Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2019-20 Michigan Tech Season Thread. Broetzman has us off to a Bliss-ful start!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2019-20 Michigan Tech Season Thread. Broetzman has us off to a Bliss-ful start!

it's not actually hockey but definitely worth a listen.
    https://www.velonews.com/2019/12/pod...testing_503046
    MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

• Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post
      But is Tech above Sparty's weight?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
      State's two high end talent guys are better than anyone on the Tech roster (Khodorenko and Lewandowski), but they have precious little scoring depth and a struggling PP.

Lethemon's numbers are good, but he does not pass the eye test. He looks nervous and uncomfortable almost the whole game. Wisconsin hit four posts on Friday night, and missed three empty nets - but all the stat sheets shows is a shutout.

Comment

• Re: 2019-20 Michigan Tech Season Thread. Broetzman has us off to a Bliss-ful start!

We're recording episode 4 of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast tonight, any questions about MTU or the WCHA? We'll be joined by Drew Evans from BGSUHockey.com tonight, so if you have anything for him let us know that too! Please send your questions to ChasingMac@TechHockeyGuide.com
        Last edited by Shirtless Guy; 12-09-2019, 11:12 AM.
        Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Just my opinion but if we want to beat Clarkson we have to step up our game some. These games are really big if you ask me.

Comment

I'm not so convinced about Clarkson.

They've played only two games of their 15 against teams that currently have a winning record, and that puts their strength of schedule at 53rd out of 60.

Yes, they're 6-1-1 on the road. But their 8 road games have been against teams with a current combined record of 31-58-4 (2 at Michigan, 2 at Wisconsin, 1 each at Union, RPI, Brown, and Yale).

This is by far their biggest road test so far.

Comment

Marotte has good numbers, he’s nowhere near that good, our defense plays heavy and our forwards are all very responsible defensively. Early departures have really hurt us in terms of competing for national championships but we have a pretty consistent program. Brosseau and Egle are great seniors and they’ll play on a line with Josh Dunne (who Michigan Tech recruited) and that’s probably the best line in our league. The 2nd line lately has been Jacome - Tsekos - Callin, crafty skilled line but results are inconsistent. Bottom 6 all can produce but don’t usually, they know their role and they play it well. Our PP has been very good lately and our PK is as good as I’ve seen around the country. I’ll be interested to see Bliss, Gotz, Meek, Meek was a former Clarkson commit and we had high interest in Bliss and believe we didn’t take Gotz because he doesn’t fit our defensive system which I see as a mistake.

Best of luck, I have a lot of respect for Michigan Tech coming out to Potsdam last year, it’s going to be a 4 year thing with Michigan Tech coming back out next year and us returning the following. It’s tough to get NC opponents to come that far, Minnesota State already backed out for next year and in a lot of the B1G/HE/NCHC would never travel to get beat, although I respect Wisconsin for finishing our original arraignment.
              Last edited by techtodenver; 12-11-2019, 11:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post

They've played only two games of their 15 against teams that currently have a winning record, and that puts their strength of schedule at 53rd out of 60.

Yes, they're 6-1-1 on the road. But their 8 road games have been against teams with a current combined record of 31-58-4 (2 at Michigan, 2 at Wisconsin, 1 each at Union, RPI, Brown, and Yale).

Last year Clarkson's D out muscled us, especially at the end of games. They should be good games.

Comment

I'm excited to watch them. The comments about the top line being the best in the ECAC is important. If you visit from Clarkson, definitely go see the old-time hockey exhibit at Dee stadium downtown. Houghton is the birthplace of professional hockey after all.. Also for me, seeing the Seamen Mineralogical Museum is really cool.

Comment

Are you convinced now.? It's all on tomorrow night and the two ASU games.

Comment

Tech was the better team, their goalie stole the tie.

Comment

Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post
                        Tech was the better team, their goalie stole the tie.

too many MTU players saw goalie tonight instead of net...especially Parrottino
                        Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                          too many MTU players saw goalie tonight instead of net...especially Parrottino
                          I thought Misiak saw a big goalie in the 2nd too.

Comment

• Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                            Are you convinced now.? It's all on tomorrow night and the two ASU games.
                            They showed some flashes. Offensively they're a one trick pony. But I will admit it's a pretty good trick.

Defense is big but got really slow as the game went on and they wore down. How many times did they get beat to the outside in the third?

Goaltending and a fair amount of luck got them a tie. On the balance I thought Tech shaded the game and probably deserved a W if either team did, but a tie was not unfair.

Comment

They showed some flashes. Offensively they're a one trick pony. But I will admit it's a pretty good trick.

Defense is big but got really slow as the game went on and they wore down. How many times did they get beat to the outside in the third?

Goaltending and a fair amount of luck got them a tie. On the balance I thought Tech shaded the game and probably deserved a W if either team did, but a tie was not unfair.
                              Agreed, but I think they were higher skill up front than anyone suspected and I thought also the goaltending on both sides was quite good.

Comment

They were rushing down the ice towards the end of the first to the second and we had no answer. As Joe said, then Tech got the momentum and the tide turned.
                                Several forwards were dumping the puck or getting rid of it way too soon in the first and during the Clarkson momentum swing.

We were buzzing all 3rd period, and had several good looks. Tech showed their speed. It was like dialing a potentiometer watching the swings.

Clarkson made me nervous, then I am sure Tech made them nervous. That forecheck and aggressiveness was impressive.

Reitmeier's goal was Jackson esque!!!!

Should be a great one tonight. We need the W.....
                                Last edited by Huskiefan906; 12-14-2019, 08:59 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X