X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2020 Democratic Challengers Vi: The Undiscovered Country

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    It reminds me of the joke about politicians -- once you can fake authenticity you can fake anything.

I primarily respect soldiers because I assume they were f-cked in the birth lottery yet they managed to somehow beat the odds in a culture where the poor are told to drop dead. And then there are those dwindling few rich families, mostly southern, which still preserve the noblesse oblige attitude and actually put their as-ses on the line to defend values which the rest of American society doesn't really measure up to anymore.

But. If you were a PFC file clerk I'm not going to lay down and worship you. A third grade teacher does far more for our country than any soldier. And as to that solider, while I have nothing against him we should all have a lot against the MIC which uses him as a literal human shield to gin up their profits.

The greatest "political correctness" of this (and pretty much every other) country is to extol the virtues of the representative of the coercive power of whoever owns the state. The guy who suffers most from that is typically the solider himself, who is just a disposable unit in the balance sheet of the rich f-cks making their fortunes using him as their public face.

And one of the ways they do that is the way Tulsi did -- take a sweet sunny vacation for a couple years safely in the green zone filing your nails and then run as one of Our Brave Heroes. Directly to the extent that you respect real soldiers, you should be offended by that cynicism.
    I was referring more to the intelligence side of things; hacking, decoding, communications, etc.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
      I was referring more to the intelligence side of things; hacking, decoding, communications, etc.
      His post addresses that, though he sorta exaggerates with the PFC file clerk part.

Comment

Fool asks Elizabeth Warren about same sex marriage. She knocks it out of the park.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lr8-Ln3FK64
        https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...lity-town-hall

"Well, I'm going to assume it's a guy who said that," Warren responded. "And I'm going to say, then just marry one woman... Assuming you can find one."
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

This is from wiki on Buttigieg:

Military career[edit]

In 2014, Buttigieg began his deployment at Bagram Air Base in Afghanistan.
          In 2007, while volunteering for Barack Obama's presidential campaign, Buttigieg was influenced to join the military after seeing the disparities between communities that were missing large amounts of young people due to military service and those that had barely any serving.[39]

In 2009, Buttigieg became an ensign in the U.S. Navy Reserve and trained to become a naval intelligence officer. He deployed to Afghanistan for seven months in 2014.[40][41][42] While deployed, Buttigieg was part of a unit assigned to identify and disrupt terrorist finance networks. Part of this was done at Bagram Air Base, but he also worked as an armed driver for his commander on over 100 trips into Kabul. Buttigieg has jokingly called this role "military Uber", because he had to watch out for ambushes and explosive devices along the roads and make sure the vehicle was guarded.[39] In order to better communicate with Afghans, he also taught himself to speak some Dari (a variety of the Persian language). Buttigieg was awarded the Joint Service Commendation Medal[43] and the Joint Meritorious Unit Award and was honorably discharged from the U.S. Navy in 2017.[44][45][46]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pete_Buttigieg

I'm now sure what if anything Buttigieg is exaggerating here, but I can tell you I sure as fuk wouldn't want to be transporting people around Afghanistan. If he portrayed himself as Rambo, okay, but his service seems a bit different than that of a file clerk.
          Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

He talks about how dangerous it was and how he constantly had to carry a gun when in reality he worked on spreadsheets in the safest area of Afghanistan (Kabul). And the sources for that claim about being the uber driver or whatever are his own quotes.

Comment

I'd say he did his duty. And the safest place over there is like someone saying they stayed at the nicest hotel in Southside Chicago, except worse, of course.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                I'd say he did his duty. And the safest place over there is like someone saying they stayed at the nicest hotel in Southside Chicago, except worse, of course.
                Now you're just making **** up.

Comment

So now we are Swift Boating our own candidates...awesome.

A man chooses to serve and we are ****ing on it because he isnt the candidate we like. Cool story. How about you go to Kabul and walk around without protection and see how you feel.
                  "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                    He talks about how dangerous it was and how he constantly had to carry a gun when in reality he worked on spreadsheets in the safest area of Afghanistan (Kabul). And the sources for that claim about being the uber driver or whatever are his own quotes.
                    How do you know this and that none of the following is accurate:

While deployed, Buttigieg was part of a unit assigned to identify and disrupt terrorist finance networks. Part of this was done at Bagram Air Base, but he also worked as an armed driver for his commander on over 100 trips into Kabul. Buttigieg has jokingly called this role "military Uber", because he had to watch out for ambushes and explosive devices along the roads and make sure the vehicle was guarded.[39]
                    No one needs to kiss Pete's *** over this (regardless of what he did) and I don't think he's asking. You again come off as someone cynical of anyone not named Bernie.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post

A man chooses to serve and we are ****ing on it because he isnt the candidate we like. Cool story. How about you go to Kabul and walk around without protection and see how you feel.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post

Which has nothing to do with anything anybody said, but please do continue.
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                          How do you know this and that none of the following is accurate:

No one needs to kiss Pete's *** over this (regardless of what he did) and I don't think he's asking. You again come off as someone cynical of anyone not named Bernie.
                          There's nothing verifying it other than his own quote claiming he did it so...

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                            There's nothing verifying it other than his own quote claiming he did it so...
                            Ummm....so we're assuming he's a liar without any evidence? I'm a little confused as to you and Kep's angle here. If he was BS'ing about this his commander or people in his unit presumably would call him out on it.

If there's some reason to doubt any of this, please post it. I'm not voting for Buttigieg in the primary and he's like my 5th choice to win the nomination but I just don't get questioning the guy's service if that's all he said about it.
                            Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Nobody cared when they did it to John Kerry. Why should anyone care now?
                              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

I'm assuming that since there were zero suicide bombings in Kabul and his job was to watch for them in case they happened, that it wasn't as dangerous as he's claiming because it wasn't.

Comment

Working...
                                X