Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2019-20 Michigan Tech Season Thread. Broetzman has us off to a Bliss-ful start!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2019-20 Michigan Tech Season Thread. Broetzman has us off to a Bliss-ful start!

Broetzman on the breakaway...wow.

Comment

• Re: 2019-20 Michigan Tech Season Thread. Broetzman has us off to a Bliss-ful start!

Well, I was pretty disappointed in the game. We had exactly 2 shots in the last ten minutes. Clarkson is one of the best if not the best, at shutting you down in the third if they have the lead. They did that last year as well. Our energy level was lower in this game I thought than last night. I expected that we'd have put some other players in for this game. Just to keep fresh legs. We are getting better but man it's hard losing like this and I would think the pk needs some real work.
      Last edited by manurespreader; 12-14-2019, 07:52 PM.
      MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Aaaaugh! Penalties absolutely killed us. Dirk had a hard time pulling up, at the end of the game. (So did I). I thought coach was actually more centered after the game.
        Go Huskies!

Comment

Originally posted by Redridge View Post
          Aaaaugh! Penalties absolutely killed us. Dirk had a hard time pulling up, at the end of the game. (So did I). I thought coach was actually more centered after the game.
          I think their skill caused a lot of those penalties.

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
            We are getting better but man it's hard losing like this and I would think the pk needs some real work.
            I agree. I just wish we'd be a little faster on the learning curve. We keep seeing the same loss over and over again going back to last season. MSUm and BG games last season come to mind. Have the lead, and game in control take a dumb penalty and we lose

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
            I think their skill caused a lot of those penalties.
            It didn't cause the penalty that killed us.
            Last edited by The Troll mtu86; 12-14-2019, 09:36 PM.

Comment

I thought it was telling that Friday in the third we were able to turn the defense regularly. On Saturday, even on the pp, we dumped it in.

Comment

A little less jump in our game and some good adjustments by Clk in their game

Comment

I suspect there was some previously bad blood between the two guys involved in that penalty prior to it happening. And I found it quite ironic that the team, ( Clarkson) who specializes in getting away with penalties of all sorts, worked the refs effectively to get penalties called on us pretty much all game. Not that we were innocent, but usually a lot of those get let go.

Comment

We will be recording another episode of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast tonight with guest Shane Frederick, so please send us your questions (MTU, MSU, or WCHA). Drop us an email: ChasingMac@techhockeyguide.com
                    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Rewatched the three-goal burst. Seems like all three the shooters used the defender as a screen and were able to move in closer than comfortable before shooting. I think our shot-blocking has to be better technique-wise. The second thing about this last weekend. Clarkson was able to shut us down on Saturday almost completely and on Friday only a fairly lucky bounce got us the tieing goal. I'd say our third-period offensive play could use some refining and review.

Comment

due to injury (hit in knee cap by hockey puck) (that's my story and I sticking to it) (I won't admit I fell off a chair) and travel I've missed some of the games. can some one give me a quick update? How are we looking overall this year? Is a MacNaughton win a reality or fantasy? How about making the Frozen 16? I know Mankato is red hot, how about the other WCHA teams? Speaking of the WCHA ... the Alaska teams? UAH?
                        Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                        "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                        Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                        Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
                          due to injury (hit in knee cap by hockey puck) (that's my story and I sticking to it) (I won't admit I fell off a chair) and travel I've missed some of the games. can some one give me a quick update? How are we looking overall this year? Is a MacNaughton win a reality or fantasy? How about making the Frozen 16? I know Mankato is red hot, how about the other WCHA teams? Speaking of the WCHA ... the Alaska teams? UAH?
                          Listen fo THG's Chasing Mac podcast for all things Huskies Hockey and WCHA.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
                            you could just take some time to listen to our podcast
                            anchor.fm/chasingmacpod
                            Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Excellent choice

Comment

Merry Christmas Tech fans! I’m looking forward to Christmas in the Copper Country!
                                "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Working...
                                X