X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: >>> RIT Tigers 2019-2020: "We're on the clock" <<<

Woo meaningless power play goals.

Too bad they couldn't get it done on special teams the 6 attempts it may have actually mattered. Flat out unimpressive weekend. Great, they scored some goals Friday night when the game was a blowout. Any time they got close Sacred Heart ran away again, and they never felt like they were going to get back into it tonight once the second one snuck in. They thoroughly deserved to be swept this weekend, and the home ice struggles are really getting tiresome to watch. And I don't want to hear about the Pollesini curse, because they were bad at the Ritter the last couple years of that building too.

Comment

Obviously we are over rated. SHU schooled us.

Comment

A shocking turn of events in Rochester this weekend, as Tigers' mysterious new HC revealed to have been Wayne Wilson the whole time.

Comment

Originally posted by Schmitty View Post
          A shocking turn of events in Rochester this weekend, as Tigers' mysterious new HC revealed to have been Wayne Wilson the whole time.
          Hahahahaha. Harsh, but at least in regards to the power play, fair.
          RIT

Comment

No puck luck tonight. Was good to see so many RIT fans at Tate Rink though. For all the Atlantic Hockey teams visiting Army, RIT easily brings in the most fans. Nice to see all the orange. Also nice to talk to many family’s from down here that have sons and daughters at RIT. Walked out with an elder gentlemen who asked if I was an alumni, I said no just a fan of RIT Hockey. He said he was an alumnus. Nice to see a senior RIT alum rooting for his team. Not the result we wanted but let’s hope for a win tomorrow. Happy Birthday Ed.
            Last edited by Downstate_RIT_Fan; 11-23-2019, 03:45 AM.
            RPI Engineers
            RIT Tigers
            ARMY Black Knights

Comment

Well we got the split and it looked like it would be a comfortable win but Army made it close at the end pulling it back to 3-2 after RIT went up 3-0 about mid way through the 3rd. My only issue with the game was the game was wrecked by the officiating. Let the players play. You keep throwing Tigers in the box and of course their opponent will eventually score (on their sixth power play). I sat next to an Army dad whose son plays D for Army and he also said that the tempo of the game was interrupted by all the ticky tack calls. Glad RIT won but it seemed as if the refs were trying to get Army back into the game. Atlantic Hockey needs to look at the disparity between the crews, sometimes it’s like night and day.

Kudos to all the RIT alum who showed up at the game and at the earlier alumni event at Thayer Hotel. I saw some nice pics on Twitter. It was also nice to see a contingent of RIT’s regular corner crew fans who made the long trip down to the Hudson Valley. It was great hearing them lead the RIT fans in a number of cheers. Great RIT spirit.
              RPI Engineers
              RIT Tigers
              ARMY Black Knights

Comment

Nice to see them get the split, although the lack of shots/offense reared its head a little bit over the last 40 minutes. Special teams (mostly the power play) continue to be a gigantic concern. They haven't scored a meaningful PP goal that had any chance of affecting the outcome of the game since the Air Force series, and special teams have cost them in their two ties as well as the loss to Army yesterday. They're -7 overall on special teams and +15 at even strength. This team could be really good if it gets better. Anyway, on to AIC next weekend. Big series. Hoping for nothing less than a split.

Comment

Originally posted by jflory81 View Post
                  This team could be really good if it gets better.

Powers &8^]

Comment

Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
                    Powers &8^]
                    Yeah, I noticed that after I posted it lol. Referring to special teams as the "it" there.

Comment

• Happy Thanksgiving to all of the Tiger fans

Comment

• Ouch
                        RPI Engineers
                        RIT Tigers
                        ARMY Black Knights

Comment

• Originally posted by Downstate_RIT_Fan View Post
                          Ouch
                          Be lucky to make the conference tourney if our November continues into December

Comment

Originally posted by Schmitty View Post
                            Be lucky to make the conference tourney if our November continues into December
                            Well everyone makes the conference tourney, but yes.

Where's the team we had in October?

Powers &8^]

Comment

Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
                              Where's the team we had in October?
                              I think that is the question the entire team and staff are asking as well.
                              Scott Biggar
                              WITR - Voice of the RIT Tigers
                              Staff Writer - US College Hockey Online

Comment

Personally, that 2nd game would have been a totally different game if RIT scored a goal or two and didn't let in that 2nd goal the way it went in. I thought both teams played a sub-par game in the first game.

Comment

Working...
                                X