Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2019-20 Michigan Tech Season Thread. Broetzman has us off to a Bliss-ful start!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2019-20 Michigan Tech Season Thread. Broetzman has us off to a Bliss-ful start!

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
    That's a really interesting pattern. I'm more than reasonably confident that it will break this weekend against a very poor Ferris team.
    especially at home compared to going to Ferris
    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

• Re: 2019-20 Michigan Tech Season Thread. Broetzman has us off to a Bliss-ful start!

Bliss and Jurusik are both up for the Hobey Baker
      Originally posted by mtu_huskies
      "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
      Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
      Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

and Blake Pietla (the forward not the goalie) has been called up by Anaheim
        Originally posted by mtu_huskies
        "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
        Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
        Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Interesting JSH. He went over a lot of topics. His talk about the current line-up, differences between the top and bottom teams, and transfers was insightful. Give it a listen.

Comment

Originally posted by Lost_Husky View Post
            Interesting JSH. He went over a lot of topics. His talk about the current line-up, differences between the top and bottom teams, and transfers was insightful. Give it a listen.
            Here's the link.

https://www.michigantechhuskies.com/...e_Shawhan_Hour

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

So starts the stretch of 8 straight games with zero margin for error. To be in position to host the first weekend of the playoffs, I think the Huskies need all 24 points available in the next 4 series.

A tall order for a team that hasn't won more than 4 in a row this season.

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
                So starts the stretch of 8 straight games with zero margin for error. To be in position to host the first weekend of the playoffs, I think the Huskies need all 24 points available in the next 4 series.

A tall order for a team that hasn't won more than 4 in a row this season.
                In all due respect, I think they're 2 games into a 10 game stretch with zero margin for error. One point from BGSU at home did that to them. Unless they get some favours from other teams.

Comment

They're just going to have to concentrate on finishing strong and getting momentum for conference playoffs. That's what matters now.

Comment

Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post
                    In all due respect, I think they're 2 games into a 10 game stretch with zero margin for error. One point from BGSU at home did that to them. Unless they get some favours from other teams.

They should have gotten more from BGSU and BSU but JJM is right. They don't "need" favors as the other 5 teams they're fighting for home ice all have tougher schedules remaining and MTU has games in hand on Alaska.
                    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                      They should have gotten more from BGSU and BSU but JJM is right. They don't "need" favors as the other 5 teams they're fighting for home ice all have tougher schedules remaining and MTU has games in hand on Alaska.
                      First and foremost we need to play hockey like we did at the GLI. What was that second half of the game after we went up 2? We should have dominated Ferris. Our guys need to stop being cute, make good secure passes and play Tech hockey.

If we play our game, we don’t need help. With the way we are playing, we may need some strategic game results.

Comment

What the )*$%(*$% happened to the offense the last three weeks?

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                          What the )*$%(*$% happened to the offense the last three weeks?
                          Difficult to stomach for sure. On the third goal I thought it looked more like High school than college. My expectations have definitely been ratcheted well back. Heck we might lose 1 next weekend also. I think home ice is toast and we'll be on the road at bemidji.

In the last few games at least 1 goal per game has been due to the other side getting a trailer loose and hitting him for a score. Add that to the anemic pp and well.... Not to mention that we all love to dust off the puck before we shoot.
                          Last edited by manurespreader; 01-25-2020, 08:38 PM.
                          MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

When you watch the highlight package there were some bounces that did not go our way, a couple posts and Ferris was committed to blocking shots.

While I agree this was not the best effort, Friday could also have gone the same way, but the Huskies benefitted from a great play by Brice similar to the Parrottino goal tonight.

There were enough chances to win 5-2, but we were not able to capititalize. It's not as bad as everyone is making it out. I think these last 3 weeks of getting knocked down will actually help us in Feb and March.

Comment

• Originally posted by Huskiefan906 View Post
                              When you watch the highlight package
                              there were some bounces that did not go our way, a couple posts and Ferris was committed to blocking shots.

While I agree this was not the best effort, Friday could also have gone the same way, but the Huskies benefitted from a great play by Brice similar to the Parrottino goal tonight.

There were enough chances to win 5-2, but we were not able to capititalize. It's not as bad as everyone is making it out. I think these last 3 weeks of getting knocked down will actually help us in Feb and March.
                              You are very optimistic. This year was always another rebuilding year. It didn’t seem like competing for home ice was an unrealistic goal for the team.

I give Alex Smith in his post game interview a lot of credit. Hopefully he and Ray can get after the guys to up their game.

Let’s Go Tech!

Comment

Calling it right now, no home ice.

The worst case scenario is a trip to Alaska, and that's still in play.

Comment

Working...
                                X