This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jflory81 View Post
    Ah, my mistake. I indeed thought you were talking about the RIT games.

In other news, Harvard is forfeiting their playoff games at RPI this weekend. This seems a little bit draconian, given that RPI has already taken the step of playing without spectators. I guess it's probably related to Harvard sending the kids home and not allowing them to stay in the dorms - disbanding athletics for the rest of the semester is probably part of that. Feel terrible for the kids whose careers are going to end without even a chance to play their way into the NCAA tourney.
    Anybody hear anything from Atlantic Hockey? Full steam ahead with fans this weekend?
    RPI Engineers
    RIT Tigers
    ARMY Black Knights

Comment

• Originally posted by Downstate_RIT_Fan View Post
      Anybody hear anything from Atlantic Hockey? Full steam ahead with fans this weekend?
      Basketball tourney is limiting its games to a handful of people, only a matter of time before hockey does the same or my name is not Orville Redenbocker. 😊
      RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

• Re: >>> RIT Tigers 2019-2020: "We're on the clock" <<<

Originally posted by blazer777 View Post
        Basketball tourney is limiting its games to a handful of people, only a matter of time before hockey does the same or my name is not Orville Redenbocker. 😊
        Hockey is included in the same ban as basketball.

Comment

Originally posted by Downstate_RIT_Fan View Post
          Have not heard anything as of yet. I expect to get a notification from RIT athletic communications as soon as there is news.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ed Trefzger View Post
            Have not heard anything as of yet. I expect to get a notification from RIT athletic communications as soon as there is news.
            “the Boy” provided some detail of a letter that was recently published. Some relevant detail... Spring Break extended through March 22. Also, “No new nonessential gatherings and meetings on campus should be scheduled. Details will be forthcoming for currently scheduled events.

Stay tuned...
            Dave
            RIT - '90

Comment

I wouldn't count on being allowed to attend. Atlantic Hockey is a member of the NCAA - I would expect them to follow suit like the ACC, Big Ten, and Big 12 are doing in basketball starting tomorrow.

EDIT: The way things are going I'd say it's 50-50 it even gets played, if that.
              Last edited by jflory81; 03-11-2020, 08:41 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jflory81 View Post
                I wouldn't count on being allowed to attend. Atlantic Hockey is a member of the NCAA - I would expect them to follow suit like the ACC, Big Ten, and Big 12 are doing in basketball starting tomorrow.

EDIT: The way things are going I'd say it's 50-50 it even gets played, if that.
                Yes, today’s a new day and we’ll see what happens. Last night Army issued a statement confirming that events will continue as scheduled but added the below caveat:

“Please check back regularly for updates and recommendations”

It’s on the Army Hockey Twitter page if anyone wants to read the whole thing. Basically no current Covid-19 cases on post (campus), be diligent and practice good hygiene. Sounds similar to what RIT posted. Leaving wiggle room if conditions change. Sounds like SHU playing with a limited attendance policy in place according to one of their Twitter posts.

Let’s see how this post ages by the end of the day.
                RPI Engineers
                RIT Tigers
                ARMY Black Knights

Comment

Yes, today’s a new day and we’ll see what happens. Last night Army issued a statement confirming that events will continue as scheduled but added the below caveat:

“Please check back regularly for updates and recommendations”

It’s on the Army Hockey Twitter page if anyone wants to read the whole thing. Basically no current Covid-19 cases on post (campus), be diligent and practice good hygiene. Sounds similar to what RIT posted. Leaving wiggle room if conditions change. Sounds like SHU playing with a limited attendance policy in place according to one of their Twitter posts.

Let’s see how this post ages by the end of the day.
                  The first positive test in Monroe County was announced.
                  Russell Jaslow
                  [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                  U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

• Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                    The first positive test in Monroe County was announced.
                    Yes saw that. Perhaps that might change things at RIT. Tons of cases down here, relative to the rest of the state.
                    RPI Engineers
                    RIT Tigers
                    ARMY Black Knights

Comment

Closed to the public: https://ritathletics.com/news/2020/3...ls-at-rit.aspx
                      Atlantic Hockey Composite schedule: www.tinyurl.com/AHAcomp2
                      College Hockey America (Women) Composite Schedule: www.tinyurl.com/CHAWcomp

RIT Tigers
                      Men's Atlantic Hockey Champions 2010 2015 2016
                      Men's Frozen Four 2010
                      Women's College Hockey America Champions 2014 2015
                      Women's DIII National Champions 2012

Comment

“Let’s see how this post ages by the end of the day”

Didn’t take until the end of the day.

Season is over.

https://***********/atlantic_hockey/...302184960?s=21
                        Last edited by Downstate_RIT_Fan; 03-12-2020, 12:13 PM.
                        RPI Engineers
                        RIT Tigers
                        ARMY Black Knights

Comment

• Originally posted by mar7967 View Post
                          Pretty much closed to all.... players, coaches and the radio guys now!
                          RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

Well, since the year is now officially over, I guess it's time to update the conference's class standings.

For the class of 2020, RIT finished 5th in Atlantic Hockey with a .519 winning percentage, which is right about where most of the recent classes have been (their class winning percentage has been somewhere between .518 and .532 since the class of 2014, which was the last class to win a regular season conference championship (as freshmen on the Favot/Brenner led team). The good news, however, is that this year's juniors will go into next year tied for 2nd in the conference at .538, and each year's winning percentage has gone up as you go seniors to freshmen. Here's the complete lists: (Only winning percentage supplied for the classes of 2020-2022 due to the mixed standings systems that have been used - the full spreadsheet can be found here

CLASS OF 2020 (this year's seniors - 4 seasons):
                            1. Air Force - .582 (2 Playoff championships, 2 NCAA Tourney wins)
                            2. AIC - .565 (2 Regular Season championships, 1 Playoff Championship, 1 NCAA Tourney win)
                            3. Canisius - .536 (1 Regular Season championship)
                            4. Army - .527
                            5. RIT - .519
                            6. Sacred Heart - .506
                            7. Robert Morris - .497
                            8. Bentley - .493
                            9. Holy Cross - .466
                            10. Mercyhurst - .426 (1 Regular Season championship)
                            11. Niagara - .384

CLASS OF 2021: (this year's juniors - 3 seasons)
                            1. AIC - .629 (2 RSC, 1 PC, 1 NCAA win)
                            2. RIT - .538
                            2. Sacred Heart - .538
                            4. Air Force - .532 (1 PC, 1 NCAA win)
                            5. Army - .506
                            6. Bentley - .502
                            7. Robert Morris - .466
                            8. Canisius - .464
                            8. Niagara - .464
                            10. Holy Cross - .448
                            11. Mercyhurst - .413 (1 RSC)

CLASS OF 2022: (this year's sophomores - 2 seasons)
                            1. AIC - .711 (2 RSC, 1 PC, 1 NCAA win)
                            2. Sacred Heart - .610
                            3. RIT - .565
                            4. Bentley - .548
                            5. Air Force - .530
                            6. Army - .491
                            6. Niagara - .491
                            8. Robert Morris - .458
                            9. Holy Cross - .405
                            10. Canisius - .393
                            11. Mercyhurst - .298

CLASS OF 2023 (this year's freshmen - 1 season)
                            Look at this year's standings yourself ;-)

Comment

Gonsalves makes the AHA All-Rookie team; Brubaker on 2nd All-Conference team, Drackett on 3rd.

Powers &8^]

Comment

If anyone had subscribed to FloHockey, no COVID-19-related refunds, I'm afraid:

"We appreciate you reaching out! Unfortunately, due to circumstances out of our control, we are not able to issue refunds at this time.

We apologies for the inconvenience. Please let us know if there’s anything else we can do for you."
                                RIT Tigers!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ln145QKj2pE - A video I shot of Ricky Walton's penalty shot vs. Canisius 11/2/07. It ended up being the game winner.

2013-14 AHA Pick 'Em Champion!

Comment

Working...
                                X