X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: >>> RIT Tigers 2019-2020: "We're on the clock" <<<

Originally posted by komey1 View Post
    Hardly anyone posts here anymore. Certainly not like the days when RIT went DI. Seems most of the posters are either lurking or don't pay attention anymore. Personally, I don't even check the boards as often - as evidenced by missing a week of pick'em.

As for the weekend, it was about as much win as a series in December can be. RIT was good, but not great. They can go into the break on a high note. I like having the exhibition before getting back into NCAA play.
    Two straight conference series against last place Canisius with two what should be very difficult non-conference series in between. Good chance to bank some points in the conference and get back into the title chase if they play well and don't play down to their competition. Definitely games they should win.
    Last edited by jflory81; 12-17-2019, 03:42 PM.

Comment

Officially announced by the Toledo Walleye: RIT vs. BGSU outdoors on 1/2/21.

https://www.toledowalleye.com/news/b...interfest-2020

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Trefzger View Post
        Officially announced by the Toledo Walleye: RIT vs. BGSU outdoors on 1/2/21.

https://www.toledowalleye.com/news/b...interfest-2020
        Did somebody get the okay from Mother Nature?
        RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

Exhibition game tomorrow afternoon...waste of time or a good way to get rid of some Christmas vacation rust?
          RIT Tigers

Comment

Originally posted by blazer777 View Post
            Exhibition game tomorrow afternoon...waste of time or a good way to get rid of some Christmas vacation rust?
            As long as nobody gets hurt, it's a positive. Here's hoping that the time off works like a reset back to the way they were playing at the start of the season.
            John Nabors

RIT Tigers - A Long Hockey Tradition
            AHA Regular Season Champions 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
            AHA Tournament Champions 2010, 2015, 2016
            NCAA DI - 2010, 2015, 2016
            NCAA Frozen 4 - 2010
            NCAA DII - 1983
            NCAA DIII - 1984, 1985, 1989, 1994, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002

Comment

• Orange Cat Review - Guelph 12-29

Puck Drop: I took some time off from my reviews as life has been busy and for the first 20 minutes of tonight's game the Tigers looked like they were still off. Getting out shoot 14-3 in a first period that saw the Tigers come out as flat as a pancake. They were lucky to only be down 1-0 after one. This was supposed to be a tune up for the second half, it look more like a wake up after an all night bender. Some questionable officiating/lack of discipline by Guelph helped the Tigers take a 2-1 in the second and they played a good game after that out shooting Guelph 33-10 for the rest of the game. But being an exhibition, RIT's had their 3rd Goaltender in the third that could not hold the lead despite the Tigers only allowing 4 shots. A bad line change lead to a penalty which in allowed Ryan Valentini to tie the game. 5 on 5 OT didn't produce a shot. And RIT despite having chances in the 3 on 3 lost the game on a pass that Adam could not handle a pass on what would have been a great scoring chance and lead to a foot race that he lost and thus so was the game. But in all honesty the game never should have been there.

Hockey Hero: Todd Winder, the Oxbridge, ON native found the five hole in the 3 on 3 to steal a win from the Tigers

Turing Point: In what could have been a microcosm of the game, a sloppy change by the Tigers lead to Ryan Valentini tying the game early in the third.

Hey, You Did Good: Logan Drackett, with honorable mention to Ian Andriano who made a big time save on a great opportunity that could have tied the game and perhaps lead to a regulation loss. But Drackett was his impressive self again, allowing only 1 goal on 14 shots. Unless this team finds more consistency, they will go as far as Logan can take them.

Look, You Need to Do Better: I won't call anyone out by name, but more than one of RIT offensive producers missed golden chances tonight. Tigers need guys to come through when the game is on their stick...

Good Move Wilson!: Adjustments after the first period.

WILSON!!! Second-Guessing Wilson: What on earth does this coaching staff have to do to get this team to come out flying? I know tonight was kind of tough with the small crowd, but this is a theme we have seen to often this year.

Next Shift Up: a Home in Home with a Canisius team that swept Holy Cross this weekend. RIT is looking at part of their schedule where they should be favor to take a large majority of the points this month. If they are going to be in the top of this league they need to do that and they need to play 60 minutes of hockey, and probably 5 to 10 extra to take those points...
              Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
              The Mule
              Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

• Re: Orange Cat Review - Guelph 12-29

And the mediocrity continues. Flat out didn't show up during the first 20 minutes. Again. At least maybe the PP found something late there while the comeback was actually still possible.

Really hard to stomach giving up that late goal immediately after coming all the way back, too.

Comment

• Originally posted by jflory81 View Post
                  And the mediocrity continues. Flat out didn't show up during the first 20 minutes. Again. At least maybe the PP found something late there while the comeback was actually still possible.

Really hard to stomach giving up that late goal immediately after coming all the way back, too.
                  Team needs to figure themselves out aka start winning
                  Last edited by blazer777; 01-05-2020, 07:11 AM.
                  RIT Tigers

Comment

Originally posted by jflory81 View Post
                    And the mediocrity continues. Flat out didn't show up during the first 20 minutes.
                    Is it possible the flu had something to do with that?

Powers &8^]

Comment

Originally posted by LtPowers View Post

Powers &8^]
                      Absolutely.
                      Russell Jaslow
                      [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                      U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by LtPowers View Post

Powers &8^]
                        If that is the case, someone please explain to me how they dominated Canisius in the 3rd Period? Guess the were magically cured after drinking Harbor Center water in the 2nd intermission. Maybe not taking 4 minors in a period had something to do with it... maybe...

Thomas M. Naeger
                        The Mule

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

• Re: &gt;&gt;&gt; RIT Tigers 2019-2020: &quot;We're on the clock&quot; &lt;&lt;&lt;

Orange Cat Review: @ Canisius[/U]

Puck Drop: After being bailed out by Jake Joffe's Shootout winning Goal, the Tigers limped into HarborCenter, and on a night the Bills blew it the Tigers decided to follow it up by asking some poor fool to hold their beer. Just hopefully that poor fool didn't drink it... RIT had a big come back all undone by a freshman mistake. Ryan Nicholson, there is a lot I like about this kids game right now I think he going to be really good the rest of the way and god I think he going to be great in the future years, but he chased and got lost when he should have just stayed in coverage on a 3 on 2. What turned into a harmless puck near the boards, all the sudden turned into a 2-1 to the Tigers net. Chris McKay came about a mm away from bailing him out as he got a piece of the puck, but it carried over to Grant Meyer who made a perfect pass for a layup goal.

Blame Game: NO IT WAS NOT THE FLU. That got way over played all weekend, I am not doubting that some guys were not feeling their best, and do commend the way they gutted it out. But unless this flu some how made the Tiger dumber it was the penalties and that did them in. First game was stay out of the box, and still they took dumb stick penalties in the offensive end. They followed it up by taking 4 in the first period. More on this to come...

Hockey Hero: Matt Hoover, the Peoria, IL native, scored the game winner just 18 seconds after RIT had fought all the way back from a 3 goal hole. Hoover had a couple of great chances, ironically if he had not buried one earlier we may not have even gotten to be the hero.

Turing Point: Game turned when the Tigers stopped taking Penalties, as Wayne Wilson said, Canisius has seen their PK enough now they will have to completely change it up for the next meeting.

Hey, You Did Good: Caleb Moretz, scored his 5th and 6th goal on the season. With some others, I think he is really going to give the Tigers a potent offense in the future.

Look, You Need to Do Better: Caleb Moretz, Dan Willett, Chris McKay, Jake Joffe, Elijah Gonsalves, heck appropriately you can say the entire bench as RIT as like the fore-mention players took a penalty for too many men on the ice. Seriously not calling these guys out, you can just cycle new names in each game. That really the hard thing, it's no one guy, the undisciplined play is team wide.

Good Move Wilson!: Wayne juggled some lines in the third and it did help the team get going, they dominated Canisius 17-9 according the box score I got.

WILSON!!! Second-Guessing Wilson: As mention before, Wayne doesn't have an easy job solving the penalty situation, as he plain said it's everyone. However, it has really been a 4 year run now that RIT has either taken bad penalties are just made silly mistakes at the worst times. Since winning back to back AHA titles, the Tigers have been their worst enemy for the last 4 years and it's beyond frustrating at this point. I honestly wish I had a solution to offer, but coaches need to figure something out.

Breathless: Tigers have been on the PP 75 times compare to 103 times for their opponents. Only Lake Superior and Maine have had to kill more Penalties...

Next Shift Up: Two good out of conference weekends to maybe get back on track. It getting dicey to say the least on the optimism level for this team...

Thanks for reading!
                          Last edited by Tom Naeger; 01-08-2020, 11:26 AM.

Thomas M. Naeger
                          The Mule

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom Naeger View Post
                            If that is the case, someone please explain to me how they dominated Canisius in the 3rd Period? Guess the were magically cured after drinking Harbor Center water in the 2nd intermission. Maybe not taking 4 minors in a period had something to do with it... maybe...
                            It appears that flu shot technology has not reached the RIT campus
                            RIT Tigers

Comment

• Originally posted by blazer777 View Post
                              It appears that flu shot technology has not reached the RIT campus
                              Quadrivalent, trivalent, it’s almost always a crap shoot to get the correct strains into the vaccine each year and sometimes it’s missed badly.. I’ve heard that there are a lot of cases up north and we have cases down here in southern New York as well. Its flu season. in all seriousness I hope the flu isn’t making it’s way through the team and if it is hopefully the flu vaccine will lessen the symptoms.
                              RPI Engineers
                              RIT Tigers
                              ARMY Black Knights

Comment

Originally posted by Downstate_RIT_Fan View Post
                                Quadrivalent, trivalent, it’s almost always a crap shoot to get the correct strains into the vaccine each year and sometimes it’s missed badly.. I’ve heard that there are a lot of cases up north and we have cases down here in southern New York as well. Its flu season. in all seriousness I hope the flu isn’t making it’s way through the team and if it is hopefully the flu vaccine will lessen the symptoms.
                                We can all sit here and talk about the flu, its vaccines and their relative (in)effectiveness all day, but according to the Coach (on ESPN Radio yesterday), it was a 24 hour bug that went through the team. That's clearly not the flu. Just because the winter-time is called "flu season", it doesn't mean every sickness is the flu.
                                Can't we all just get along?
                                Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

Comment

Working...
                                X