearly as professional.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post
        I may be a little biased. But Dirk is one of the best in the business.

One thing I've noticed with him is that he usually will use the opponent's names. A lot of times I hear radio guys just use the team name. Not nearly as professional.

What I like best about him is he is not a homer. If the Huskies are playing bad he'll just say it.

Comment

Originally posted by giwan View Post
          What I like best about him is he is not a homer. If the Huskies are playing bad he'll just say it.
          A skill he honed while cutting his teeth during the JR years.

Comment

• Originally posted by giwan View Post
            He gives credit when credit is due and he isn’t condescending like Mankato’s guy.
            I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

• Originally posted by Suze View Post
              I really enjoy listening to Dirk. It is nice he is not monotone. His voice changes depending on game situations. If one team has a good scoring chance or applying heavy pressure you hear it in his voice. Adds that extra dimension to give the listener a better idea of what is going on.

Comment

Originally posted by Lost_Husky View Post
                I really enjoy listening to Dirk. It is nice he is not monotone. His voice changes depending on game situations. If one team has a good scoring chance or applying heavy pressure you hear it in his voice. Adds that extra dimension to give the listener a better idea of what is going on.
                I totally agree. UAA's Kurt Haider is very much the same kind of play by play guy. He is very unbiased and gets excited when a player makes an excellent play, and it doesn't matter which jersey said player is wearing. I wish every team had guys this good!

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Should be fun tonight. Brice had the flu this weekend.

Comment

Well, it wasn't always pretty but Tech got the job done vs. UAA this year. If they overlook that leaky third goal and look at the whole weekend, I think the Seawolves' goalie is going to ruin a couple teams' seasons between now and late February.

Interestingly, while we host Clarkson next weekend, MSU will host ASU in East Lansing. These NC series should both be good measures of how 'for real' the Huskies and the Fartans are going into their GLI match-up. If you asked two months ago, I don't think anyone expected State to be above .500 at this point in the season.

Comment

Good weekend all and all, congrats to the guys, looking forward to the next stretch though January.

Payback for Clarkson series last year, GLI - hey remember winning it is important to our program!, and just get out without injury and just win against ASU.
                      Bliss and Halonen appear to be heating up.

Comment

Well, it wasn't always pretty but Tech got the job done vs. UAA this year. If they overlook that leaky third goal and look at the whole weekend, I think the Seawolves' goalie is going to ruin a couple teams' seasons between now and late February.

Interestingly, while we host Clarkson next weekend, MSU will host ASU in East Lansing. These NC series should both be good measures of how 'for real' the Huskies and the Fartans are going into their GLI match-up. If you asked two months ago, I don't think anyone expected State to be above .500 at this point in the season.
                        well it helps that the Big Ten is kinda terrible...
                        Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                          well it helps that the Big Ten is kinda terrible...
                          True. I don't think Michigan is quite as bad as their record, and I don't think MSU is quite as good as their record. Right now, it's only a difference of a couple of one-goal games.

Comment

Amazing foreshadowing by the thread title. It is true, Broetzman and another acquisition has my holidays off to a Bliss-ful start!

I would be willing to trade the Broetzman for another Huskies game worn jersey. Top of my list would be the camo style that was worn for one game a couple seasons back. Still looking...

Ryan

Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                            https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                            Originally posted by geezer
                            Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                            Originally posted by manurespreader
                            ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

True. I don't think Michigan is quite as bad as their record, and I don't think MSU is quite as good as their record. Right now, it's only a difference of a couple of one-goal games.
                              Michigan IS as bad as their record, and maybe even a little worse. MSU is punching above their weight right now for sure, but still a lot better than recent years.

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
                                Michigan IS as bad as their record, and maybe even a little worse. MSU is punching above their weight right now for sure, but still a lot better than recent years.
                                But is Tech above Sparty's weight?

Comment

Working...
                                X