Bentley Falcons 2019-20: The Future is Now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bentley Falcons 2019-20: The Future is Now

A familiar Hockey East face tonight... At times we've played Northeastern really well, at times gotten (very) lucky. We've also gotten blown out! Regardless, a team that we've had OOC success against. I'm can't imagine that any NU fan enjoys seeing Bentley on the schedule!

@BentleyTopShelf

Comment

Originally posted by The Top Shelf View Post
      A familiar Hockey East face tonight... At times we've played Northeastern really well, at times gotten (very) lucky. We've also gotten blown out! Regardless, a team that we've had OOC success against. I'm can't imagine that any NU fan enjoys seeing Bentley on the schedule!
      Copied from the Northeastern thread:

"B-B-B-B-Bentley? That Bentley? The very thought of Bentley makes me break out in hives."
      "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Falcons also described by NU fans as their kryptonite.

Welcome back from the woodwork, TTS.

Edit: I watched on NESN and thought that Bentley played well tonight; now 4-5-2 in the all-time series against NU, which should make some noise this season in the NCAA postseason.

Now, Bentley needs to go on a run against conference teams the second half like last season.
        Last edited by Snively65; 01-06-2020, 08:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Split-N View Post
          "B-B-B-B-Bentley? That Bentley? The very thought of Bentley makes me break out in hives."
          It's bad manners to quote oneself but I've broken out in hives. Honestly, Bentley deserved a better fate. Good showing by your guys.
          "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Originally posted by Split-N View Post
            It's bad manners to quote oneself but I've broken out in hives. Honestly, Bentley deserved a better fate. Good showing by your guys.
            I am really impressed by the Huskies this season. But, I will be rooting against them again in Durham this coming weekend. :-)

Still not happy about BvR bailing on UNH for his senior season.

Comment

Having a look at the boards for the first time this season after attending the NU game last night. Looks like we could use some more participation!

Overall, I thought the Falcons outplayed the Huskies last night. The SOG agree with me as well. There's a lot of talent on this team, and like Schiegs started this thread with... there shouldn't be any excuses for not being at or near the top of the conference. Need to have a strong second half to lock up a bye!

Comment

Originally posted by acohen527 View Post
                Having a look at the boards for the first time this season after attending the NU game last night. Looks like we could use some more participation!

Overall, I thought the Falcons outplayed the Huskies last night. The SOG agree with me as well. There's a lot of talent on this team, and like Schiegs started this thread with... there shouldn't be any excuses for not being at or near the top of the conference. Need to have a strong second half to lock up a bye!
                Bye did not help last year. As I noted late last regular season, I think that Bentley plays better without time off, barring injuries that need time to heal, of course. Regardless, need to avoid facing RMU this postseason.

Comment

The two ties this weekend felt like losses to me. :-(

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                    Bye did not help last year. As I noted late last regular season, I think that Bentley plays better without time off, barring injuries that need time to heal, of course. Regardless, need to avoid facing RMU this postseason.
                    No bye this year; will see if that matters as 8th place Bentley hosts 9th place Canisius for best two of three this weekend. Recall that Bentley hosted Canisius for two ties in early January.

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                      No bye this year; will see if that matters as 8th place Bentley hosts 9th place Canisius for best two of three this weekend. Recall that Bentley hosted Canisius for two ties in early January.
                      Where too next?
                      RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

Originally posted by blazer777 View Post
                        Where too next?
                        Nice job Falcons.
                        RPI Engineers
                        RIT Tigers
                        ARMY Black Knights

Comment

Originally posted by blazer777 View Post
                          Where to next?
                          Either AIC or Sacred Heart depending on today's Robert Morris/Holy Cross game. If RMU wins, Bentley goes to AIC and RMU to Sacred Heart. If Holy Cross wins, Bentley goes to SHU and CHC to AIC.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Trefzger View Post
                            Either AIC or Sacred Heart depending on today's Robert Morris/Holy Cross game. If RMU wins, Bentley goes to AIC and RMU to Sacred Heart. If Holy Cross wins, Bentley goes to SHU and CHC to AIC.
                            Close Trips all around. Thanks Ed
                            RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

Happy to have gotten through Canisus with relative ease. I was at both games back in Jan where they blew 3 goal leads to lose in 2OT or SO. Onto AIC!

@BentleyTopShelf

Comment

I'm cautiously optimistic about the Jackets' chances against the Falcons, but I'd have preferred AIC play RMU instead. Bentley looked pretty good Friday night.

Comment

Working...
                                X