This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: >>> RIT Tigers 2019-2020: "We're on the clock" <<<

I'm in town with my HS Senior to tour campus tomorrow and just realized there is a home game tonight. Any chance of a sellout? I have done NO research...
    BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
      I'm in town with my HS Senior to tour campus tomorrow and just realized there is a home game tonight. Any chance of a sellout? I have done NO research...
      Probably not. Should be able to get tickets easily.
      Atlantic Hockey Composite schedule: www.tinyurl.com/AHAcomp2
      College Hockey America (Women) Composite Schedule: www.tinyurl.com/CHAWcomp

RIT Tigers
      Men's Atlantic Hockey Champions 2010 2015 2016
      Men's Frozen Four 2010
      Women's College Hockey America Champions 2014 2015
      Women's DIII National Champions 2012

Comment

Well seems like the Polisseni Curse continues. Even after that great start to the season; this looks like a different team now.

Powers &8^]

Comment

I hope nobody thought that Niagara was going to be easy. They played a brutally tough OOC schedule and didn't win any of them. Niagara gummed up the works and got some really good goals to get the tie/win. At least they got a point out of it.
          2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
          2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
          2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
          2010 Frozen Four participant
          2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
            Well seems like the Polisseni Curse continues. Even after that great start to the season; this looks like a different team now.

Powers &8^]
            I think they're finding their footing here. Early in the season, an absurd percentage of shots were finding the back of the net and Drackett was impenetrable. Now shot totals are becoming more like what we'd expect and shot percentage isn't terrible and Drackett is still playing pretty well. No in-conference losses yet. Seems like they are trying to figure out ways to win against different playing styles. Niagara did a good job of preventing passes down low across the front of the net. RIT had some questionable no-look passes out of what seemed like desperation. Watching the second half of last night's game, I got the sense that the longer the game went on, the less likely RIT would come away with the win. We'll see if it's different tonight.

Looking forward to the rest of the season!
            RIT Tigers!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ln145QKj2pE - A video I shot of Ricky Walton's penalty shot vs. Canisius 11/2/07. It ended up being the game winner.

2013-14 AHA Pick 'Em Champion!

Comment

Originally posted by Bing View Post
              I think they're finding their footing here. Early in the season, an absurd percentage of shots were finding the back of the net and Drackett was impenetrable. Now shot totals are becoming more like what we'd expect and shot percentage isn't terrible and Drackett is still playing pretty well. No in-conference losses yet. Seems like they are trying to figure out ways to win against different playing styles. Niagara did a good job of preventing passes down low across the front of the net. RIT had some questionable no-look passes out of what seemed like desperation. Watching the second half of last night's game, I got the sense that the longer the game went on, the less likely RIT would come away with the win. We'll see if it's different tonight.

Looking forward to the rest of the season!
              On, and maybe they could play a game in the Ritter for old time's sake?
              RIT Tigers!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ln145QKj2pE - A video I shot of Ricky Walton's penalty shot vs. Canisius 11/2/07. It ended up being the game winner.

2013-14 AHA Pick 'Em Champion!

Comment

Nice weekend for them. They very easily could have won both nights - I don't think Niagara could say the same. I thought Veltri played really well while Drackett played a little below his standard on Friday night (although certainly not terribly), and the special teams drought bit them again. But credit to them for bouncing back from an early goal and really taking it to Niagara for the rest of the night tonight.

I maintain that RIT should find themselves ranked when the polls come out Monday, although I suspect that Western Michigan will pass them even if one of the top 20 falls out, which isn't a guarantee...

Comment

We're 10 games into the season. Here's some random interesting stats from a spreadsheet I keep for the D1 era.

From this weekend:
                  - Will Calverley is currently on a 4 game goal scoring streak. This is tied for 8th longest streak in RIT D1 history. The record is 7 games, set by Matt Crowell in 2009 and Erik Brown in 2017.
                  - Dan Willett now has 34 assists in his RIT career, which ties him for 10th among defensemen in the D1 era.
                  - Logan Drackett is on pace to set the following single season records: GAA, Win %, Save %. He also already has 2 shutouts, which is the 4th most for a single season in the D1 era. And he now has 1606 saves in his RIT career, which moves him past Jared DeMichiel for 5th all-time. At his current pace he should move up to 2nd this season, passing Louis Menard, Shane Madolora, and Jordan Ruby.

Other random things:
                  - Alden Dupuis has a career +/- of +27, which is 7th best in the D1 era.
                  - In shooting percentage, 5 of the top 10 (and 7 of the top 12) in the D1 era are active players. Some of these players have a small sample size, but it's interesting nonetheless.

Obviously it's still early in the season, but here are some team stats that would set RIT D1 records for a single season:
                  - Goals Allowed (1.7 goals per game)
                  - Save Percentage (0.943)
                  - Shooting Percentage (13.2%)
                  - Win Percentage (0.800)

However, these would be the worst in the D1 era:
                  - Shots per Game (22.7)
                  - Power Play Percentage (13.2%)
                  - Opponent's Winning Percentage (0.346)

These stats have been done by hand over the past 10 years or so. If you notice any errors, let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by jflory81 View Post
                    I maintain that RIT should find themselves ranked when the polls come out Monday, although I suspect that Western Michigan will pass them even if one of the top 20 falls out, which isn't a guarantee...
                    Well guessed.

Until we play some more respected teams (besides Ohio State and Bowling Green) we're going to struggle to make the Top 20. Of course, if we rack up a few wins in a row...

Powers &8^]

Comment

Wayne Wilson was our guest on today's episode of the USCHO Spotlight podcast: https://www.uscho.com/2019/11/12/rit...n-2-episode-6/

Comment

Nice piece on Jake Hammacher in the new issue of California Rubber Magazine (which is published by USCHO managing editor Matt Mackinder). Check it out here: https://issuu.com/rubberhockeymagazi...ca_rubber_1119

Comment

Can anyone tell me how to access Atlantic Hockey picks for this weekend on the USCHO site? I can't find them anywhere.

Powers &8^]

Comment

You can't find them because they haven't been published yet.

Comment

Dirty unskilled team. I saw no less than10 hits from behind.

Comment

I'm sure the coach ripped the team a new one after the game. Very little things worked to get the team going and keep going. HOWEVER, I will site a few positives (yes, believe it or not, there were some)

1. The power play scored. That unit needed it after the slump they have been in.
                                2. Kobe Walker got on the scoresheet with goals. It was thought he could step up in scoring and he finally got going.
                                3. The backup goalies got work. I'm not saying Logan Drackett needs rest, but it is good to sometimes sit back and watch. Plus, if anything should happen to him, it would help if the backups have been in the game.

Now, the team needs to play a lot better tonight to get the split. Sacred Heart game RIT trouble last year and it seems to have continued. Let's hope RIT can close out this home stretch with a win.
                                2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                                2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
                                2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                                2010 Frozen Four participant
                                2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

Working...
                                X