This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: >>> RIT Tigers 2019-2020: "We're on the clock" <<<

Woof. The wheels have completely come off. I wouldn't mind seeing Matthews again tomorrow night...I wonder if Andriano being the guy replacing Drackett tonight is to save Matthews for tomorrow and not let Arizona State see him while they're hot offensively. That 2nd goal that broke open the floodgates needs to be stopped. To be clear, the rest of the team owns plenty of the rest of this debacle - they were giving up great chances on a shift to shift basis after ASU broke the tie. And they almost all went in.

Comment

Time to get this back to the front page....

Deceptively big weekend coming up with Canisius streaking up the standings after taking 5 of 6 from Sacred Heart (which also served to bring Sacred Heart back to the pack). The standings are actually quite interesting:

There is a well defined top 3: Army is actually out in front by winning %, but they are closely followed by Sacred Heart and AIC. A full weekend behind them (defined by needing two wins yourself and two losses from a team in the top 3 to catch up) is Robert Morris and Air Force to round out the top 5. We are then a half weekend behind that pair (if we win our 2 games in hand we have with both those teams it will bring us to a tie with them). But Canisius is sneaking up out of the bottom pack to about a half weekend behind us - if they take 5 points this weekend from us they will pass us and finishing in the top 5 suddenly will feel like a long shot. 5 or 6 out of 6 points FOR us and suddenly we have a legit 3 team race for 2 byes, with an opportunity to get into the title race with a hot streak, with an enormous gulf between the bottom 5 and the top 6.

Comment

Good result last night but still giving up way too many goals. Hopefully the offensive support is there again tonight.
        RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

Wow, what a game that was! I knew it wasn't over yet midway through the third, but I don't think I actually expected a win.

Tigers are now 5-5-1 when allowing the first goal.

Powers &8^]

Comment

Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
            Wow, what a game that was! I knew it wasn't over yet midway through the third, but I don't think I actually expected a win.

Tigers are now 5-5-1 when allowing the first goal.

Powers &8^]
            Had the feeling of an old time D3 barnburner against Elmira.
            John Nabors

RIT Tigers - A Long Hockey Tradition
            AHA Regular Season Champions 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
            AHA Tournament Champions 2010, 2015, 2016
            NCAA DI - 2010, 2015, 2016
            NCAA Frozen 4 - 2010
            NCAA DII - 1983
            NCAA DIII - 1984, 1985, 1989, 1994, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002

Comment

Being there live sitting up by the glass, with the 2010 team in the house and an amazing comeback and loudest, most energetic crowd I’ve experienced at the polisenni center - this was the best game Ive been to in a while! Would love to be at that after party.

Comment

As I posted on social media, I've seen over 1,000 RIT men's hockey games. I've broadcast more than 600 and done play-by-play on more than 400. Tonight was an instant classic, one for the ages -- a personal top 10. To come back from a 4-1 deficit in 3:32 with less than 8:30 left in front of the 2010 Frozen Four team -- and 3,500 raucous fans -- was magic.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ed Trefzger View Post
                  As I posted on social media, I've seen over 1,000 RIT men's hockey games. I've broadcast more than 600 and done play-by-play on more than 400. Tonight was an instant classic, one for the ages -- a personal top 10. To come back from a 4-1 deficit in 3:32 with less than 8:30 left in front of the 2010 Frozen Four team -- and 3,500 raucous fans -- was magic.
                  I was out at a family thing so missed what was apparently an exciting game. Does WITR have a place where one could go to hear the broadcast again?
                  RIT Tigers

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Trefzger View Post
                    I don't entirely disagree, but the exciting comeback was only possible because we dug a 1-4 hole... But I guess that's how some of the best games work.

Powers &8^]

Comment

Originally posted by blazer777 View Post
                      I was out at a family thing so missed what was apparently an exciting game. Does WITR have a place where one could go to hear the broadcast again?
                      Unfortunately not. Replays of the goals from the game are posted by SportsZone.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ed Trefzger View Post
                        Unfortunately not. Replays of the goals from the game are posted by SportsZone.
                        Yeah but they don’t yell and scream like you guys, just not the same
                        RIT Tigers

Comment

Originally posted by blazer777 View Post
                          Yeah but they don’t yell and scream like you guys, just not the same
                          Thanks?

Comment

Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
                            I don't entirely disagree, but the exciting comeback was only possible because we dug a 1-4 hole... But I guess that's how some of the best games work.

Powers &8^]
                            This is true. If we had built a big lead, then held on to win 5-4, there would be a totally different feeling about the game, even though the outcome was the same!

Comment

Highly successful weekend, obviously, and with Air Force and Robert Morris (and Army) all getting swept it puts us in 4th by winning percentage and within striking distance of 3rd. But we have a serious goals against problem right now. We got away with it against Canisius because they also allow goals by the bucketful, but we'll be in trouble against better defensive teams (read: every other team in the top 6 in our conference) giving up 4 goals a game. Drackett's overall numbers have slipped to below a 90% save percentage, which is generally considered a bare minimum...his conference numbers are a little better (at .902) but even that number is 11th out of 13 qualifying AHA goalies.

Comment

RIT's four third-period goals Saturday are collectively USCHO's #5 play of the week.

Powers &8^]

Comment

Working...
                                X