This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TigerFan86-87 View Post
    We can all sit here and talk about the flu, its vaccines and their relative (in)effectiveness all day, but according to the Coach (on ESPN Radio yesterday), it was a 24 hour bug that went through the team. That's clearly not the flu. Just because the winter-time is called "flu season", it doesn't mean every sickness is the flu.
    Good to know👍 recovery should be quicker. As long as the bug doesn’t hit during the playoffs, remember the Holy Cross series a number of years ago? I thought that was bad food right?
    RPI Engineers
    RIT Tigers
    ARMY Black Knights

Comment

• Re: >>> RIT Tigers 2019-2020: "We're on the clock" <<<

Originally posted by Downstate_RIT_Fan View Post
      Good to know�� recovery should be quicker. As long as the bug doesn’t hit during the playoffs, remember the Holy Cross series a number of years ago? I thought that was bad food right?
      How about back in their D3 days against I believe Mercyhurst in the playoffs where it was bad food. They delayed the game for a day, but it didn't matter. They were too physically wiped out to put up any kind of fight.
      Russell Jaslow
      [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
      U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
        How about back in their D3 days against I believe Mercyhurst in the playoffs where it was bad food. They delayed the game for a day, but it didn't matter. They were too physically wiped out to put up any kind of fight.
        I know they didn't have the flu when I played against them back in the day at Oswego,or bad food for that matter..

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
          I know they didn't have the flu when I played against them back in the day at Oswego,or bad food for that matter..
          That's because the chicken was in net, some guy named Tyson. Than of course this Scott guy came by who was pretty good [emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
          Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
          The Mule
          Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Naeger View Post
            That's because the chicken was in net, some guy named Tyson. Than of course this Scott guy came by who was pretty good [emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
            10- 4,but my day was waaay b4 Scott more like Hawkins and Hendrickson,guys I played with on Long Island...Best of luck going forward..

Comment

Great win, tigers played hard and looked good all game. Great first start for the freshmen goaltender! Didnt think there was much of a chance as thats a tough first start. I really like Rinaldi - he plays so hard and has so much speed and grittiness. Makes a few rookie passes but otherwise he’s going to be a great one. Go Tigers!

Comment

Obviously a really good weekend - they could have taken both from a nationally ranked team if not for an off-night from Logan and completely incompetent officiating Friday night (how one looks at the kicked in goal and decides there was no kick is absolutely baffling and frankly embarrassing for the AHA)....but one that also makes where they currently stand in the AHA even more baffling. Sacred Heart and Army are legit teams, AIC might be (they need to beat someone outside the conference for a change though - their non-conference record the last couple of years is atrocious....makes me consider their run last year more of a hot streak than something sustainable), but outside of that they should be winning weekends.

The good news is they don't play any of those 3 teams for the rest of the year (at least until the playoffs). The bad news is they have this nasty habit of overlooking teams and playing down to their competition. But a top 4 seed is certainly obtainable with this roster and the schedule coming in.

Pressing question: does Matthews get another start at Arizona State next weekend? And if the two goalies' results are similar to this weekend, does Matthews get a run of starts in league? He looked sharp Saturday and made some key saves, and Drackett's incredible start is a bit of a distant memory at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by jflory81 View Post
                  Obviously a really good weekend - they could have taken both from a nationally ranked team if not for an off-night from Logan and completely incompetent officiating Friday night (how one looks at the kicked in goal and decides there was no kick is absolutely baffling and frankly embarrassing for the AHA)....but one that also makes where they currently stand in the AHA even more baffling. Sacred Heart and Army are legit teams, AIC might be (they need to beat someone outside the conference for a change though - their non-conference record the last couple of years is atrocious....makes me consider their run last year more of a hot streak than something sustainable), but outside of that they should be winning weekends.

The good news is they don't play any of those 3 teams for the rest of the year (at least until the playoffs). The bad news is they have this nasty habit of overlooking teams and playing down to their competition. But a top 4 seed is certainly obtainable with this roster and the schedule coming in.

Pressing question: does Matthews get another start at Arizona State next weekend? And if the two goalies' results are similar to this weekend, does Matthews get a run of starts in league? He looked sharp Saturday and made some key saves, and Drackett's incredible start is a bit of a distant memory at this point.
                  I think Drackett was benched (well Im fairly certain) for blowing a gasket and destroying his stick after 3 soft goals in a row. Its understandable and he's never done anything like that before but still as coach you have to discipline that. I say they go back to him Friday night as we really dont want to start goalie roulette. Maybe that was a good wake up call for him to refocus and get his confidence back up. However, if he has a particularly poor game Friday against ASU, then maybe put Mathews in for Saturday. Overall though, Drackett's play has been pretty solid this season and IF I were coach I'd still stick with him personally.

Comment

It's fine if Coach thinks Drackett is still the guy and gives the team the best chance to win every night, however, to follow up my comment on how his start seems like a distant memory, here's his last 15 starts (starting after the Air Force sweep that he completely stole):

3.10 GAA, 87.5 Save %

Those are...ugly numbers. Even if you take out the non-conference game, you're left with a 2.85 GAA and an 88.6 save % over his last 14 conference games. That would rank 11th out of 12 qualifying AHA goalies. Even with his ridiculously hot start in conference, he's since dropped to 7th in save % and 8th in GAA in the conference among 12 qualifying goalies (this is conference games only).

It's been shaded a bit by his hot start, but Drackett's overall numbers are actually slightly down from last year, when he was a slightly above average AHA goalie, and his recent numbers are in line with his 2017-18 numbers, when RIT was 2nd in the conference in scoring but finished below .500 because they couldn't keep the puck out of their own net (Drackett was 11th out of 12 qualifying goalies that year in split action). I don't think giving Matthews a shot here would be out of line given the circumstances.

EDIT: The "overall" numbers above are just conference games - sorry about that. His actual total numbers are still pretty good (and right around where his numbers were last year) thanks to his hot start: .911 save percentage and 2.53 GAA...right around middle of the pack for NCAA goalies.
                    Last edited by jflory81; 01-13-2020, 03:55 PM.

Comment

Matthews did look good, but it might be hard to judge how sharp. The defensive effort by the Tigers was much improved Saturday. He didn't have to face very many grade A chances (if any at all, really). The first goal was due to a lack of rebound control (and nobody marking the huge forward right in front of the crease). If the D can keep up that level of play, I'd say keep him in there and get him some confidence. If they go back to playing more like they did on Friday, then maybe it wouldn't do him much good to be in there unless the coaches feel he's ready for a bigger challenge.
                      Can't we all just get along?
                      Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

Comment

It's fine if Coach thinks Drackett is still the guy and gives the team the best chance to win every night, however, to follow up my comment on how his start seems like a distant memory, here's his last 15 starts (starting after the Air Force sweep that he completely stole):

3.10 GAA, 87.5 Save %

Those are...ugly numbers. Even if you take out the non-conference game, you're left with a 2.85 GAA and an 88.6 save % over his last 14 conference games. That would rank 11th out of 12 qualifying AHA goalies. Even with his ridiculously hot start in conference, he's since dropped to 7th in save % and 8th in GAA in the conference among 12 qualifying goalies (this is conference games only).

It's been shaded a bit by his hot start, but Drackett's overall numbers are actually slightly down from last year, when he was a slightly above average AHA goalie, and his recent numbers are in line with his 2017-18 numbers, when RIT was 2nd in the conference in scoring but finished below .500 because they couldn't keep the puck out of their own net (Drackett was 11th out of 12 qualifying goalies that year in split action). I don't think giving Matthews a shot here would be out of line given the circumstances.

EDIT: The "overall" numbers above are just conference games - sorry about that. His actual total numbers are still pretty good (and right around where his numbers were last year) thanks to his hot start: .911 save percentage and 2.53 GAA...right around middle of the pack for NCAA goalies.
                        After seeing the numbers that way, definitely makes a stronger case for Mathews!

Comment

Heads up to you all who may want to try to catch the game tonight: No guarantees, but I believe Arizona State may be live streaming the game here tonight. It doesn't look like there's any fees or charge, but as I said, no guarantees.

Both tonight's game and tomorrow night's game are on the schedule.

EDIT: It's not obvious from the post, but the word "here" in the first paragraph is a link to the Pac 12's live streaming site. Apparently this site lets you embed links but doesn't turn them blue so that people know they're links :laugh:

Comment

Heads up to you all who may want to try to catch the game tonight: No guarantees, but I believe Arizona State may be live streaming the game here tonight. It doesn't look like there's any fees or charge, but as I said, no guarantees.

Both tonight's game and tomorrow night's game are on the schedule.

EDIT: It's not obvious from the post, but the word "here" in the first paragraph is a link to the Pac 12's live streaming site. Apparently this site lets you embed links but doesn't turn them blue so that people know they're links :laugh:
                            The RIT Athletics story about the games this weekend confirms the live streams:
                            FOLLOW LIVE
                            This week's games can be heard on WITR 89.7 FM and Fox Sports 1280 AM with Ed Trefzger and Scott Biggar on the call. Fans can also listen online at witr.rit.edu or foxsports1280.iheart.com. Free live streams of both games will be available on the Pac-12 Network [https://pac-12.com/live/arizona-state-university] while Saturday's game will also be streamed on Facebook Live [https://www.facebook.com/Pac12Plus/]. Live statistics for all games can be found at RITathletics.com while updates can also be found on Twitter by following @RITMHKY and/or @RITathletics.
                            Atlantic Hockey Composite schedule: www.tinyurl.com/AHAcomp2
                            College Hockey America (Women) Composite Schedule: www.tinyurl.com/CHAWcomp

RIT Tigers
                            Men's Atlantic Hockey Champions 2010 2015 2016
                            Men's Frozen Four 2010
                            Women's College Hockey America Champions 2014 2015
                            Women's DIII National Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by mar7967 View Post
                              The RIT Athletics story about the games this weekend confirms the live streams:
                              FOLLOW LIVE
                              This week's games can be heard on WITR 89.7 FM and Fox Sports 1280 AM with Ed Trefzger and Scott Biggar on the call. Fans can also listen online at witr.rit.edu or foxsports1280.iheart.com. Free live streams of both games will be available on the Pac-12 Network [https://pac-12.com/live/arizona-state-university] while Saturday's game will also be streamed on Facebook Live [https://www.facebook.com/Pac12Plus/]. Live statistics for all games can be found at RITathletics.com while updates can also be found on Twitter by following @RITMHKY and/or @RITathletics.
                              This is the first time I've seen the ASU rink. Holy cow. That place is smaller than Bill Gray's Iceplex.
                              Russell Jaslow
                              [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                              U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Don’t forget, next week we’re celebrating the only reason Wayno No Bueno has been employed!

Good to see he’s doing a fantastic job behind the bench tonight. >

Comment

Working...
                                X