This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: >>> RIT Tigers 2019-2020: "We're on the clock" <<<

Great game, Great Series. Way to go Tigers!
    RPI Engineers
    RIT Tigers
    ARMY Black Knights

Comment

Only managing 22 shots over a weekend sweep has to be a record. Drackett's on some kind of hot streak. His numbers are absurd.

Comment

Orange Cat Review RIT Vs. Air Force – Game 2

Puck Drop: Well after perhaps the "worst" win ever, RIT was back at it looking for bonus points up in the mountains. And it again was the story that just won't change. Logan Drackett, even Charles Williams should just be applauding at this point, this honestly is something I have not seen day in and day out since Dom Hasek was in his prime in Buffalo, 36-11 and 80-22 was total shots on the weekend. 79 saves...

Blame Game: : Linesmen were pretty bad all night, both ways. The contact to the head on Brubacher, in fairness I only got two regular speed look at it from the wrong angle, but the Air Force media guys both said no. If you really can't get it right with replay, I don't know where that leaves you....

Hockey Hero: Logan Drackett, anyone think he will get goaltender of the week?

Turing Point: Jake Hamacher finished off a great pass by Caleb Moretz, who is as advertise. Just seem like a forgone conclusion after that goal...

Hey, You Did Good: First ever sweep of Air Force, I know they are in a scoring funk, but that's something...

Look, You Need to Do Better: .966 save percentage, I think Drackett needs to do better...

Good Move Wayne: You started Logan Drackett, again

WILSON!!!!!!!!! (Second Guessing Wayne): It was a better game than last night, but as Herb Brooks was known for saying "Better, but not good". It's funny how the narrative changes when you have to play a team the next night and when your moving on. I just can't sign off on the way the Tigers are playing, despite the results. Something gotta give at some point, I don't care about the shots they gave up, I care about 11 shots a game. Being held under 20 is not good, 22 in two games

Breathless: It Redundant at this point, I'm a catholic and I know better, but Drackett might be god right now. I was out of breath when Scott Bigger said on the post game a well deserve sweep, for Logan yes, rest of team..... no...

Next Shift Up: Holy Cross who lost to Merrimack last week, but came back to tie Saint Lawrence tonight. I wonder if Logan Drackett will start? Thanks for reading!
        Last edited by Tom Naeger; 10-25-2019, 10:54 PM. Reason: Spelling, but of course!
        Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
        The Mule
        Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

Point of clarification: it's not the first time they've ever swept Air Force - I know the Frozen Four team swept them when they clinched the conference against them in overtime on a Friday night, then proceeded to completely smother them in a 3-0 win on Saturday night. I'm pretty sure the other RIT team to win an NCAA tournament game also swept Air Force out of the Polisseni during the AHA playoffs. Hmm. I like that pattern.

Comment

On the USCHO spotlight podcast this week, Derek Schooley said something about having to remember to say 6 points instead of 4 with the new AHA standings. Looks like Wayne Wilson needs to also. From RIT’s recap:
            “Great goaltending again tonight, but it was a gutty effort all around," said RIT head coach Wayne Wilson. "Killing off the five-minute major was huge for us, and to come away with four huge road points will help pay dividends down the road."
            Atlantic Hockey Composite schedule: www.tinyurl.com/AHAcomp2
            College Hockey America (Women) Composite Schedule: www.tinyurl.com/CHAWcomp

RIT Tigers
            Men's Atlantic Hockey Champions 2010 2015 2016
            Men's Frozen Four 2010
            Women's College Hockey America Champions 2014 2015
            Women's DIII National Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by jflory81 View Post
              Point of clarification: it's not the first time they've ever swept Air Force - I know the Frozen Four team swept them when they clinched the conference against them in overtime on a Friday night, then proceeded to completely smother them in a 3-0 win on Saturday night. I'm pretty sure the other RIT team to win an NCAA tournament game also swept Air Force out of the Polisseni during the AHA playoffs. Hmm. I like that pattern.
              I think he meant to say it was the first time RIT swept Air Force at Air Force. I don't know that for sure, but I could buy it. They've almost never even earned points in a Friday night (Thursday in this case) tilt out in Colorado Springs before.
              Can't we all just get along?
              Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

Comment

Okay, but what's up with that major against Brubaker?

Good thing we had that seventh defenseman.

Powers &8^]

Comment

Was anyone else having problems with score updates last night? Both this page's scoreboard and the CHN app were stuck at 5:25 of the second period from that point until the end of the game (and I never got a final score alert from the CHN app). I had to follow the Men's Hockey Twitter feed to get updates.

Comment

I would rather win ugly than lose pretty. But I would like to win pretty once in a while now

I think we all were wondering where the scoring was going to come from after the top line grraduated last year. It' good to see Cameron step up. But so far, I can't think of anyone else that is consistently a presence on the score sheet. Hopefully some good come cooking with 5 of the next 6 games at the GPC will get the Tigers offense going.
                    2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                    2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
                    2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                    2010 Frozen Four participant
                    2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

Originally posted by TigerFan86-87 View Post
                      I think he meant to say it was the first time RIT swept Air Force at Air Force. I don't know that for sure, but I could buy it. They've almost never even earned points in a Friday night (Thursday in this case) tilt out in Colorado Springs before.
                      I thought I did say first RIT sweep "at" Air Force, not "of" Air Force, but I could be wrong.

And the live stats feed from Air Force did freeze with 5:25 remaining in the second period. All other sites are derived from the stats feed at each rink, so when the source freezes, everything else downstream chokes as well.
                      Scott Biggar
                      WITR - Voice of the RIT Tigers
                      Staff Writer - US College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by joew74 View Post
                        Was anyone else having problems with score updates last night? Both this page's scoreboard and the CHN app were stuck at 5:25 of the second period from that point until the end of the game (and I never got a final score alert from the CHN app). I had to follow the Men's Hockey Twitter feed to get updates.
                        Everybody’s live scores and stats all come via collegehockeystats.net and they distribute the updates. That site receives XML files uploaded from the statistics software at each arena. There were a lot of network issues at the arena both nights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Trefzger View Post
                          Everybody’s live scores and stats all come via collegehockeystats.net and they distribute the updates. That site receives XML files uploaded from the statistics software at each arena. There were a lot of network issues at the arena both nights.

This is what happens when the military retires a weapons system way too soon. All those carrier pigeons sitting in the airplane boneyards with nothing to do but eat and poop.

One could always listen to WITR for the latest scores of course. 😁
                          RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

Originally posted by TigerFan86-87 View Post
                            I think Ed might have accidentally said "over Air Force", but I could be wrong. I wouldn't have said anything if it didn't make it into Tom's post as "first sweep ever over Air Force

Comment

If I did, it was by mistake. I know at least once I said at Cadet Ice Arena.

Comment

The Tigers first swept AFA in the 2006/2007 season during the month of February at the Ritter. From the results of away games, this past weekend would have been the first sweep at the Air Force academy. Of course, if they played them prior to the D1 era, they may have swept them but those results don’t seem available.
                                RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

Working...
                                X