Bentley Falcons 2019-20: The Future is Now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bentley Falcons 2019-20: The Future is Now

What I really liked was that the refs let both teams play for the most part. Maybe not a sell out, but one of the larger crowds since the arena opened. Hope that the first-timer students enjoyed the game. Now, we need UNH to put some wins together to improve Bentley's PWR.

Comment

Bentley's second goal (Goseiwski) was pretty, a nice sharp dot-to-dot pass one timed. Otherwise, Bentley was outplayed by a bigger, faster squad. But as we saw last weekend, that doesn't always translate.

Less than 100 tickets left unsold. Great atmosphere tonight, alumni in attendance were impressed with the environs.

On a side note; Bentley travels to Ohio State next year, and gets Northeastern and BC at home, for a brutal October. The Buckeyes will visit Waltham in the 21-22 season. I'm a fan of coach Soderquist's scheduling.
      Bentley University Hockey
      On-campus arena: Build it, and they will come...

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
        What I really liked was that the refs let both teams play for the most part. Maybe not a sell out, but one of the larger crowds since the arena opened. Hope that the first-timer students enjoyed the game. Now, we need UNH to put some wins together to improve Bentley's PWR.
        Except for the call going into OT!
        UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

Originally posted by schiegs View Post
          On a side note; Bentley travels to Ohio State next year, and gets Northeastern and BC at home, for a brutal October. The Buckeyes will visit Waltham in the 21-22 season. I'm a fan of coach Soderquist's scheduling.
          Nice win tonight! Scheduling question - do you happen to know what Bentley's other 2 OOC games / teams are for the 20-21 season?

Comment

Originally posted by Liveatjrl View Post
            Nice win tonight! Scheduling question - do you happen to know what Bentley's other 2 OOC games / teams are for the 20-21 season?
            No, sorry.

Comment

Oh Bentley, why do you continue to destroy my pick’em record? Congrats on the win last night!
              RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

Originally posted by blazer777 View Post
                Oh Bentley, why do you continue to destroy my pick’em record? Congrats on the win last night!
                Oops, I just congratulated you on the AHC Pick 'Em thread for picking Bentley, as I thought that you were always bullish on the Falcons, or is that just when they play against your Tigers. :-)

Comment

Oops, I just congratulated you on the AHC Pick 'Em thread for picking Bentley, as I thought that you were always bullish on the Falcons, or is that just when they play against your Tigers. :-)
                  I’ve asked Mar to release the name of that picker. On the flip side, I always appreciate a Bentley win over any other team in the region here where the leaves are falling and the nights are getting cool
                  RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

So, either the ticket site has bad data, or BOTH of the games against Mercyhurst this weekend are virtually sold out. What gives? Has Bentley finally caught the hockey bug?

Comment

So, either the ticket site has bad data, or BOTH of the games against Mercyhurst this weekend are virtually sold out. What gives? Has Bentley finally caught the hockey bug?
                      Surprising, as attendance was pitiful this past Saturday night. I doubt that I will ever again be able to say that I watched three hockey games in the Bentley Arena in 26 hours as I did this past weekend. The Bruins-Rangers alumni game on Saturday afternoon was a delight. I did not recognize the Bentley team that I watched play on Saturday night, compared to the team that I watched play on Friday night.
                      Last edited by Snively65; 10-29-2019, 09:14 PM.

Comment

Just remembered it's Falcon Weekend (a.k.a. Homecoming) back on campus. That's likely why so many tix have been sold. In fact, I count a whopping 6 single tickets available for the weekend series.
                        Last edited by schiegs; 10-30-2019, 12:39 PM.

Comment

Just remembered it's Falcon Weekend (a.k.a. Homecoming) back on campus. That's likely why so many tix have been sold. In fact, I count a whopping 6 single tickets available for the weekend series.
                          Apparently standing room only on Saturday night, which is what I like to do anyway at strategic places along the concourse, a real plus for a smaller arena IMHO.

Comment

Hey, is anyone aware that Bentley broke their four-game losing streak with a 1-0 home win over the Brown Bears last night?

Comment

Hey, is anyone aware that Bentley broke their four-game losing streak with a 1-0 home win over the Brown Bears last night?
                              Yup, closet Falcon fan here, 👍, since the Komm day’s, I had a gut feeling Bentley would play well against Brown and win, I just didnt think it would be 1-0. What a great job that unfortunately may have been overshadowed by SHU’s thumping of BU.
                              RPI Engineers
                              RIT Tigers
                              ARMY Black Knights

Comment

Originally posted by Downstate_RIT_Fan View Post
                                Yup, closet Falcon fan here, 👍, since the Komm day’s, I had a gut feeling Bentley would play well against Brown and win, I just didnt think it would be 1-0. What a great job that unfortunately may have been overshadowed by SHU’s thumping of BU.
                                Gutsy second win in a row tonight, with SHG at 19:58 of second, and GWG midway through third at Holy Cross.

Comment

Working...
                                X