X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
    Well everyone makes the conference tourney, but yes.]
    Sorry, hyperbole doesn’t channel over the Internet...

Comment

• Re: >>> RIT Tigers 2019-2020: "We're on the clock" <<<

Frankly, their conference record flatters them, considering how poorly everyone but Drackett played in Colorado during that sweep. They seem to be a mediocre possession team with poor overall special teams and a goalie who can occasionally steal them a game but seems to have come back to Earth from a scorching start.

Their next 3 conference weekends are against teams who are struggling in conference play. They need a minimum of 12 points out of these upcoming weekends, or they're going to be in the fight for home ice in the 1st round, not for the bye, which is obviously not where we thought this team would be a month ago.

Comment

Originally posted by jflory81 View Post
        They need a minimum of 12 points out of these upcoming weekends, or they're going to be in the fight for home ice in the 1st round, not for the bye, which is obviously not where we thought this team would be a month ago.
        12 points in 6 games? What, 8 points in the last 9 games isn't good enough for you?

Fight for home ice? This team's fight right now is with themselves to just play better hockey. Forget what the others in the conference are doing. This ship needs to be righted, and fast.
        Can't we all just get along?
        Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by komey1 View Post
          Technically true, but I think for an Atlantic Hockey team, staying high in the PWR is important for a potential at large berth.
          To all those discussing the PWR in October and the Rankings in early November...
          You were saying...?

Can we enact a moratorium on speaking at all about PWR or Rankings before February? I'm not a superstitious person, but...
          Can't we all just get along?
          Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

Comment

“Barring scheduling snafus,” RIT will be playing Bowling Green in an outdoor game next season.
            https://***********/bgsuhockeysite/s...268744705?s=21

Edit: Winterfest dates are December 17, 2020 - January 3, 2021
            Last edited by mar7967; 12-03-2019, 10:56 AM.
            Atlantic Hockey Composite schedule: www.tinyurl.com/AHAcomp2
            College Hockey America (Women) Composite Schedule: www.tinyurl.com/CHAWcomp

RIT Tigers
            Men's Atlantic Hockey Champions 2010 2015 2016
            Men's Frozen Four 2010
            Women's College Hockey America Champions 2014 2015
            Women's DIII National Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by mar7967 View Post
              “Barring scheduling snafus,” RIT will be playing Bowling Green in an outdoor game next season.
              https://***********/bgsuhockeysite/s...268744705?s=21

Edit: Winterfest dates are December 17, 2020 - January 3, 2021
              I've got to know what's behind the name "Fifth Third Field."
              Russell Jaslow
              [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
              U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                I've got to know what's behind the name "Fifth Third Field."
                It's a large, regional bank headquartered in Cincinnati.

https://www.53.com/content/fifth-third/en.html

Comment

Originally posted by LtPowers View Post

Where's the team we had in October?

Powers &8^]
                  You could say where is the goal-tending, but that also would not be fair to Drackett. He was covering up for a lot of the team shortcomings, and as Wayne expected is starting to come back down to earth. I'd like to spend more time discussing but life is too busy right now, so I will probably get dirty looks, but will try and keep this short...

I think Dan Willett has caused a little bit (no pun intended ) on the power play. I don't doubt his skills, but it been a bit of a struggle for him. He has 5 assists and most of them or as pretty as can be, but there also been a couple of really bad decisions back there and over the ice, he has slide to a +/- of -3 and is the only Defenseman currently in the negative. There are times when him and Braubacher just seem like they can't get on the same page and to many times Brubacher ends up with no good look at the net to get his big shot off. Willett can definitely fire his own impressive shot, I think he needs to use it more. If he can find the back of the net I think the whole power play gets that much more difficult to defend. All though part of it too is one big complaint I've had over the years with RIT, lack of guy who seems to get tips and rebound goals.

Although their numbers are not horrible at all, I think Hamacher and Dupuis need to go streaking. Again don't get me wrong they have played well at times and especially with Hamacher there no question on skill, but have also struggles too. Cavalierly/Cameron/Bruce has been a nice find. I think if they can get a little bit more of a punch from a Hamacher and Dupuis line, it will equal a one two punch that will run off a lot of wins.

The intensity, playing hard, or I guess the term this year is compete level has just not been consistent enough. The SOG and getting out played for long stretches if finally biting them and making them look like a team that has no business in the top 2 or 3 teams. The Sacred Heart to AIC part of the schedule was one I had circled to see if they were really a contender for a regular season title, 3 of 18 points, nuff said there. I think with their schedule in the second half they can fest on 11 out of 15 AHA games against teams at the bottom half of the league. Great chance to secure a 1st round bye and home ice, but right now you have to have some reasonable doubts when showtime comes....
                  Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
                  The Mule
                  Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

Great effort
                    Hopefully they can repeat tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by GoTigers2019-2020 View Post
                      Great effort
                      Hopefully they can repeat tomorrow
                      First 30 minutes no way, last 30 hell yeah. Like to see that for 60 tonight.

Great change up on the power play, they are finally working the puck down to the opposite side of Bru, and it's opening up so me lanes.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
                      Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
                      The Mule
                      Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

Nothing like a weekend sweep to get the conversation going.

Powers &8^]

Comment

Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
                          Nothing like a weekend sweep to get the conversation going.

Powers &8^]
                          Only beeching and moaning allowed...
                          Russell Jaslow
                          [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                          U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Hardly anyone posts here anymore. Certainly not like the days when RIT went DI. Seems most of the posters are either lurking or don't pay attention anymore. Personally, I don't even check the boards as often - as evidenced by missing a week of pick'em.

As for the weekend, it was about as much win as a series in December can be. RIT was good, but not great. They can go into the break on a high note. I like having the exhibition before getting back into NCAA play.
                            2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                            2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
                            2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                            2010 Frozen Four participant
                            2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

I think by now everyone learned that Tom knows everything..... And Obviously has way more time than the rest of us.

Comment

• Originally posted by 35TH40TH View Post
                                I think by now everyone learned that Tom knows everything..... And Obviously has way more time than the rest of us.
                                And knows everybody too! 😀

IMHO, this thread goes the way of the team. If they are doing super good, then there’s more conversation. Not doing well and the conversation level drops.
                                RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

Working...
                                X