This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2020 Democratic Challengers Vi: The Undiscovered Country

I’m still convinced her supporters are all bots. I don’t have a theory about how she’s getting donations or polling, but no one on Twitter sounds like a human when they talk about her.
    Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      3. Appearance: "She's a veteran." Actuality: She did a BS tour specifically to burnish her resume for running for Congress. It's cynical.
      There's plenty of reasons to dislike Tulsi, but let's leave this one alone. The Bernie Bros all say the same thing about Buttigieg's service, and it's wholly unnecessary. They both went over there and served with distinction.

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
        ...does anyone care?

“BREAKING: Rep. Tulsi Gabbard says she may boycott the Democratic presidential debate next week despite qualifying for televised chance to reach millions of voters, accusing the Democratic National Committee and media of “rigging” the primary contest against outsider candidates such as herself.”
        The Russian Bots care!! WONT SOMEBODY THINK ABOUT THE FAKE PEOPLE!?!?!?!?
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
          There's plenty of reasons to dislike Tulsi, but let's leave this one alone. The Bernie Bros all say the same thing about Buttigieg's service, and it's wholly unnecessary. They both went over there and served with distinction.
          Yeah leave the Vet stuff out of the fight.
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I will not stop saying it. Her service is bullsh-t. I know somebody very well who knows her very well. If you can top that I'll be willing to listen. If not then you are arguing an abstraction against concrete knowledge so it's you who needs to stand down.

If Mayor Pete did his mil turn to polish up his resume then f-ck him, too.
            Last edited by Kepler; 10-10-2019, 11:45 AM.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
              People who don't know much abut her fall into the trap of supporting her because:

1. Appearance: "She's a Hindu. She's a religious minority." Actuality: No, she's not a Hindu, she belongs to a one man cult run by a fraudster named Chris Butler which the Hindus have specifically called out as a scam.

2. Appearance: "She's a person of color." Actuality: So's Ben Carson.

3. Appearance: "She's a veteran." Actuality: She did a BS tour specifically to burnish her resume for running for Congress. It's cynical.

4. Appearance: "She fought for justice against DWS and Hillary." Actuality: She kind of did. It was for career-building motives but still, that was actually useful.

5. Appearance: "She's anti-authoritarian." Actuality: When it suits her. She opposes some imperialism but she also virulently hates Muslims and loves Modi who is a corrupt tyrant. She also sucked up to Dump when she thought she had a shot at SecDef.
              Appearance: She's relatively easy on the eyes
              What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                Appearance: She's relatively easy on the eyes
                Not up close. She lost the DOD job because she has bad skin and Dump found her repulsive up close. True story.

Is that a good reason to reject a SecDef candidate? No. Is it a Dump reason? Obviously.
                Last edited by Kepler; 10-10-2019, 11:53 AM.
                Cornell University
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Not up close. She lost the DOD job because she has bad skin and Dump found her repulsive up close. True story.

Is that a good reason to reject a SecDef candidate? No. Is it a Dump reason? Obviously.
                  So, you're saying Trump doesn't follow mookie's "they all look the same in the dark" mantra? Interesting...
                  Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

I will not stop saying it. Her service is bullsh-t. I know somebody very well who knows her very well. If you can top that I'll be willing to listen. If not then you are arguing an abstraction against concrete knowledge so it's you who needs to stand down.

If Mayor Pete did his mil turn to polish up his resume then f-ck him, too.
                    In Buttigieg's case, the cynical bros say that no one quits McKinsey to join the military unless they have "political ambitions".

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                      So, you're saying Trump doesn't follow mookie's "they all look the same in the dark" mantra? Interesting...
                      not even....
                      rooms are rarely pitch black.
                      and as any blind person can tell you, one can see with their hands.

ergo, they absolutely DO NOT all look the same in the dark!
                      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

In Buttigieg's case, the cynical bros say that no one quits McKinsey to join the military unless they have "political ambitions".
                        Not sure why the roll eyes, it may well be true.

Let's face it. Military service is a valuable form of virtue signalling to certain populations. Politicians do choose to do it in order to establish bona fides. For that matter, likely the vast majority of non-politicians choose it because they are shut out from other paths of advancement.

There's a lot of rot surrounding our glorification of the military and much of it has nothing to do with either the troops or the cause of national defense. Militarism is great business (as I can tell you) and extolling the virtues of the military advances many social and political attitudes which, well, as mookie would say, "there are some bad people on the right."
                        Cornell University

Comment

Not sure why the roll eyes, it may well be true.

Let's face it. Military service is a valuable form of virtue signalling to certain populations. Politicians do choose to do it in order to establish bona fides. For that matter, likely the vast majority of non-politicians choose it because they are shut out from other paths of advancement.

There's a lot of rot surrounding our glorification of the military and much of it has nothing to do with either the troops or the cause of national defense. Militarism is great business (as I can tell you) and extolling the virtues of the military advances many social and political attitudes which, well, as mookie would say, "there are some bad people on the right."
                          Yeah honestly it just seems like a move on his part to basically check a box on his resume. He joined the naval reserves in a landlocked state a few months before his first election and then went overseas and worked on spreadsheets in a financial intelligence unit. It's certainly not as dangerous as he made it out to be where he was constantly carrying a gun weary of suicide bombers in a region that had no suicide bombings. And as you note he wouldn't be the first politician to have done this.
                          Last edited by trixR4kids; 10-11-2019, 09:36 AM.

Comment

Even working on the non-combat side (especially in this day and age) deserves merit. How many of us can say we joined the armed forces? There are different degrees of "being in the sh*", sure, but they still served the country. *shrug*
                            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

I'm not saying it's bad that he served but I think it's fair to look at it critically especially when how he describes his service doesn't really match up with what he actually did.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                                Even working on the non-combat side (especially in this day and age) deserves merit. How many of us can say we joined the armed forces? There are different degrees of "being in the sh*", sure, but they still served the country. *shrug*
                                It reminds me of the joke about politicians -- once you can fake authenticity you can fake anything.

I primarily respect soldiers because I assume they were f-cked in the birth lottery yet they managed to somehow beat the odds in a culture where the poor are told to drop dead. And then there are those dwindling few rich families, mostly southern, which still preserve the noblesse oblige attitude and actually put their as-ses on the line to defend values which the rest of American society doesn't really measure up to anymore.

But. If you were a PFC file clerk I'm not going to lay down and worship you. A third grade teacher does far more for our country than any soldier. And as to that solider, while I have nothing against him we should all have a lot against the MIC which uses him as a literal human shield to gin up their profits.

The greatest "political correctness" of this (and pretty much every other) country is to extol the virtues of the representative of the coercive power of whoever owns the state. The guy who suffers most from that is typically the solider himself, who is just a disposable unit in the balance sheet of the rich f-cks making their fortunes using him as their public face.

And one of the ways they do that is the way Tulsi did -- take a sweet sunny vacation for a couple years safely in the green zone filing your nails and then run as one of Our Brave Heroes. Directly to the extent that you respect real soldiers, you should be offended by that cynicism.
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X